997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Techart Exhaust on - Now Check Engine Light??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Techart Exhaust on - Now Check Engine Light??

I cant blame the exhaust yet, but after only 400 total miles, my check engine light is on. The exhaust went on @ 200 miles - Check engine light came on @ 300 - and put another 100 on it today driving home (with no issues). From my experiences, check engine lights are usually emissions related.

any thoughts??

Old 06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Did you reset your ecu ?

Remove one of the battery leads for a half hour that should reset the ecu...

Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Luis is infamous around these parts
Try to read the DME to know what is this code related, that way you can be sure if this is related to the exhaust, we had some of this in the past and some were related with cats, but some others no.
We had a customers 997TT in Mexico with a failure in one of the coil packs with just 700 miles on it.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
100cell cats?

Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
a side note to this.... within miles of the light coming on, I had to stop for gas (really low). it took me about 10 tries to get the tank to take any gas. I would insert the nozzle, and the pump would "click" off (as if the tank was full). over and over again. then I inserted the nozzle very slightly, and there was a rush of pressure that came out. after that, it was fine. weird.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Def emissions related, either gas cap issues or more likely the exhaust. They can clear your ecu, if the cel returns it's the cans.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:20 AM
stealth is infamous around these parts
Did you close the gas cap correctly?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:01 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
who did the install? Make sure they got the 02 sensors the right way around but it could also be the cats. One thing that you can do is add some spacers between the 02s and the bungs themselves.. should help. Tubi does this.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM
CEC did the install - so I can only assume it was done correctly considering they are the importer for techart.

The more I think about it, the more I am thinking its the gas cap issue. I was literally on my way to the station from my house when the warning light came on. then the tank wouldnt take any gas and then the pressure release. I was out at my house in palm springs so the car did sit out in 100 deg + temps all weekend - that might explain the pressure build up. The car did not act weird at all on the 100 mile drive back to orange county.

I'll reset the ECU tonight and see if the light comes back on.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Which error codes did you find?! My car with cargraphic exhaust has P2188 and P2180 which are too rich in iddle on left and right.. or something like that... My car though did that when it had 12000km I delete it all the time and after 3 days it comes back again...

Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aisxos
Which error codes did you find?! My car with cargraphic exhaust has P2188 and P2180 which are too rich in iddle on left and right.. or something like that... My car though did that when it had 12000km I delete it all the time and after 3 days it comes back again...
What cats are you running - 100 cell? Surely there must be a way to correct this other than just resetting.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 AM
how do I check the error codes?

Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Sounds like a gas cap issue. take it to the dealer so they can check the code and reset.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
What cats are you running - 100 cell? Surely there must be a way to correct this other than just resetting.
Cargraphic uses 200 cel cats... Any ideas !?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:33 PM
cant I just unhook the battery for an hour to reset the ECU?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Techart Exhaust on - Now Check Engine Light??