997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:35 PM
jethead is infamous around these parts
I'm just amazed that you would get pulled over next to a semi that is speeding, i'm not sure but i would assume that the ticket given to the semi would generate much more revenue for the state than one given to a car.

Last edited by jethead; 06-27-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kave
"Rise above that stereotype you have of police and realize that the last thing they want to do is write a ticket."

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Laugh all you like, and feel safe with those with whom you share consensus. Or man up and take responsibility for yourself and recognize the denial of the fact that you are the one that made the mistakes for just "having a little fun". Either way, no problem. People like you and your attitude are a dime a dozen. People like you are the reason that others may not get a break. If a "type" of car gets stereotyped, then you have no one to blame but yourself because of your own desire to go and "have a little fun", then call the cop an *******, and treat them like a "useless piece of ****" for catching you in an act you know is illegal. Are you past the age of 16? Seriously??

As for laughing at my statement, thats ok too; people like you simply don't deserve a break. In fact, you deserve a ticket for any little infraction that an officer can find on your car.

Again, go ahead and laugh, but realize you do it out of ignorance, not out of experience. But in the very slight chance that I'm wrong, please tell me how much time you've spent as a cop. A rhetorical request I'm sure, but I'll ask just so we can level set.

We do know that you have a superiority complex and that people like me, and my friends are useless pieces of **** in your book, who only want to eat donuts and write tickets. Never mind that the sum total of your comments raise barely above someone who's barely out of puberty and ignorant stereotypes. I'm just giving you a chance to show some signs of adulthood and experience in what you're talking about.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
I never treat cops badly. I just say as little as possible, sometimes nothing at all, and they hand me a piece of paper. Maybe my views of them are a little off because a while ago 5 of those *** holes showed up at my house and tacked me to the ground while I was brushing my teeth and cuffed me. My neighbors don’t annoy me any more after seeing 3 squad cars in my driveway. It’s great when they make the mistake of not knowing how to read an address properly. Guess they don’t teach math or reading in cop school. The false arrest case that followed was probably a nice awakening for those *********. Now I’m the type of person that if accidentally looks at a cop car I look away quickly hoping they didn’t see me. I have yet to be in a situation where a police officer has helped me in any way shape or form. Super Troopers was funny though!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
Cops have the cleanest driving records around. Know why? Because cops don't give other cops tickets. Off duty cop gets pulled over...out comes the badge and "professional courtesy" is granted. This often extends to family members & close friends too.

chokeu2: I think we'd all like to hear your thoughts on why cops should get away with stuff like this.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 PM
19000, I hear ya, but you can't blame the cops that came to your door. Blame whoever provided the intelligence. That REALLY sucks that happened to you, BIG TIME. I am sorry to hear that. Understand that your body language and demeanor reflects a lot on how your treated. I can tell ya that if ya glance at a patrol car and abruptly look away, you do look suspicious...

Turbonator, first of all, to answer your question in the manner that you seek; I would have to change my perspective and provide content in the manner you seek. Your statement is a loaded statement.
"I think we'd all like to hear your thoughts on why cops should get away with stuff like this."

You are not interested in hearing an answer, because that is not a question. You are only allowing the perception and perspective that the cops are doing something that they are "getting away with something".

The issue is that people, drivers, are doing something where they've been caught doing something that they know is against the law, period. And in the case of many, they let loose with an attitude when that cop catches them doing something that broke the law.

The overwhelming majority of law enforcement officers out there are not *******s, but if you treat them as such; you will certainly get the same kind in turn. Thats not to say that there aren't *******s out there, because there are.

Step out of your comfortable world and understand that cops get treated like ****, day in and day out; no problem, it is part of the job. But doing the job requires a professional demeanor that isn't all roses and hugs. Moreover, the amount of death on the highways is shocking. Death caused by people who believe that they can drive, or death caused by people who get spooked when someone who does know how to drive better than average blows by them. Step outside of that sheltered perspective you're living in and realize that like it or not, some sort of order needs to be kept on the highways.

Cops aren't doing anything where they're "getting away with" anything. The problem is that so many people have an inflated sense of their own importance and abilities, and it gets people killed.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
As far as professional courtesy....
You know all about that apparently. So why ask the question?

Not that is matters because your mind is made up, but I'll address that. Yes, there is a professional courtesy that is offered. But it is not the free pass that you think it is. It is not uncommon for departments to not permit professional courtesy's these days.

If a cop is an ******* to an officer making a stop, then that officer will get a ticket. It is still all about the attitude. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Pretty shocked at some of the responses about Law Enforcement officers. I have quite a few police officer friends and they are just humans like you and I. Let's face it, if some stranger was an *** to you, wouldn't you be an *** to them as well? I know I would be, it's just human nature unless you're just truly a push over I guess. Just because we make more money than them does not make us better.

As for the original topic, that does suck and am surprised. My buddies gave me a "thin blue line" sticker for all my cars and for the most part it has helped. As for professional courtesy, c'mon isn't that a no brainer? It's sort of like the Neiman Marcus folks hooking up the Saks folks - it happens all the time.

Chokeu2, my hats off to you for serving the community and the country. I will reserve my comments on some of the folks that made some ignorant comments.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 AM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
i actually have never had a run in with a cycle cop. only place i have ever seen them ever was breakfast at bob evans by the cleveland hopkins airport lolol....

Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 AM
M-Funf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Again, a very unfair misconception of police officers! Most of them are not "dicks", not by a long shot. You need to realize that most of their days are spent dealing with people less than savory. And because people so mis-characterize cops, they are forced to put a bit of a personal wall up for their own safety. A nice cop = a dead cop. And sadly, a lot of you would cheer for that apparently.

You fail to realize that the atmosphere that you have fostered determines how you are treated by law enforcement. Which is why, on most occassions, in a traffic stop type of situation, a cop would much prefer to give a warning. At least every single one that I know of, and thats quite a few. But give him or her an attitude, and you'll get a ticket, period; and you'll deserve it. Granted some officers are truly always surly, they just go on auto pilot and don't give anyone a break. None the less, I cannot blame them considering how so many civilians are ok with cops getting treated like dirt for doing a noble job that some people view as lowly. (which is an extremely arrogant notion BTW).

The other thing... A cop is more likely to over look a sweet ride like a Porsche than he would something shall we say, a bit more domestic... The assumption is that if the person has something like a P car, he may drive a bit better than average... Not to mention it is not worth risking a chase with an exotic. This is why bikes rarely get chased. Not worth it. Something more easily caught, and normally doing something more stupid than average; well, there's your *****.

Rise above that stereotype you have of police and realize that the last thing they want to do is write a ticket.
while most of your posts are right on the money, I have to put this line in the B.S.. bin

while my driving style (read: highway speeds, radar detector use) hasn't changed at all over the past 18 years, my vehicle type has.
I have been ticketed 3 times ( not so bad) All in coupes. Never in a sedan truck, SUV etc. Now this can certainly be 'random chance' but it seems that a Z06 or M3 vert at 85 mph is much more attractive to the po-po than a M5. I wonder how much attention a Guards Red TT wil garner?
Just my experience

Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 AM
shahzadmasih is infamous around these parts
Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Old 06-28-2007, 09:05 AM

I can only speak to what I know of the guys around here bro. But a cop loves a bad *** car as much, if not more than the next guy.

A cop doesn't look for an exotic, but he will look for someone doing something that causes a problem. Like I said before, someone who's an excellent driver, may be going safely faster than anyone else; but that driver cannot control other drivers, and some drivers get spooked and cause a mess on the road. For that reason, someone who may have been totally safe in doing what they were doing, get pulled because they spooked someone else, causing a disturbance on the road. And simply because so many people get killed on the roads, the cop is going to go after that person. Make sense?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 AM

I can only speak to what I know of the guys around here bro. But a cop loves a bad *** car as much, if not more than the next guy.

