997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Through a Storm of Sheetrock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 PM
sammyh is infamous around these parts
Through a Storm of Sheetrock

I'm cruising along, and seemly out of nowhere, there's a storm of sheetrock debris blowing in my lane. I couldn't see it coming because of the car in front of me, and I did my best to dodge the big pieces, some roughly
2' x 2'. It was pretty bad, but I was hoping that since I didn't collide with
anythin too big, I might escape body damage.

When I inspected the car, I noticed three small, maybe 1/2 cm long, scratches on the hood, that had penetrated the color coat all the way to the sheet metal below. Two are located near the front of the hood, and the third is in the middle. Amazingly, no damage on the front bumper.

The car has only 1500 miles. I'm sure most civilians wouldn't even notice, but of course, I do. I'm not going to obsess about it because sh_t happens, but I was wondering whether any of you have had any success with a detailer touching up your paintwork for these kind of minor, but annoying, scratches.

Sam

Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
That sucks, sorry to hear about it.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Take it to a high end detailer, or try something like Langka.com

Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
yes, they have a technique of filling in the scrathches and buffing it out, looks perfect when done. Better than rspraying the whole hood.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
skiboard06 is infamous around these parts
Wish you were closer to NY. I have a personal friend who owns www.DetailedImage.com. The man can do wonders to restore paint/touch up scratches. Hope you find someone to fix your scratches, I know how annoying that can be.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Sammyh,

Sorry to hear that.

My TA mods are at Bodystyle in San Jose. Cecil Beach is the owner and I was refered here by "synergy" who is usally in the 997 posts. Met Cecil last week and feel very confident with him. One of the nice things is when I toured his paint shop there was no less than "14" P-cars there.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 AM
sammyh is infamous around these parts
I'll call him since I work near San Jose. Thanks for the lead!

Sam