997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bummed Out!!!!! Radar Jammer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Oliver is infamous around these parts
Bummed Out!!!!! Radar Jammer?

I have been driving ticket-free for 15 years!!! Maybe I am getting too relaxed, but just got two speeding tickets with radar within 3 hours of one another. I have been driving with the V1 dectector for alot of these years(awesome), but got hit in the desert at night with radar the last minute oncoming. Does anybody have any suggestions which portable(NON HARD WIRED)radar jammer unit is the most helpful for this situation.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:38 AM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Radar jammers are illegal everywhere, laser depends on the state. Are you sure it was radar and not laser it got you? V1 is one of the best I'm shocked.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
The only way you can jam radar is with an active jammer, and using one makes the FCC extremely unhappy. Several thousand dollar fine unhappy.

I don't even know if anyone still makes an active jammer these days. There were a few on the market years back. These days you're stuck with a V1 and laser jammer.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
I have a raddar jammer called LPP laser pro park. It is the best.. I also have the V1 but in combination with the jammer because if it is a laser gun you dont have time to slow down...

Old 06-18-2007, 12:29 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aisxos
I have a raddar jammer called LPP laser pro park. It is the best.. I also have the V1 but in combination with the jammer because if it is a laser gun you dont have time to slow down...
The LLP is a laser jammer not a radar jammer. Radar jammers are illegal in the U.S. They also require more electrical power than a car can generate. The only defense against "instant on" radars is to get a "rabbit" to run ahead of you to light up the radar guns in your vicinity.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Scorpion "Ultimate" Ka jammer. Like others have said there are some laws against them. But then again I don’t think its fair that LEO’s can give us tickes all day, speed discrimination. Its not really portable, no one produces one like that. It does feature a snooze button you can press after you get your speed down that disables the jammer so they don’t think something is up.

Heres the link to the review. http://www.radarbusters.com/activeradarjamtestsarticle.cfm
<O
Distance plays a key factor in how the jammer works.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
They also require more electrical power than a car can generate.
Hardly. If a cop gun is generating X radar energy from a battery pack or 12V source, you can jam it quite readily with the same amount of power, the only metric of significance being the size of the antennas in question.

Active jammers work just fine, even in very small packages, they're just exceedingly illegal. As well, any cop listening to the radar output of his gun is going to get wise that he's being jammed right quick, and likely charge you with obstruction of justice in addition to the FCC crap, so it's generally not something you want to casually use.

If you're in enough trouble to justify the use of a radar jammer and the potential penalties associated with it, just don't stop.

I suppose one could rig a "going to jail anyway" button for those times you're blasting it down the highway at 120+ and suddenly find yourself in the presence of strong radar, but aside from those cases, it's just not worth the hassle.

Laser, of course, being a different story alltogether.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
W211 is infamous around these parts
Besides following a fast car to light up the instant-on radar ahead of you, those Police scanners will be another alternative. Good against planes as well.

Anyone familiar with the latest and greatest?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
The Scorpion works great and because you can hit the snooze button after you get down to speed the officer wont know what’s going on. Even if they visually get you they don’t have radar evidence so any decent lawyer can get you out of that in under a minute.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by W211
Anyone familiar with the latest and greatest?
Depends where you are. Around large metro areas, you'll want a good digital trunking scanner like Uniden's bearcat series. Both the BCD996 and portable BC396T are excellent, and the close signal alarm is extremely handy.

If you live in the burbs or sticks, any 'ol analog scanner will do, but one with trunking support and a close signal alarm will do a lot more good. Uniden's BC95XLT is cheap and handy. Radio shack also has several branded Uniden scanners for sale that are quite good.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
The Scorpion works great and because you can hit the snooze button after you get down to speed the officer wont know what’s going on.
Take my word for the fact that they will know what's going on in the vast majority of situations, and likely assume probable cause to rip your car apart to find the jammer, prior to arresting you for obstruction and whatever else they feel like tacking on.

Only the extremely foolish assume cops are stupid.

Can you win in court? Maybe. But given the risk and potential costs, you're better to just stop, take the ticket, and let the lawyer fight it, or put it to the floor and take your chances if you're going fast enough to warrant it.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Simba
Take my word for the fact that they will know what's going on in the vast majority of situations, and likely assume probable cause to rip your car apart to find the jammer, prior to arresting you for obstruction and whatever else they feel like tacking on.

Only the extremely foolish assume cops are stupid.

Can you win in court? Maybe. But given the risk and potential costs, you're better to just stop, take the ticket, and let the lawyer fight it, or put it to the floor and take your chances if you're going fast enough to warrant it.
Simba,

Question for you: If you lived and traveled througout California what equipment would you run in your car?

TIA

Old 06-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by N2it
Question for you: If you lived and traveled througout California what equipment would you run in your car?
It would kind of depend on the car, and how much interior and nose space were available for hiding things. It would also depend on where I drove, and what kind of speed enforcement was in use.

Definitely a V1 stashed behind the rear view, with a remote display tucked away somewhere within the driver's line of sight, with a kill switch. I like stuffing them into the instrument cluster somehow whenever possible.

If laser were a big deal, I might fab up some "fog lights" with a Blinder jammer system, as laser jamming is illegal in Cali as far as I know. You would need to be exceedingly crafty in your use of it for it not to get picked up on.

As most areas in Cali tend to be high-ticket-revenue places, I'd assume just about everyone would be on a digital radio system of some sort, and probably keep a BCD396T stuffed away somewhere.

If I spent a lot of time on the highway, especially at night, I'd also consider a small CB radio. Trucker bear reports are invaluable.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:10 PM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
Most radar jammers just tell you when to reach for your wallet!! They are "illegal" but so is speeding. Jammers do not affect your insurance. Have fun go fast. I have tried everything V1 is the best but not a license to speed.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:53 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Most radar jammers just tell you when to reach for your wallet!! They are "illegal" but so is speeding. Jammers do not affect your insurance. Have fun go fast. I have tried everything V1 is the best but not a license to speed.
agreed, i just run the v1...but wouldnt mind tucking this away in single din slot if I didnt have navi taking up both spaces. I have a uniden 520xl CB i pop in for long trips as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-6000-CH...2130939&sr=1-2

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bummed Out!!!!! Radar Jammer?