997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ship Schedule update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Ship Schedule update

Lyra Leader due San Diego 5/27
Braunschweig due Baltimore 5/22
Sirius Hwy due Baltimore 5/25
Sirius Hwy due Brunswick 5/27
Orion Hwy (On Vessel 5/16) due Houston 5/31
Sagittarius Leader (On Vessel 5/16) due San Diego 6/10

All times/dates are estimates, schedule was updated today for those with lame sales people.

Also note Sirius Hwy docking in Baltimore on 5/25 will be a frantic unloading process to get so many cars off and be in Brunswick on 5/27.

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 05-19-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future

What can I say.....I was bored. Could not find a pic of the Braunschweig.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
Sirius Highway was my ship! It must be a rust bucket because I had to spen 2 hours claying my car after delivery! Thanks for the update Eric.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:44 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Texas911
Sirius Highway was my ship! It must be a rust bucket because I had to spen 2 hours claying my car after delivery! Thanks for the update Eric.
LMAO! I'm on that boat - and I also get to look forward to a "frantic" unloading as Erik puts it. I don't even want to know

Old 05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Lyra Leader due San Diego 5/27
Braunschweig due Baltimore 5/22
Sirius Hwy due Baltimore 5/25
Sirius Hwy due Brunswick 5/27
Orion Hwy (On Vessel 5/16) due Houston 5/31
Sagittarius Leader (On Vessel 5/16) due San Diego 6/10

All times/dates are estimates, schedule was updated today for those with lame sales people.

Also note Sirius Hwy docking in Baltimore on 5/25 will be a frantic unloading process to get so many cars off and be in Brunswick on 5/27.
Should I be concerned about this "frantic" unloading process? LOL. doesn't sound good!

Old 05-19-2007, 07:21 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
sorry it was soo large ;(

Old 05-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I'll bet it's not much fun being on one of these things in rough seas

Old 05-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
SLATETT,

Re-sized it for you.

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:16 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Dont worry guys! Our cars are delivered to the dealerships completely wrapped from head to toe (wheel is a better term). If you got your car messed up more than likely it happened after it arrived from the transport truck. YUP, people sometimes use improper tools to remove the paper from the car. Advise: make sure no employee carries with him/her anything sharp or anything that can scratch the car (trust me its happened more than once) and godforbid DO NOT LET THEM DETAIL THE CAR! Just have them wash it and deliver it clean. After your initial exitement wears off start planning on applying some sort of paint protection. If your car is more than a month old (took that long to board a ship) you can clay it but it really should not be necessary. Wash it properly and apply your favorite WAX/Polish/sealant/Glaze, etc. Do it yourself and check every square inch inside and out in case you have to report something to the dealer (the sooner the better). I found the interior of the car of very high quality fit and finish. The exterior is another story, Porsche translated in latin means "orangepeel". Ha Ha. I found the exterior very good but not perfect. If you havent installed a clearbra do it now or forever hold your peace. Wait a week = pit marks because the latest acrylic paint auto manufacturers use today is soft. Remember not to use any products containing yellow dyes on the clear bra or it will yellow quickly. Bring a buddy when picking up your car so they can inspect it close up (you will be too excited and just want to drive the thing off the lot). Just a few tips I thought i should mention. Soon it will become a reality guys!

Last edited by gradyex; 05-20-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
My car didn't come completely wrapped, it had some plastic tape but it didn't cover the whole car. Where it did not cover the car, was where I found a lot of rust particles on my paint. But on parts that was covered, like the whole hood, it was butter smooth. I also don't let the dealer wash my car at delivery. I just take it right after PDI, its a way to bond with my car. Plus I can do a better job with it than the guys in the back can. I clayed and Zaino'd it after a week from delivery.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Mine's on the Braunschweig....docks on the 22nd...

Old 05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
xeron is infamous around these parts
I'm on the Sagittarius Leader !

Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
xeron is infamous around these parts
how do you monitor the ships location?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
eaglejackson is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by xeron
I'm on the Sagittarius Leader !
Me too

Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
when i did European delivery on my bmw, i was able to track my car arriving at the dealer down to an hour (had to call wagoneer trucking for driver location a few times).

there is some hardcore car tracking info on european delivery forum on bimmerfest. this thread is a good start:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96824

once your boat arrives, it usually takes a few days for VPC to process your car (depending on how busy they are and what the priority of your car is)... your dealer should be able to tell you when the car is scheduled to leave VPC. at least that is how it was with a BMW dealer, i'd assume porsche is the same way. the last piece of the puzzle is to find out which trucking company porsche uses to deliver to your dealer. once you do that, you can call them the day of expected delivery and get an ETA of the truck arrival at the dealership. ask to talk to dispatch and have your VIN number ready.

my conversation with my BMW guy went something like that:

him: "you again. what are you doing here?"
me: "uh nothing much... waiting for my car to arrive any minute now"
him: "there is no way to tell when or if even today will it get here"
me: "ok will see"

should have seen the look on his face when the car carrier pulled up