A cop doesn't look for an exotic, but he will look for someone doing something that causes a problem. Like I said before, someone who's an excellent driver, may be going safely faster than anyone else; but that driver cannot control other drivers, and some drivers get spooked and cause a mess on the road. For that reason, someone who may have been totally safe in doing what they were doing, get pulled because they spooked someone else, causing a disturbance on the road. And simply because so many people get killed on the roads, the cop is going to go after that person. Make sense?
never argued that it didn't make sense. you speed, you pay! eventually we all get caught. I just always wondered how many dealers are peddling _____ (insert drug here) or other 'real crimes' are going unscaithed while the cops are ticketing the speeders. it's an interesting point to ponder.
B

Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by M-Funf
never argued that it didn't make sense. you speed, you pay! eventually we all get caught. I just always wondered how many dealers are peddling _____ (insert drug here) or other 'real crimes' are going unscaithed while the cops are ticketing the speeders. it's an interesting point to ponder.
B
It is a very good point to ponder, and fortunately, there are good reasons for the roads being patrolled. There are seperate units to track down those drug dealers, so that is covered and the cops are doing that work. It is yoemans work because the attitude towards the police as you can see here, is hostile, even on the topic of chasing down drug dealers. Entire communities turn on the police because drugs provide oxygens theives with a way to make a living. And their parents seem to have the moral flexibility to over look the activities that their kids are engaging in, and prefer to blame the police for harassment.

That said, one of the leading causes of death in the US is automotive deaths. Cars kill more than guns, knives, baseball bats, etc. Because of this, departments are forced to place assets on the roads. The departments would much prefer to have those assets placed on the hunt for drug dealers, thieves, murderers, organized crime; but the truth is that too many people die on the roads. That means that some people are going to get tagged.

It may not be you or causing the disturbances, but rather some kid that hasn't developed his fear receptors yet that spooked another driver and caused a crash. You get the idea.

Patrols and law enforcement on the roads are a necessary evil bro.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
It is a very good point to ponder, and fortunately, there are good reasons for the roads being patrolled. There are seperate units to track down those drug dealers, so that is covered and the cops are doing that work. It is yoemans work because the attitude towards the police as you can see here, is hostile, even on the topic of chasing down drug dealers. Entire communities turn on the police because drugs provide oxygens theives with a way to make a living. And their parents seem to have the moral flexibility to over look the activities that their kids are engaging in, and prefer to blame the police for harassment.

That said, one of the leading causes of death in the US is automotive deaths. Cars kill more than guns, knives, baseball bats, etc. Because of this, departments are forced to place assets on the roads. The departments would much prefer to have those assets placed on the hunt for drug dealers, thieves, murderers, organized crime; but the truth is that too many people die on the roads. That means that some people are going to get tagged.

It may not be you or causing the disturbances, but rather some kid that hasn't developed his fear receptors yet that spooked another driver and caused a crash. You get the idea.

Patrols and law enforcement on the roads are a necessary evil bro.
no doubt. I never mind the staties doing their thing, because it IS their thing (ie: Ohio State Highway Patrol: leaves little room for interpretation). I think we all get a little perturbed by the city / muni / county agencies padding their coffers with the "commuters" tickets.
I'll give a brief example. There is a 4 mile stretch of 5 lane road in north PGH that crosses 2 townships. it has varying speed limits (35-50) depending on location. It is patrolled from 4-6 pm by no fewer than 3 police agencies ( i typically see 6 cruisers). They prefer to hide in car dealership lots and pic off commuters and soccer moms on their way home. I checked with the county and there have been a grand total of 2 fatalities on that road in the past 15 yrs ( single car DUI into a pole 1994). I bet this kind of partolling goes on all over the country and is what really irks people more than the CHP, OSHP etc.
Brian

Old 06-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Scott911 is infamous around these parts
Wow... What an educated viewpoint.
Ya know, in my experience, guys like you who are arrogant enough to place such judgement on people that they view as being lower than themselves; usually are the cause of their own problems. Those problems are typically the inability to accept responsibility and consequences for their own actions; and a notion that certain rules do not apply. Nothing scientific, but rather practical experience.

And those useless pieces of **** do a pretty damn good job upholding the law considering the limited resources, and the limited view points of folks such as yourself who only view them as a piece of steaming ****. None the less... I'm sure that piece of **** cop would have your back if and when you needed it, no questions asked.
dude, you are such a goody-two-shoes I just vomited a little

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Florida troopers profiling porsches and sport cars