997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by evo911
I got a warning for 132 in a 55 lol did not even know he was back there. Pulled in behind me when i went to turn around because i passed my destination.

I hope you went right to 7-11 and bought some Lotto Tickets right after that,,, seems that was a very lucky day for you.

most would be in the slammer at least for a few hours going that fast.

How prey tell did you talk your way out of that one.... or did you know the Officer...

WOW

Don

Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
he was like you wanna keep your car? i just kinda looked at him like? he was like if i had this car i guess i would be doing that too. As im still just sitting there not saying anything. He was like what were you doing? So i explained to him that this truck in front of me was swirving to the right and throwing tons of pebbles and gravel ****. and basicly not letting me pass either which is true. And when i found the right moment i went around him and made sure he wasnt catching up lol. He was like ok well dont pull that **** around here anymore ( was like 2 hours from my house in the middle of no where) Very odd though. the cop was in a Dodge Intrepid which is not a comon police car here. And when he left his front tires were spinning lolol so he did a reckless op... lol

Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
kave is infamous around these parts
**** motorcyle cops. Useless pieces of ****. While I am on it, **** the chp, they suck *** too. I wouldn't mind if they patrolled highways where there are a lot of accidents, but they find a nice spot on an open freeway and wait for the cash cow to come down an empty highway.

ahhhhh I needed that.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
10 years i didnt get a speeding ticket. I buy an m6 and a ford gt to have some fun and just cruise around, but every time i go for a drive i get raped by some bull**** cop, trying to find the next enzo f--king driver. If i hear "it looked like you were going very fast" another f---king time. Yeah well you look like an ******* officer, are you?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kave
**** motorcyle cops. Useless pieces of ****. While I am on it, **** the chp, they suck *** too.
Wow... What an educated viewpoint.
Ya know, in my experience, guys like you who are arrogant enough to place such judgement on people that they view as being lower than themselves; usually are the cause of their own problems. Those problems are typically the inability to accept responsibility and consequences for their own actions; and a notion that certain rules do not apply. Nothing scientific, but rather practical experience.

And those useless pieces of **** do a pretty damn good job upholding the law considering the limited resources, and the limited view points of folks such as yourself who only view them as a piece of steaming ****. None the less... I'm sure that piece of **** cop would have your back if and when you needed it, no questions asked.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:06 PM
10 years i didnt get a speeding ticket. I buy an m6 and a ford gt to have some fun and just cruise around, but every time i go for a drive i get raped by some bull**** cop, trying to find the next enzo f--king driver. If i hear "it looked like you were going very fast" another f---king time. Yeah well you look like an ******* officer, are you?
Thanks for proving the point that I made in my previous point. You are the cause of your own problems, you just have failed to realize it and take responsibility for your own actions.
The funny thing is that you are the cause of your own problems. Your attitude is certainly not impressive. And attitude determines everything on most stops. No cop wants to write a ticket, it is a huge misnomer that they do. It amounts to a lot of paperwork, and the cop having to give up his off day to come into court.

So every cop that stopped you because you "wanted to have some fun", said "it looked like you were going very fast" eh? Hmmm... Didn't know that was put into the piece of **** handbook. Funny that you look past the part where you knowingly did something that could get you into trouble, yet when caught, the cop is the *******? Ok... then... Enjoy that perception.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by chokeu2
The funny thing is that you are the cause of your own problems. Your attitude is certainly not impressive. And attitude determines everything on most stops. No cop wants to write a ticket, it is a huge misnomer that they do. It amounts to a lot of paperwork, and the cop having to give up his off day to come into court.

So every cop that stopped you because you "wanted to have some fun", said "it looked like you were going very fast" eh? Hmmm... Didn't know that was put into the piece of **** handbook. Funny that you look past the part where you knowingly did something that could get you into trouble, yet when caught, the cop is the *******? Ok... then... Enjoy that perception.
I have never been in trouble, and I guarantee you that when you do, a cop won't be there to save you, he will be somewhere eating a doughnut or on some empty road, waiting to give someone a ticket. There is more money is giving someone a ticket than saving youre behind.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
I have never been in trouble, and I guarantee you that when you do, a cop won't be there to save you, he will be somewhere eating a doughnut or on some empty road, waiting to give someone a ticket. There is more money is giving someone a ticket than saving youre behind.
Again, a totally uneducated comment. Police work doesn't work like you want to believe. Some cars are on patrol, who's job it is to patrol the streets and highways, some work Vice, Narcotics, Homicide, etc.

It is not the cops fault that you "wanted to have some fun", and you got caught. Just accept it and move on, you are the one that screwed up, not the cop.

