997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bummed Out!!!!! Radar Jammer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Use whatever means necessary to beat the speed detectors. Just because some deadbeat cop needs to fill his or her quota that shouldn’t effect me. I am a good citizen, I pay my taxes and have given my dues. Who decided that I should be constantly harassed and ticked for something as simple as speeding? I am not endangering others or myself. I have had many bad experiences with law enforcers from a young age. When there’s a car accident or act of violence, I’m more then happy to see them, because that is their job. When they are sitting on the side of the road jacking off with their radar detector, that puts me over the edge. Germany and Europe have proper roads and highways. Why not penalize those dangerous drivers, like those who are distracted, following too close, passing in the right/ sitting in the left, or just have very bad accident records or drug/alcohol offences. It should be harder to get a license in the states, getting rid of the other guy on the road. I know the law if I get pulled over and get told I don’t have a front plate, or we need to search the car.

Awhile ago I was very prone to speeding tickets, I like to go fast and have red cars, very bad combo. The way I stopped them is very simple. I don’t speed in some instances, I use electronics when I want to go anywhere under double the limit, and if its anything above double the limit there’s no choice other then to run. I haven’t got any thickets since. I just don’t see how people who have gotten busted for dui get treated better then me when I’m going 10 over.
<O
Oliver I totally feel the pain, best of luck with the tickets hope you get out of them and stay out of ones in the future. BTW most lawyers get you off tickets by looking up radar gun certifications and calibration certifications for the ticketing officer (open to the public to check). You could use this in your defense that you were going proper speed in both instances and the officers were wrong. Many times they are not technically certified to use the gun they got you with.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 AM
CTTMCT is infamous around these parts
do jammers work on photo radars?

I am faced with the situation where there are photo radars at every mile. will a radar jammer work there? these are gatso cameras. Members from the UK will be very familiar with this brand.

there isnt much of a risk of being caught in this case as the cops just come to download the pictures every now and then.

would be glad if anyone on the board has other ideas on beating photo radars except for those bogus sprays and licence plate covers

Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Simba
It would kind of depend on the car, and how much interior and nose space were available for hiding things. It would also depend on where I drove, and what kind of speed enforcement was in use.

Definitely a V1 stashed behind the rear view, with a remote display tucked away somewhere within the driver's line of sight, with a kill switch. I like stuffing them into the instrument cluster somehow whenever possible.

If laser were a big deal, I might fab up some "fog lights" with a Blinder jammer system, as laser jamming is illegal in Cali as far as I know. You would need to be exceedingly crafty in your use of it for it not to get picked up on.

As most areas in Cali tend to be high-ticket-revenue places, I'd assume just about everyone would be on a digital radio system of some sort, and probably keep a BCD396T stuffed away somewhere.

If I spent a lot of time on the highway, especially at night, I'd also consider a small CB radio. Trucker bear reports are invaluable.
Simba,

I drive the city, the rurual county roads, So Cal, Cen Cal, Nor Cal, coast ect. Stealth setup is always a +.

I'm looking into changing my setup and what you have described helps out. Stealth setup is always a + as you mention.

Thanks again,

N2it

Old 06-19-2007, 08:42 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Most radar jammers just tell you when to reach for your wallet!! They are "illegal" but so is speeding. Jammers do not affect your insurance. Have fun go fast. I have tried everything V1 is the best but not a license to speed.
Agreed as well.