997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1st Round of Easy mods completed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Red face 1st Round of Easy mods completed

Alighty -easy mods are completed - last one yesterday with the tinted windows.

To date - Parrot Bluetooth, V1 hard wire and Sirius.

Seems I already have to replace the front spoiler as I nailed it once on very angled driveway and again on a curb. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

Only 600 miles so far. Best ride I've owned to date.

Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 AM
335_II is infamous around these parts
same color as mine...i was debating tinting the windows but its a must now...looks great

Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLATETT
Alighty -easy mods are completed - last one yesterday with the tinted windows.

To date - Parrot Bluetooth, V1 hard wire and Sirius.

Seems I already have to replace the front spoiler as I nailed it once on very angled driveway and again on a curb. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

Only 600 miles so far. Best ride I've owned to date.
Looks good... Where did you get your Sirius done?

Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Yes, where did you get your sirius done? Clear sidemarkers are in order.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
tint can make a huge difference

Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
congrats. how do you like the bluetooth and where did you install the small module?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Sirius and BT

I purchased the Sirius module for Suncoast and a former - pro/installer and I installed it ourself - took about 3 hours using instructions from Renntech.

For Bluetooth used a Parrot CK3000 Evoluation. Works great. The kit came with the right connectors for the back fof the PCM. We installed the microphone near homelink. All-in-all, I'm happy with the install. When the phone rings, the PCM mutes and says phone activated. I have similar kits in my Audi A4 Avant and Honda family truckster. We instaled this ourselves same time as Sirius and V1 hard wire.

Attached Images   
Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Couple things to mention about BT - phone number does not come up on PCM, no worries I have a nice solution with a Kuda base and Proclip holder. The number comes up large on my Blackberry 8800 - no issues, unless the sunroof is open and people are unable to hear (just close the roof)

Old 06-11-2007, 02:41 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SLATETT
The kit came with the right connectors for the back fof the PCM.
So was it plug and play or did you have to manually insert the mute cable?

Old 06-11-2007, 04:11 PM
What I meant by plug/play - you did have to manually move which pin mute was enabled - but that was quiet easy and again I found a few DIYs on the dah net.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Could you point me in the direction of the DIYs? I am contemplating an install and what to know what I am up against.

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Old 06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Parrot site 1 - http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=246222
Parrot site 2 - Parrot.biz forums - this will give you the pin out of whatever parrot you purchase

Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the links! Looks like I might be tackling the project soon.