997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
HAHHA

I ll never tell on here!!!

good one Dave

Its sunday and we didnt go for a spin??

maybe next week..

don

Old 06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
My car is going nowhere at the moment, I'm in the middle of installing headers and exhausts......buckets of parts everywhere.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
the bad thing about the 911 is all the attention it gets and the fact that it looks really fast standing still..

Old 06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
I got a ticket about 3 months ago for going around a car that was pulling into a parking lot. Told the cop the car was pulling into the lot and I was just going around the car. Officer did not want to hear anything from me a told me to shut up and give him my license and reg.So the idea of talking yourself out of a ticket does not always work.This guy was on the rag and a first degree *****!He was writing a ticket no matter what.Fortunately for me the judge is one of my patients so the ticket was dismissed.Point is anyone can get a ticket anytime even for bull**** reasons.Most cops however are good guys and are understanding.I have been pulled over numerous times over the years so the could look at my cars.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Warnings sofar, I guess a foreign drivers license does help a lot

Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Being a cop is the same as being on welfare. They just need some revenue to buy more donuts, etc... Maybe some of these cops will get a real job when and if they grow up.
TD, thats is one of the worst posts I've read in a long time. Not only is it far from the truth, it is demeaning, and displays a pathetic, irrational bias towards a group of people that put their lives on the line every day. Being a cop is VERY much a "real job".

You may not like it that they nab some people that you like and know, and perhaps yourself; but like it or not, it is a necessary evil. There are people out there who wrecklessly break the speed laws by driving over their abilities, and the capabilities of their cars, killing others in the process. Get pissed at those people who make it bad for the rest. Not the cops. You said that the cops needs to "grow up" and get a "real job". Well... At your age of 64, I'd think you'd have grown up more than enough to be "grown up" enough to get beyond comments like that.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by huskylawyer
I've been pulled over at least 10 times in Cali, WA and Oregon and I've talked my way out of every one. Never had a speeding ticket in my life. I got it down to an art. Last summer I had a Dodge Charger on my ***. After getting annoyed, I gunned it at a stop light - 70 mph in a 35 zone. Guess what? The charger was a cop and he baited me into a race! Couldn't believe it.

Cops comes by and the process goes like this:

1. As soon as the cop gets to the car, I call him sir, I apologize and admit I was speeding.

2. I apologize again.

3. I say I have never had a speeding ticket before (which is true lol - just been pulled over a ton)

4. I apologize again

5. I suck up to the cop and say I am sorry for wasting his time.

6. I apologize again.

It works EVERY time. Here is why: Cops put up with so much bullcrap that it actually surprises them when someone is actually nice to them. I just suck up big time, call them "Sir", and basically just beg for mercy. I think they really appreciate that I am not discrespectful and trying to argue with them. Each time, they say, "ok..just a warning." When the charger pulled me over, they wrote me up for not having a front license plate (still don't have it on, I refuse), and let me go.

I also got pulled over for speeding and suspicion of DUI. I followed my tried and true formula, AND I made a bet with the officer: if I pass the sobrietary test.. let me go without a ticket. He agreed, and of course I passed.
Precisely! Attitude is everything. Cops deal with the worst of the worst day in and day out. They cannot afford to play "nice cop" by default. Nice cops die, or get injured, period. So when a cop comes to your window, the guidance above works more often than not. A cop does not want to write a ticket! Give him an excuse to not write you one, and he will gladly take it. Be nice to the guy, he will be grateful, and probably let ya go.

I got pulled last night. I pulled over immediately, put all my windows down, turned the lights on inside; and was very polite. I drove away not only with a warning, but a business card and an opportunity to teach close quarter combatives to that department.

Why do I know this? Before I "grew up", just after I got out of the Army, I was a cop.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
chokeu2, I agree with you but some won't even give a chance. I was pulled over about 4 months ago. I saw her pulling out so I went all the way to the right lane, pulled over, rolled down my window, hands @ 10 & 2. She yelled lic and reg, I asked if I could reach into the glove comp..she yelled again same thing....she walked back with the ticket and threw it on the passenger seat and walked away. Nothing more, nothing less. It was 7:30 am on Tues morning and I was well dressed for a meeting in my Jeep. There are jerks in every profession even if you don't give them a hard time.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Porschenut, you are certainly correct bro. Some officers very much have come to have a chip on their shoulders. There are several metro Atlanta departments that are so riddled by politics that the officers hit the road in a very bad state of mind; and unfortunately, some take it out on drivers. Sad but true. So it is fair to say, as much as I hate to say it, that some officers certainly do need to "grow up" a bit. None the less, it is not fair to say as our fellow 6speeder said, that they need to get a "real job".

Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
I don't agree with that statement, any job that earns you a living is a real job now whether it's legal, moral.... etc. that's a different issue.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by turbo187
you're right how dare they pull you over for breaking the speed limit!
You are a dork

Old 06-26-2007, 12:04 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
You are a dork
and who the f*** are you?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nickbeez
I guess that since I don't have 4 gillon posts that it won't matter, but I would agree.... As soon as I scrolled off the 1st post and saw the second one I instantly thought... F#*ing loser.... I bet you were the kid in school that told the substitute teacher everything they were doing wrong and reminding them that Mrs. Smith was giving a pop quiz today.

Everyone understands when you speed you take the risk of getting ticketed....
If you have a problem with me, feel free to PM me, rather than publicly attack me. What I said is how I feel. If you don't agree with me, that is fine, but that still gives you no reason to pursue personal attacks.

Yes, it does suck getting a ticket. Yes, I do speed. But come on, if you're going to speed and get a ticket, get over it... instead of coming on here and complaining. Hell, this is coming from someone who owns a red sportscar. I have neither the time nor the energy to continue to argue with all of you about this... this will be my final post in this thread.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
I love 6speed.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:24 AM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
I got a warning for 132 in a 55 lol did not even know he was back there. Pulled in behind me when i went to turn around because i passed my destination.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars