997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbo187
you're right how dare they pull you over for breaking the speed limit!
this is true, but can you not see the hypocrisy in specifically pursuing exotic cars whilst letting other cars traveling the same speed go free?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
this is true, but can you not see the hypocrisy in specifically pursuing exotic cars whilst letting other cars traveling the same speed go free?
boohoo. You speed... You get a ticket. If you weren't willing to accept the fact that you might get a ticket, you shouldn't have sped. Sorry, but that's how I feel. YES, i do speed. But I know it is MY fault and only my fault if I get a ticket and don't try to blame it on someone else. No one said life was going to be always fair.

Last edited by turbo187; 06-22-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
M-Funf is infamous around these parts
1. air traps suck
2. i was once told by a pooper-trooper that "we can't ticket everyone, just like you cant catch every fish in a stream". Meaning he picked the biggest fish to catch.
3. if you don't want a ticket, don't speed

Old 06-22-2007, 09:05 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
I've been pulled over at least 10 times in Cali, WA and Oregon and I've talked my way out of every one. Never had a speeding ticket in my life. I got it down to an art. Last summer I had a Dodge Charger on my ***. After getting annoyed, I gunned it at a stop light - 70 mph in a 35 zone. Guess what? The charger was a cop and he baited me into a race! Couldn't believe it.

Cops comes by and the process goes like this:

1. As soon as the cop gets to the car, I call him sir, I apologize and admit I was speeding.

2. I apologize again.

3. I say I have never had a speeding ticket before (which is true lol - just been pulled over a ton)

4. I apologize again

5. I suck up to the cop and say I am sorry for wasting his time.

6. I apologize again.

It works EVERY time. Here is why: Cops put up with so much bullcrap that it actually surprises them when someone is actually nice to them. I just suck up big time, call them "Sir", and basically just beg for mercy. I think they really appreciate that I am not discrespectful and trying to argue with them. Each time, they say, "ok..just a warning." When the charger pulled me over, they wrote me up for not having a front license plate (still don't have it on, I refuse), and let me go.

I also got pulled over for speeding and suspicion of DUI. I followed my tried and true formula, AND I made a bet with the officer: if I pass the sobrietary test.. let me go without a ticket. He agreed, and of course I passed.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:41 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
THAT PISSES ME OFF SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! 11 OVER IS NOTHING THESE GUYS NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!! I feel your pain. Is there any way to detect the planes? They dont use radar do they?
I called the trooper station....they still use stop watches from the planes. Tough to see the white lines on the highway when just trying to keep up with the traffic. Keeping busy enough avoiding an accident. However, generally I spend most of my driving time at +90 on I-75 and when the trooper said the plane had timed me at 81, this surprised the hell out of me. To me it was like giving Al Capone a ticket for jay walking. I did notice after this incident and other times, that ground Troopers won't pull you over unless you are above 83-84. I have had my V1 on, doing 82 and cars have passed me like at 84 or so and the oncoming trooper never bothers to turn around and catch him....however, could be the car style I guess with this plane-crap, they were just out there to see how many they could pull over to help pay for the plane and the 10 troopers handy to provide the tickets. However, for the 10-15 minutes I spent with the trooper, no trucks were pulled over.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
neijia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
I also got caught going 5 over in a 70 and a crown vic off roaded across the median on I-90 just to chase me down and ticket me. It wasn’t one of those u-turn spots either, it was like a ditch with weeds up to the windshield, all for 5 over. Next time ill have a lawyer or car faster then a plane.<o></o>
Oh my F...ing hell, that made my day I can almost see it... like something out of Deliverance

Old 06-22-2007, 11:12 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
In the Seattle area there is a lawyer family (last name Mucklestone or something like that) that, for $350, will get the judge to dismiss your ticket or you get your money back. They have like a 99% success rate. It is crazy, I don't know how they do it. People obviously use them because they don't want the insurance hit or they are on a last strike or something. Every person I know that has used them has gotten off. AT my former firm we'd have clients get tickets on their way to our office. We'd have them give us their ticket, write a check for $350, and then we'd forward along the cash and ticket to this family firm to take care of it. I don't think we ever had a client that didn't get the ticket dismissed.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:11 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
You haven’t got any tickets yet because you need to get the turbo. I had a genuine excuse for my last ticket but the mistaken cop didn’t pass English class so it was only reduced. One of the lawyers that went before me got off someone in the exact area my ticket occurred, probably same cop, by checking the radar gun certs only to find the ticketing officer didn’t have one. Too bad I didn’t know how to go about checking all the records and certifications. The people before me were absolutely pathetic. Stupid excuses like going with the flow, didn’t know the area, etc. All lawyer presented infractions were dismissed, only one was rescheduled and the attorney pissed off the judge really bad right before I went.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnww
Picked my turbo out of large numbers of semis and suvs in left lane going ahead of me. Officer even omitted they are picking out sportcars because easy to see from the air. Officer asked why I was doing 81 in 70 mile zone on interstate 75 just north of Tampa, Fl..... said just keeping up with the semis in left lane. The speed-trap was out there for revenue, they could care less about slowing traffic down in the left lane. A trooper's car picked me up some 15 miles down the road, had 10-troopers working the area. No semis pulled over, just cars. Quite a little cash generator going on.
Wow, I am always on that part of I75. Never been pulled over for going that slow. I notice alot of cars driving well above 85mph on I75 and I4.

Now my cousin just got a ticket from a HCS on I275 through Tampa for going 2 mph over speed limit.....only because he passed the cop. I would have fought that one.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by turbo187
boohoo. You speed... You get a ticket. If you weren't willing to accept the fact that you might get a ticket, you shouldn't have sped. Sorry, but that's how I feel. YES, i do speed. But I know it is MY fault and only my fault if I get a ticket and don't try to blame it on someone else. No one said life was going to be always fair.
Yeah right, who is this guy. No one is blaming anyone. Another one of these do-gooders. To not speed on I75, you stay in the right lane at 70...not even half blind old ladies do that. These troopers are just picking out cars from the steady flow of traffic, leaving left-lane trucks alone and the trucks are the ones setting the speed flow. These troopers are more interested in revenue than how to really get the traffic to flow safely, that is, to keep trucks, do gooders and blamers out of the left lane.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
I found this in the FL code. I thought this was a fact in Florida and wanted to check.

Florida Speeding Ticket Fine

For moving violations involving unlawful speed, the Florida speeding ticket fines are as follows:

For speed exceeding the limit by:
Fine:
1-5 m.p.h. Warning
6-9 m.p.h. $ 25
10-14 m.p.h. $100
15-19 m.p.h. $125
20-29 m.p.h. $150
30 m.p.h. and above $250
Court costs imposed under this subsection may not exceed $30.

So, you cant get a ticket in FL going less then 5 MPH over the posted speed limit. Thats the rule here in Brevard County and all the local cities around me.

Don

Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Fines have been upgraded..shown in red

Originally Posted by cabman4007
I found this in the FL code. I thought this was a fact in Florida and wanted to check.

Florida Speeding Ticket Fine

For moving violations involving unlawful speed, the Florida speeding ticket fines are as follows:

For speed exceeding the limit by:
Fine:
1-5 m.p.h. Warning
6-9 m.p.h. $ 25 ...............now $83.50
10-14 m.p.h. $100...................$158.50
15-19 m.p.h. $125...................$183.50
20-29 m.p.h. $150 ..................$208.50
30 m.p.h. and above $250 ...Now a Mandatory Court Appearance
Court costs imposed under this subsection may not exceed $30.
And too.....20-29 over in school zone $358.50...note also, you can go to class and spend about the same cash-fine (-$10 at most), but you cannot use this school again within 12 months and are only allowed 5 school visits in your life time. And for some that is a lot of years, for others not that many, but class should be reserved for major speeding mistakes, i.e., speeding +30, imo .

So, you cant get a ticket in FL going less then 5 MPH over the posted speed limit. Thats the rule here in Brevard County and all the local cities around me.

Don
See above in red, seems like a lot of new changes have occurred

Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the update.

I always go 4 or 5 over on the city streets and at least 75 on the highways.

But,, 76 can get you a ticket. I doubt it tho. Over 82 will definitely get you one.

I ve been thru radar at 80 mph and the cop never looks up. SO, 81 and up on the major highways must be the magic number. IF less than 81 got a ticket ,, all the cars in FL would be ticketed and the courts jammed. At least in Central eastern FL.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:03 PM
12007tt is infamous around these parts
If you use the Florida school route, the ticket never gets entered into the system/wiped off the books without a record (your insurance will never know). You still pay the fine ... just no points.
Fines are doubled in school and construction zones.

K

Old 06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cabman4007
Thanks for the update.

I always go 4 or 5 over on the city streets and at least 75 on the highways.
Don, is that "75 over" or just "75" on the highways?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars