997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

G.I.A.C. Flashloader pricing is now available. See here.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
G.I.A.C. Flashloader pricing is now available. See here.

Base price for a single flash is $3495.

The G.I.A.C. handheld if to switch programs is $150.

Available programs are as follows:
S= Stock $200 MSRP
R=Race Gas $400 MSRP
K=Kill $200 MSRP
V=Valet $200 MSRP
F=GIAC Privacy/Security Firewall $200 MSRP

So if you wanted a your car flashed with all of the following programs, plus the handheld dongle, cost would be $4845.

Please email me with any further questions.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Note: GIAC PRIVACY/SECURITY FIREWALL is an option where the customer gets a PIN code (flashed in the ECU and that must match the end-user programmed PIN in GIAC flashloader handheld) so that no one else can switch their software unless they get their hands on a properly PIN coded handheld. This is good to prevent maybe a 16yr old son from running race mode? or valet from changing it out of valet mode, or a thief from switching a car our of kill mode, or a dealership meddling with your cars modes.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 04-05-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Don't forget the one I forgot too... the F, which i forgot to mention in the other post

F=GIAC PRIVACY/SECURITY FIREWALL $200 MSRP
Note: GIAC PRIVACY/SECURITY FIREWALL is an option where the customer gets a PIN code (flashed in the ECU and that must match the end-user programmed PIN in GIAC flashloader handheld) so that no one else can switch their software unless they get their hands on a properly PIN coded handheld. This is good to prevent maybe a 16yr old son from running race mode? or valet from changing it out of valet mode, or a thief from switching a car our of kill mode, or a dealership meddling with your cars modes.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
what is the kill mode?

Old 04-06-2007, 10:06 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
what is the kill mode?
It's for when you roll up on a Z06.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Extra layer of protection.

If someone were to try and streal the vehicle, the computer will be shut down. The car will never start.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by chrisn
It's for when you roll up on a Z06.
I like that one...

Old 04-06-2007, 10:09 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Now we just need a mode for NAWWWSSSSS!

Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
The pricing is a bit steep me thinks...

Old 04-07-2007, 04:35 AM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
thats sooo kooool

Old 04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
K-80 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
Don't forget the one I forgot too... the F, which i forgot to mention in the other post

F=GIAC PRIVACY/SECURITY FIREWALL $200 MSRP
Can you describe R=Race Mode.....how is it mapped? what were the changes from stock....won't this change depending on what mods your currently running....Great concept and I am interested.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:17 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
If You Already Have Stg 4 Tunning Can You Just Purchase The Race File And The Flashloader?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:20 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sorry The Above Question Is For A 996tt.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by K-80
Can you describe R=Race Mode.....how is it mapped? what were the changes from stock....won't this change depending on what mods your currently running....Great concept and I am interested.
K-80,

Race mode is additional timing and boost. Currently there are no mods on the market that will require custom programming. All bolt on mods will work.

We saw roughly 60 more wheel horsepower on our dyno when going to this program using VP 103.

***MINIMUM OF 100 OCTANE IS REQUIRED***

This is very critical due to the programs aggressive nature.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
K-80,

***MINIMUM OF 100 OCTANE IS REQUIRED***

This is very critical due to the programs aggressive nature.
So if I roll in to a track day with 1/4 tank of crappy Cal 91 Pump Gas, and top off with 100, would I be good to go (switch program)? Just wondering how **** you think we should be about this requirement.

Would the engines anti-knock features prevent catastrophic damage if the blended octane weren't up to snuff?

The usefulness of the Race program for most casual Track Day/ DE drivers will be greatly reduced if you need to be 100% sure fuel system is purged of pump gas before switching to Race mode.

-Chris

Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by chrisn
So if I roll in to a track day with 1/4 tank of crappy Cal 91 Pump Gas, and top off with 100, would I be good to go (switch program)? Just wondering how **** you think we should be about this requirement.

Would the engines anti-knock features prevent catastrophic damage if the blended octane weren't up to snuff?

The usefulness of the Race program for most casual Track Day/ DE drivers will be greatly reduced if you need to be 100% sure fuel system is purged of pump gas before switching to Race mode.

-Chris
That example would be ok.

Best bet is to just run it as low as you can, then fill up.