997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT as Daily Driver? Pros/Cons...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
slykmr is infamous around these parts
997TT as Daily Driver? Pros/Cons...

Currently in a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and looking to take the plunge into the 997TT. For those that have some time in the cars, any cons at this point? Looking to drive the car daily so I just want an insight on road noise, comfort, driveability, features etc. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:24 PM
meatman is infamous around these parts
Same Boat

I've got the same car, 2006 HSE Supercharged, and can't wait to get rid of it. LR has repaired and replaced a majority of the major systems in the entire car. Fortunately, I took a short-term lease, but too bad, because when it's running, it's a magnificent car.

I'd like to know what to expect with th 997TT too. I haven't had Porsche since my '06 993, and I'm expecting an entirely different experience.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:27 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Cons...none. Car is comfortable and a blast to drive. I drive it every time I can.

Pros...everything you would expect when you buy a Porsche

Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
I can't give you a long-term report, but my initial view is that absolutely could be a daily driver.

The single biggest factor there is PASM. Ride quality is fantastic.

That said, and not to state the obvious, but there are lots of other factors to consider: people/stuff capacity, manual transmission, fear of door dings / theft, ground clearance.

If you drive alone, without stop/go traffic, don't need to haul stuff, and have roomy covered parking at both ends of your journey, then it would be a great DD.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Cons is definitely that you'd have to worry about where to park. If you don't care about those things then it's a moot point. I can't think of any cons, really. It's a great car to drive.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:11 PM
slykmr is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the replies. Parking really is not much of an issue as that is something i can control. The tiptronic would take care of the stop/go traffic issue but I cannot find a car optioned with Tip. Actually I cannot find a car in general, and that makes me want it that much more.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Depreciation (?)

Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
If I were going to buy a TT as a daily driver, I would probably consider getting the car without the sport seats.
Yes, they are comfortable to sit in and offer nice support, but when I was "test driving" different seats at the Pcar dealership, I noticed two specific things about sport seats.

1) They are more difficult to get in and out of.
2) When you open the drivers side door, because of the side bolsters, you need the door to swing out much wider, to exit the car, then the room you need to get out of the car w/out the sport seats. - So parking in a tighter type garage or jumping in and out of the car is not as comfortable. You literally have to swing the door, wide open, to get out of the sport seats.

Having said that, I got mine with sport seats, but my TT is a 3rd car. If it were my daily driver, I would have skipped the sport seats.

B

Old 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Tough to haul plywood?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
kush is infamous around these parts
Definitely the ultimate DD in my opinion. Small gas tank results in fairly frequent stops at the gas station, but it's a small price to pay.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 PM
saunderscc is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally Posted by kush
Definitely the ultimate DD in my opinion. Small gas tank results in fairly frequent stops at the gas station, but it's a small price to pay.
No big deal if you're used to any Land Rover product...

Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I loved mine, then again I drive my GT3 as my ONLY CAR...anything is fine...the TT is the best DD exotic you can buy! no negatives at all.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
El Cholo Loco is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by slykmr
Currently in a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and looking to take the plunge into the 997TT. For those that have some time in the cars, any cons at this point? Looking to drive the car daily so I just want an insight on road noise, comfort, driveability, features etc. Thanks in advance!
I have had my 997TT for a couple of months now and using as daily driver. Absolutely incredible. No cons that I can think of. A much improvement over my 996TT.

About your Range Rover Sport Supercharged, are you also having issues? I am thinking about buying one for my wife but am starting to hear horror stories.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:55 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Quite frankly, I think you are making a big mistake by not driving it as a dd. As long as you are comfortable leaving it parked, you are crazy (imho) if you save it for the next guy.

The only big con is that you can really only comfortably fit one hooker.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Jamie has all the right points these things depreciate garage queens should only be super high end exotics...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT as Daily Driver? Pros/Cons...