997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD 997TT Stage 3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:25 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1

Name the results as well as who scored it.
Name the exact tests and conditions right down to the tires on the car too.
Also specify the weight and conditions .

I sure hope you aren't testing who can park the car fastest .
yrralis1,

Maybe you missed the link from RS38 just above my post. Here it is again...

http://www.jzmachtech.com/images/new...d_March_09.pdf

You can find the answers to all of your questions in the article.

911 and Porsche World scored it in the April 2009 article "power struggle" with use of Race Logic Software...

With regards to your comment about parking...is that really necessary?

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-10-2009, 04:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997ttguru
I've asked for that but neither scott nor achicelli returned me with their emails.
Scott and Achicelli,

Would it be possible to have 997ttguru´s results verified?

This seems like a very simple solution to finally put this subject to rest.

Is their something more that you need from him to verify his results?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-10-2009, 04:22 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Jornalistic bias only tests human gullibility

We've seen it with GTR -- all the claims of how mighty and fast it is . Then it was launched and transmissions became paper weights and the car didn't win as well as the jornalists claimed . It discredited the car as well as the journalists .

That's the problem with an extraordinary claim . It has to be true because when there's even one counterxample then its validity loses credibility.

So you guys go out and test one car . No mention is made about wheel size, suspension, or even the version of the software or the car's weight . And more assertions are made on a premise of that one car per tuner.

The difference between that article and me ( just a guy with a car) is that I make no victory claim at all. But I question how one article showing one test with a one car sample is enough to discredit the vast number of cars made by each of those other tuners.

I feel tt guru ought to enjoy his car .
The self imposed high status can be read by anyone .

Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
The only thing you have proven is your arrogance. You attack many well respected members and even moderators in your quest to prove that your FVD system is somehow better than the US tuners.

If you are happy with your FVD setup, then good for you. Keep enjoying your car. For the rest of us, maybe we like our EVOMS, AWE, PROTO, and Switzer cars. Trying to prove that one tuner is better than another is the dumbest argument I have seen.
That's what you think and it's clear you do not understand the point of the discussion. I would suggest you to read the thread from the beginning, but it wouldn't be possible for you to get because there are a lot of posts that got deleted. Guess why?

Have a good day..

Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Scott and Achicelli,

Would it be possible to have 997ttguru´s results verified?

This seems like a very simple solution to finally put this subject to rest.

Is their something more that you need from him to verify his results?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Rhonda
It's ok Rhonda, I don't care if they believe me or not. I would send my files to you if you are willing to see, if there's anyone you know that can take a look at it. The rest is unimportant.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by yrralis1
We've seen it with GTR -- all the claims of how mighty and fast it is . Then it was launched and transmissions became paper weights and the car didn't win as well as the jornalists claimed . It discredited the car as well as the journalists .

That's the problem with an extraordinary claim . It has to be true because when there's even one counterxample then its validity loses credibility.

So you guys go out and test one car . No mention is made about wheel size, suspension, or even the version of the software or the car's weight . And more assertions are made on a premise of that one car per tuner.

The difference between that article and me ( just a guy with a car) is that I make no victory claim at all. But I question how one article showing one test with a one car sample is enough to discredit the vast number of cars made by each of those other tuners.

I feel tt guru ought to enjoy his car .
The self imposed high status can be read by anyone .
yyralis,

With all due respect, I am not sure who you are reffering to when you state "you guys". Are you reffering to 911 and Porsche World?

In reference to your statement "But I question how one article showing one test with a one car sample is enough to discredit the vast number of cars made by each of those other tuners." I see no evidence of discrediting anyone?? Can you clarify who is being discredited and by whom?

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Well...

None one pointed out the most important part is the horsepower claim.I don't think US tuners over claimed their horsepower,they awesome.

I think the best way to sort this out fair is put a FVD610 car and EVT or AWE whatever 700hp claimed car on 1 same dyno and do a AWHP & AWTQ competition.If they produce similer AWHP & AWTQ then the 997ttguru's time definitely make sence.

By that competition,you can get FVD GERMANY to claim what AWHP & AWTQ they dynoed out in their dyno system?As I believe there might be a big different between the US tuner's dyno system and German tuner's system.Also different AWD trans power lost from crank-wheel ratio standard between US tuners and German tuners.So their final claims are different.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Rhonda,

We all here in Texas get a laugh out of the HP claims from some of the US tuners.

That is why we have the 60-130 process here. I am sure that if Guru turns in a file it will be posted up.

However I am certain he will be very dissapointed when he finds out how his car actually stacks up. If his 6.7 is verified he is still about 5 lengths behind my car.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-10-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Clarrification

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
yyralis,

With all due respect, I am not sure who you are reffering to when you state "you guys". Are you reffering to 911 and Porsche World?

In reference to your statement "But I question how one article showing one test with a one car sample is enough to discredit the vast number of cars made by each of those other tuners." I see no evidence of discrediting anyone?? Can you clarify who is being discredited and by whom?

Thanks,
Rhonda
1) By "you guys" I mean whoever devised the test . It's no secret that auto journalists are driven by profit and biased arguments are commonly seen. I don't read Porsche World and BTW I would apply the same skepticism if they had praised another tuner based on a one car per tuner test.

2) The "discredit" is subtle enough that it's easily deniable. It's a put down by comparison . By saying how great the favored car is they are leaving the comparison up to the reader. Without even saying a word the implication is that the other cars are not as good. It's actually a narcissistitic strategy of self edification .

ii guru was not as subtle .

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-10-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Nice article there...this just proves that some US car run much faster the European ones...Look at the figure at the end of the thread...

Fastest 0-100 mph in 6.8 of 9FF car with 740 HP and that cost over 50k pounds...and my old car which was bought by Aaron and tested him self with SPI 750 kit runned 5.9 0-100 0.9 is huge diff 0-100...

Old 03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Rhonda,

We all here in Texas get a laugh out of the HP claims from some of the US tuners.

That is why we have the 60-130 process here. I am sure that if Guru turns in a file it will be posted up.

However I am certain he will be very dissapointed when he finds out how his car actually stacks up. If his 6.7 is verified he is still about 5 lengths behind my car.
If I would want to be faster than you, I'd buy a Supra and you would be 10 lengths behind my car. Or imagine what I would do with 300k euro? (that's what I paid for my car here in my country)

You and your pals are being ridiculous when you lost an argument.

Last edited by 997ttguru; 03-10-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Nice article there...this just proves that some US car run much faster the European ones...Look at the figure at the end of the thread...

Fastest 0-100 mph in 6.8 of 9FF car with 740 HP and that cost over 50k pounds...and my old car which was bought by Aaron and tested him self with SPI 750 kit runned 5.9 0-100 0.9 is huge diff 0-100...
My 0-100 mph is around 6.1 seconds with the current setup

Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997ttguru
It's ok Rhonda, I don't care if they believe me or not. I would send my files to you if you are willing to see, if there's anyone you know that can take a look at it. The rest is unimportant.
That's the problem--you've lost all credibility. If you sent the data files, there would be serious doubt about its validity. The claims are pretty outrageous as if US tuners don't know what they are doing and Euros can magically get 700-like hp with mainly an ECU tweak--yeah we all believe.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TTdude
That's the problem--you've lost all credibility. If you sent the data files, there would be serious doubt about its validity. The claims are pretty outrageous as if US tuners don't know what they are doing and Euros can magically get 700-like hp with mainly an ECU tweak--yeah we all believe.
as I said ; I do not give a damn. Whoever wants to fool himself can feel free to do it by ignoring the facts

Old 03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
You are too funny. If you don't give a damn, why are you still on here defending yourself?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 997TT Stage 3