997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo is on the ship

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Turbo is on the ship

A ship left today from the port in Germany and my car is on it.

The name of the ship is Lyra Leader.

According to Horst, the Porsche Manager at Melbourne Porsche, the ship will be arriving in Brunswick, Ga on May 17th.

I am not sure how many stops it makes before it gets here. Maybe Halifax he said and somewhere north of Maryland.

Just FYI incase anyone has a car waiting to be shipped.

You can always call the dealer and get up to the minute information.

Don

Old 05-05-2007, 09:42 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Hope mine is on that ship too. Anybody(Eric) know if this ship is hitting Baltimore and approx when?
TIA

Old 05-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Melbourne...FLORIDA.

Ship schedule has not yet updated from 2 days ago...but will be by Monday.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:26 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Hope mine is on that ship too. Anybody(Eric) know if this ship is hitting Baltimore and approx when?
TIA

If you call your P dealer they can find out in a minute on their computer.

Don

Melboune FL

Old 05-05-2007, 10:30 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Don-congrats....per our PMs....you'll love it!! How are the Koala bears treating you in FL?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks Justin..

I haven't been to our local MELBOURNE FL zoo lately but next time i visit, I ll let you know how our Koala Bears are doing!!! I think they survive the heat here...

Just think,, in 20 days I will finally get to drive a twin turbo!! I should have bought the 993 TT back at Tischer Porsche when I was shopping and bought the red coupe. There was one on the floor and I just had no clue until later on what I missed. Thats something i ve always regretted. It wasnt that much more money back then but I was amazed at the power of the 272 hp coupe, lol

if i only had known!!!

This is an exciting event in my life.

First a week in NYC and come home to pick up my new car.

Now let me go

Put a shrimp on the barbie mate

G ' day

Don

Old 05-05-2007, 10:52 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cabman4007
If you call your P dealer they can find out in a minute on their computer.

Don

Melboune FL
Updates from my dealer have been pretty useless, unless I go in person. Just feel like I'm being bull****ted over the phone. 6 speed is actually a much more accurate source of info.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:03 AM
At this stage of my life I only deal with businesses where the customers are king,, always right and respected.

I am surprised that a P customer spending over $120K wouldnt get the red carpet treatment as I do here at my dealership.

I would seriously call the owner and have a come to jesus meeting with him.

The owner in Melbourne, Fl (Porsche of Melbourne) is onsite and always comes over and chats with me when I am in the store. Shay is a great guy and doesn't push the fact that he is D'man. Its a Mercedes, Audi and Porsche Dealership doing very well with Shay at the helm.

I really think if you are a bit assertive with your dealership you will find out where you car is.
It has to be on the Lyra Leader leaving today esp since you car has been built and waiting. You will probably have yours before me.

Don from down under in FL

Old 05-05-2007, 11:29 AM
It's really Jeckel and Hyde, in person they kiss your ***, but when I call for an update I can almost feel their eyes rolling as they tell me 2 seconds later
'no changes'. Maybe it's just me and they're not used to somebody wanting to know this much info.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:11 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Updates from my dealer have been pretty useless, unless I go in person. Just feel like I'm being bull****ted over the phone. 6 speed is actually a much more accurate source of info.
Maybe you can call PCNA and give them your order reference number and get it from them?

Or, send it to me and I'll ask my guy - he's usually pretty quick about that kind of thing. It's always not what I want to hear but he gives me the updates.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
It won't be long. Hang in there all you waiters! Its worth it.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:00 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Kangaroo Don-if you have time while in NY you are welcome to take mine for a spin...I live about 20 miles out of NYC

Old 05-05-2007, 01:04 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
i wish my car is gonna be here the 17th.... i hope my car is on that ship tooo...... imma call the stealership and find out

Old 05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I called the Georgia Port Authority (my dealer will be pissed if they find out) and got the name and cell number of the Agent for Lyra Leader (carolina shipping),,, Mr Sam Price, Called Sam and found out the Lyra is coming straight to Brunswick, Ga from Germany, no stops.

Apparently he is the only one that knows this but his word is it. He checked for me and I believe him.

If all is well the ship will arrive on May 11th.

I leave for vacation on May 14th so I wont see it until I get back on the 22nd.

I ve planned NYC for a year, got show tickets ,,etc,, wouldnt cancel cause I am taking my entire family.

Justin, thanks for the offer.. If you PM me your cell, I ll give you a buzz and if time permits would love to see the TT!!!

Hope this helps anyone who has a southern delivery from Brunswick.

Don from Down Under in Melbourne

Old 05-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I wonder/hope it goes to Baltimore after GA....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo is on the ship