There is not as much money in writing tickets as people like you would like to believe. And like I said, a cop would prefer to NOT write a ticket, and then face losing his day off to attend court. How do I know? I used to be a cop. One of those useless pieces of ****... Thought service to my community would be a noble thing after I got off of my white knight notion of serving my country in the military. Now that I've done my useless piece of **** duty, I've built my own company's, one of which still tends to the needs of law enforcement and the military. If that is useless **** and notions, wow... Wonder what your notion of usefulness is.

You're way off base kave. Learn to accept responsibility for your actions, your not above the law. If you treat a cop like an *******, thats precisely what you'll get because most of the people he deals with are *******s doing something they should not be. Why act like the rest. Be a respectful grown up and you'd be surprised how well you'll get treated when you screw up again. And judging from your attitude, you will screw up again, and I suppose it will be the cops fault then too...

Old 06-27-2007, 02:28 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree and feel the frustration as well. The majority of cops are dicks, even more so with motorcycle cops. It seems their job title is, has nothing better to do. A lot of these laws and tickets are so broad and stupid. If the highway is clear and I’m a good driver in a very good car what is going faster going to hurt? Speeding tickets should be secondary to safety. Speeding is not unsafe (conditions in mind) so why charge me money when I go a little over? Can America implement some sort of secondary license that they can test and charge a fee that allows me to legally speed? Equality is a big thing with tickets. We have all been there where someone else goes ripping by and you end up getting pulled over. They should not be allowed to give tickets at all if they do not given them out fairly. Targeting a cretin demographic or car type fall in line with discrimination. Why am I more deserving of a ticket just because I worked hard and have a better car then the guy next to me? I laughed so hard at that looked like you were going fast statement. I’m thinking about trying that calling them an *******. I always get the ticket in the end so I might as well have some fun. It is just so frustrating thinking how hard I had to work to get to the point I can have my fun toys and I can only use them for a few hours a month, why does someone have to ruin that fun relaxing time for me that I have so little of in the first place?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
I totally agree and feel the frustration as well. The majority of cops are dicks, even more so with motorcycle cops. It seems their job title is, has nothing better to do. A lot of these laws and tickets are so broad and stupid. If the highway is clear and I’m a good driver in a very good car what is going faster going to hurt? Speeding tickets should be secondary to safety. Speeding is not unsafe (conditions in mind) so why charge me money when I go a little over? Can America implement some sort of secondary license that they can test and charge a fee that allows me to legally speed? Equality is a big thing with tickets. We have all been there where someone else goes ripping by and you end up getting pulled over. They should not be allowed to give tickets at all if they do not given them out fairly. Targeting a cretin demographic or car type fall in line with discrimination. Why am I more deserving of a ticket just because I worked hard and have a better car then the guy next to me? I laughed so hard at that looked like you were going fast statement. I’m thinking about trying that calling them an *******. I always get the ticket in the end so I might as well have some fun. It is just so frustrating thinking how hard I had to work to get to the point I can have my fun toys and I can only use them for a few hours a month, why does someone have to ruin that fun relaxing time for me that I have so little of in the first place?
Again, a very unfair misconception of police officers! Most of them are not "dicks", not by a long shot. You need to realize that most of their days are spent dealing with people less than savory. And because people so mis-characterize cops, they are forced to put a bit of a personal wall up for their own safety. A nice cop = a dead cop. And sadly, a lot of you would cheer for that apparently.

You fail to realize that the atmosphere that you have fostered determines how you are treated by law enforcement. Which is why, on most occassions, in a traffic stop type of situation, a cop would much prefer to give a warning. At least every single one that I know of, and thats quite a few. But give him or her an attitude, and you'll get a ticket, period; and you'll deserve it. Granted some officers are truly always surly, they just go on auto pilot and don't give anyone a break. None the less, I cannot blame them considering how so many civilians are ok with cops getting treated like dirt for doing a noble job that some people view as lowly. (which is an extremely arrogant notion BTW).

The other thing... A cop is more likely to over look a sweet ride like a Porsche than he would something shall we say, a bit more domestic... The assumption is that if the person has something like a P car, he may drive a bit better than average... Not to mention it is not worth risking a chase with an exotic. This is why bikes rarely get chased. Not worth it. Something more easily caught, and normally doing something more stupid than average; well, there's your *****.

Rise above that stereotype you have of police and realize that the last thing they want to do is write a ticket.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
Very nice post.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
It is a game sometimes you loose sometimes you win, but always stay polite and respect the other party, apart from exceptions it will cost less that way

Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
"Rise above that stereotype you have of police and realize that the last thing they want to do is write a ticket."

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mike2727
It is a game sometimes you loose sometimes you win, but always stay polite and respect the other party, apart from exceptions it will cost less that way
Absolutely agree.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
some pretty entertaining bull**** going down on this thread...thanks guys...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars