997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How can I add a camera mount to my Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
How can I add a camera mount to my Turbo?

Just finished killer track night yesterday & have more coming up. Anyone know what the options are to adding an in-car video camera?

Old 05-17-2007, 10:16 PM
stealth is infamous around these parts
1. Add a techequipment rollbar and buy camera mount that attaches to it.
2. Buy small camera and suction mount and attach it to the passenger side window. (Might be a temporary option)

Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Is that a full rollbar or just a stiffening brace?

Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
Or, how bout a stickypod, and get some footage from OUTSIDE the car? will they allow that at the track? Probably not. Lame. Nevermind.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Anyone use this? Looks cool, I assume it plugs into your regular video camera.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...oducts_id/4568

Old 05-18-2007, 12:46 AM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
the vivid racing camera sounds promisiing

Old 05-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Luis is infamous around these parts
Manfrotto makes an special tripod to be mounted inside and outside the cars, they make the best tripods for the pros.
I don't have the link but it's easy to find it on the web.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I use a suction window mount, works pretty good.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I use a suction window mount, works pretty good.
Which one? Where did you buy it?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:31 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
"The Cleat" by Wood's Power-grip, available at vacuummounts.com

Old 03-29-2008, 07:39 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Thanks, considering the MNT-S31 at CHASECAM.COM

Old 03-29-2008, 09:41 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I have tried them all. This is by far the easiest and the strongest suction.
http://www.filmtools.com/filmtools-i...era-mount.html

Old 03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
The have now for almost the same price the http://www.filmtools.com/gripsuccupca.html which they show stuck on the outside of the car!!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
ShimShimHada is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by contigo
Thanks, considering the MNT-S31 at CHASECAM.COM
I use the exact same mount. However, I would purchase a separate bullet cam to plug into your camcorder (used as a recorder). Have the recorder in your glovebox or some place secure, while the light bullet cam is all that's is being supported by the mount.

If you have a sunroof, you can mount it upside down to get a really nice angle: [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1Akl-sMQ9I[/media]

You can also, create an aluminum support bar that zipties to your seats (I even tried this on my fixed buckets) and mount the bullet cam on that using a part of the chasecam mount as a swivel/adjust.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks bought the http://www.filmtools.com/gripsuccupca.html !!! looks very strong...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How can I add a camera mount to my Turbo?