997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD 997TT Stage 3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 PM
huhu is infamous around these parts
Great job!!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997ttguru
He can have all the respect. He did not respect me before, that's my point. When I first told my FVD Stage 3 kit will be just as fast as, if not faster than AWE 700 kit, the response I got was not somebody's who wants to see and learn. Or experience in other words. Only arrogance. And I did go with their way. You can not see anything else about me like that but wants to share the experiences and opinions. I like this forum and I'm not willing to change that opinion for someone else.

And I'm sorry but buying a car, handing it to Protomotive, Switzer (whichever that is), taking back & winning some races and posting times is not experience. It's just spending a lot to win some races and post on youtube.

You gotta know the cars you drive in every point. I did what I said before even purchasing my Stage 3 kit.
That's it, Guru. I've had enough.

I've sat back, bit my tongue and let you incessantly bad mouth me for the past 9 days. I asked you to submit your results to a non-biased 3rd party (Achichelli) so that they could be verified just like everyone else’s time are, yet you would rather attack my character and insult my integrity.

-I continued to bite my tongue and stay out of the thread. You kept on.
-I received PM’s from numerous members about your attitude and mouth. I ignored them.
-Another member reported you to all of the moderators all on his own. I bit my tongue again and said nothing to attempt to remain as unbiased as I possibly could.
-You corresponded with another moderator about your posts and your attitude towards me…. and yet here you are again doing exact the same thing you were already publicly and privately warned about!

Since it's clear that you have some serious comprehension issues, here’s what’s going to happen: I'm going to temp-ban you for 2 weeks.

While you’re away, think about how you could have posted in a more respectful manner on this forum without pissing so many people off, and how your blatantly insecure attitude seems to consistently create problems with other members of the forum.

If, after 2-weeks, you come back and start being respectful and polite, I guarantee you will receive the same in return. Especially from me, as I place politeness near the top of my list when it comes to character traits. But, if you come back with the same crappy attitude and chip on your shoulder that you have now, you will be gone again….but for a much longer time.

Blame this all on yourself. I was perfectly content to verify your results and otherwise leave you alone, but you simply couldn’t let it go. See you in 2 weeks.<O</O

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-17-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Oh Scott ,we could of visited Turkey,oh well I guess I will have to be satisfied with Arkansas.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Cooler will help you to keep the power at WOT runs...When we tested my SPI 750 kit ...run after run, dyno after dyno...it kept producing same number and run as strong...at 90F+ the cooler were only slightly warmer them room temperature...this proves that system is very efficiant and works very well...

Originally Posted by Jean
997TTguru, IMO you don't have more than 610HP, forget about the coolers and adding HP like potatoes or something . Your DME is tuned for this specific package, this is where it will keep you. The larger (I did not say more efficient) ICs will help you out in a 0-300kph run "maybe" or if you were running high boost and heat soaking, which is not the case with the FVD kit at this boost level and this type of short stint on a 997TT.

Cargraphic (RS Tuning) quotes 590bhp for the same kit as yours, FVD is a bit optimistic in their ratings usually when compared to them. Just extract on excel your run with long Gs and speed and send it to me if you want, I will let you know exactly what torque and HP you have. Also send the file to the SMEs here to have your name on the list, just because it helps as future reference.

Hope your weather gets better soon for a 300kph run!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Cooler will help you to keep the power at WOT runs...When we tested my SPI 750 kit ...run after run, dyno after dyno...it kept producing same number and run as strong...at 90F+ the cooler were only slightly warmer them room temperature...this proves that system is very efficiant and works very well...
GTRUS

I realize the benefits of the ICs. My point is during a 60-130mph, unless your engine is running very high IATs as a result of very high boost and stretched AFRs and timing (more likely under fixed boost control setups), you will not benefit from any change in IC.

On a FVD kit like the one 997TT guru is running, boost and their tuning is rather moderate and ECU controlled (boost), so he is not getting any additional HP by going with his big coolers. On a longer run like a 60-190mph, you would benefit, but keeping your HP for a longer time but you will not see any increase of HP.

On the dyno it is a totally different ballgame and you will see more impact from changing ICs, simply because you do not have anywhere close the airflow of a strip, so it will heat soak faster than a 60-130 run on the street for instance, and you will see a (rather false) IC benefit.

This has all been tested and proven under real life conditions with sensors that measure IAT temps, datalogger, etc.. up to 300 kph. The Ic on my 993TT is very cold even when it is 120F out there until 30 seconds after I park and idle.

Net net if he has a 610bhp kit, with larger intercoolers he will still have that, 610bhp.

Last edited by Jean; 01-17-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
nice Porsche 997 Turbo review with 0-180 mph test

nice Porsche 997 Turbo review with 0-180 mph test

[media]http://www.jzmachtech.com/images/news/0000284_P_World_March_09.pdf[/media]

Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting that link, very interesting results. 2 cars in particular were of interest to me and were supposedly (internals claimed to be stock) tuned in almost the exact same fashion....the DMS Automotive (European Tuner) car vs. EVOMS (American Tuner) car.

The DMS car claimed 605 bhp /620 lb ft versus the evoms car which claimed 727bhp /753 lb ft, yet the results were very similar in 3 of the 4 results that counted. To bad there was a data error on the DMS car for 2 results...

Would it be a fair statement to say, in this instance, that a "Euro" 600 kit was very similar to "US" 700 in 3 of the 4 results published. I think so. But that´s just my 2 cents...

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Thanks for posting that link, very interesting results. 2 cars in particular were of interest to me and were supposedly (internals claimed to be stock) tuned in almost the exact same fashion....the DMS Automotive (European Tuner) car vs. EVOMS (American Tuner) car.

The DMS car claimed 605 bhp /620 lb ft versus the evoms car which claimed 727bhp /753 lb ft, yet the results were very similar in 3 of the 4 results that counted. To bad there was a data error on the DMS car for 2 results...

Would it be a fair statement to say, in this instance, that a "Euro" 600 kit was very similar to "US" 700 in 3 of the 4 results published. I think so. But that´s just my 2 cents...
Oh no, US 700 car should "destroy" the Euro 600 car. Who are we to judge this? Good review Rhonda. But be careful, your post could be deleted in any minute

Last edited by 997ttguru; 03-08-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jk62
rhonda siest dei können uns nicht leiden wir auch immer so bleiben
Jk62,

Ja, das ist richtig! Denn die wahrheit wahrt bekanntilich am langsten...

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
So after all this, were ttguru's data ever sent and verified?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
I've asked for that but neither scott nor achicelli returned me with their emails.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
tt Guru --this is dreamland .
If you are happy with you car that's great enjoy it.

It's very easy to claim victory but a lot harder to prove .

Old 03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Rhonda FVD writes
Name the results as well as who scored it.
Name the exact tests and conditions right down to the tires on the car too.
Also specify the weight and conditions .

I sure hope you aren't testing who can park the car fastest .

Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by yrralis1
tt Guru --this is dreamland .
If you are happy with you car that's great enjoy it.

It's very easy to claim victory but a lot harder to prove .
I'm done with proving.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997ttguru
I'm done with proving.
The only thing you have proven is your arrogance. You attack many well respected members and even moderators in your quest to prove that your FVD system is somehow better than the US tuners.

If you are happy with your FVD setup, then good for you. Keep enjoying your car. For the rest of us, maybe we like our EVOMS, AWE, PROTO, and Switzer cars. Trying to prove that one tuner is better than another is the dumbest argument I have seen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 997TT Stage 3