997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo is on the ship

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:08 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Talking

Originally Posted by avi8tir
My car is on this same ship. It goes straight from Brunswick to San Diego through the canal. Currently shows docking in SD on the 27th, but that can all change, of course.

anyone know how long after the boat docks until I will see it at the dealership in Long Beach? Sucks that memorial day is right in the middle of it!! funny that the same thing happened to me last year when I was waiting on my M3!! damn holidays!!
Could be at your dealership by the 29th unless it arrives earlier (mine arrived 5 days earlier and hit the Bay Area dealership 4 days after that). If weather holds expect docking in San Diego or (Port Hueneme) sooner than the 27th. Good Luck to all you guys, I almost feel guilty getting mine earlier than scheduled when you guys cars are waiting weeks to board a ship. It will all be over soon! FYI, today is the first day I let her loose (250 miles on the odometer) and wow!! Night and day difference going past the 4500 rpm break in limit! Thats it, my 500 mile proposed breakin went south. From here on out I'm driving her the way she was built to be driven. I don't know whats harder, waiting for the car to arrive, or keeping it under 4500 rpm? When you guys deceide when the breakin is over only then does the real fun begin (for some thats right off the dealerships lot)!! Soon I will do a comparison report to my 997S.

Last edited by gradyex; 05-14-2007 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Dealer said the car is due into the port of Baltimore on May 18th. If anyone knows the name, I'd appreciate it.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Sweet, I had heard the 20th, don't know the name either.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:13 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The name is the Braunschweig, left 5/9 ETA 5/22.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Braunschweig due in Baltimore 5/22 (left port 5/9)
Sirius Hwy due in Baltimore 5/25 (left port today)

Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Eric, is there a way I could track tha tub myself?
Tried the usual sites, no luck.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
There's not much to track until it docks. That boat is not using GPS signals for tracking, so the usual tracking data is not active. Sorry. I will keep you updated as the schedule updates weekly. In the meantime, VALIUM.

By the way, Lyra Leader landed in Brunswick GA yesterday.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 05-16-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:46 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Here is an update from a week ago - not very helpful as Eric said - I guess since it flies a Liberian flag and was built in the early 80s - doesn't have the modern doo-dahs ..

http://www.aisliverpool.co.uk/showsh...mmsi=636007284

Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Braunschweig due in Baltimore 5/22 (left port 5/9)
Sirius Hwy due in Baltimore 5/25 (left port today)
I'm afraid to see if I made the boat that left yesterday - I will wig out if I didn't.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
There is supposed to be a priority given to customer ordered cars, make sure your sales guy is on the ball from his end. He should be able to give you the desposition, ship name, eta. etc. GL

Old 05-16-2007, 09:34 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
This Just In!!!!

Just got an e-mail that says I am on the ship that left on the 12th (?) due to Baltimore on the 22nd!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Did they give you a ship name?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Did they give you a ship name?
No, but I will ask. Also PM'd the Dutchguy to confirm.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Braunschweig is due on 5/22, as posted earlier.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
My TT came off the ship on the 14th in Brunswick Ga.

Melbourne Dealer called the Porsche port manager and delayed the issuance of the Maroney (sp) sticker on my car until the 21st because I want to be there when the car comes in. I am out of town now.

The car has to be at the dealer within 72 after after the Maroney Sticker is issued,, which is done at the port (ownership goes from Porsche Germany to PCNA).

Car will be delivered by Wednesday May 23rd.

I have learned a whole lot abt the inner workings of Porsche thru this endeavor and its very interesting.

Hope this is the last car I have to order.. too much stress for me..

Don

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo is on the ship