997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Talking Finally

Turbo brothers - I finally joined the ranks ... pics coming in a few days

I started my sports car career with a '97 M3, moved to a '99 540i sport, then a '02 M3 SMG, then '03 M5 (my fav of all BMWs) .. got a huge house in the country needed to switch to a '04 X5 4.8is (awesome) .. went to Vegas fell in love with a 996 turbo that was sitting above slots @ Cesar's. Went to Paris last March .. bullet train to Geneva to see the debut of the 997 Turbo .. the rest is history. My daily driver is '06 Audi A4 Avant tip and my fun car is the Slate Turbo.

Drove it home from NYC last Th - it was overwhelming for me between different controls than any other cars that I'm used too and NYC/NJ traffic - I managed to time it at rush hour ;( .. I kept under 5k rpm and did nothing crazy for journey home, I was amazed that I got 21 mph.

Friday I stayed up with a pro installer I know and we installed Sirius from Suncoast, we integrated a Parrot 3000 Evolution bluetooth with PSM, Kuda phone cradle and ProClip for Blackberry 8800 and hardwired Valentine - none of the posted install instructions were accurate and took us 6 hours to do these upgrades -- but all is good.

Also for those of you interested - removed rear passenger cushion back and installed a seat for my 15 month boy. Picked up the Mamas and Papas Protec car seat in London last month - works awesome and significantly less money than Porsche .. the boy giggled the entire ride to school - I suspect from the vibs from engine.

Unfortunately - flew away for Memorial day and stuck driving a Corolla rental car. I know a bunch of us took deliveries last week ... lets see the pics and I'll post some next week.

Next upgrade .. I love the grey Techart Formula II

Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Let me be the first to say; Congratulations!!

Coming from a future TT-owner

Old 05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Congrats!! My slate TT is just a few days away. funny, you bought your car in NY and don't live here. I live in NY and bought out of state LOL

Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Congradulations on your new purchase, looks like you are enjoying your Turbo alot and Slate Grey looks terrific and very elegant. From the Impressions of the new owners of a 997turbo it makes me want to be a potential owner later on in life.

Cant wait to see pictures.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:10 PM
crd
crd is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new car. I like your taste in colors. Now, if we can just get a simple way to lower the ride height about an inch, we will have one of the finest looking cars around.

Enjoy your new toy in good health. Anticipate your pics.

Ken

Old 05-28-2007, 12:14 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Welcome to this great 997 TT club!!

Don

Old 05-28-2007, 02:53 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Congrats, welcome, which dealer did you get it from?

Old 05-28-2007, 03:13 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Congrats to you and enjoy.. Post-em when you get-em..

Old 05-28-2007, 03:29 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
You just bought one of the best overall cars in the world.Congrats!!!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM
andrewket is infamous around these parts
I'd really like to see pictures of the car seat that you installed in the back. How did you anchor it?

Andrew

Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 AM
The Mamas & Papas Protex car seat anchors on the seat belt on 3 points (pretty cool). Pics were taken before seat back was removed. I'll update the pic when I get a chance.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
ConceptualMind is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new car.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
CONGRATS!!! Slate was one my first color choices, but I ended up with GT silver instead.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally