997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Driver's United ( left lane )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, they were talking about this on the Newsradio station locally and they gave this wonderful stat...Year to date, only 16 citations have been given to drivers for impeding traffic. I'm sorry but these people are just as dangerous if not MORE so than someone speeding while going with the flow of traffic. They cause people to have to make lane changes which exponentially increases the chances of innitiating an accident. These are the types of people that don't get in the accidents, they just cause them. Me and my dad always joke about my grandma never getting in an accident but leaving a wake of wrecked cars behind her as she cluelessly plugs along.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:41 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by carendt242
i even get mad when i'm a passenger in a left-lane driver's car
I'm the same way. I have a friend who doesn't have a clue and I give him hell about it..

Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
It seems like this problem has become MUCH, MUCH worse over the last two years or so...I dont remember the last time I was driving a pretty normal 80 on a highway and NOT had to pass someone on the right...its really, REALLY annoying...

Old 06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Driver's United ( left lane )

go to Leftlanedrivers.org

This is a site to unite us left lane drivers with a decal advising slow drivers to move over.....

Tired of stop lights ?

mirtunit.com

I didnt say I had one of those....

Last edited by GEE-BEE; 06-28-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Cool, sometimes its so frustrating! People should be pulled over and cited. Try that in Europe and see what happens to you. THE LEFT LANE ON A FREEWAY IS FOR PASSING ONLY!The best is when a sign tells you "a passing lane ahead in one mile" and when you get there some idiot still is driving in the left lane. After horns and lights start a flashin maybe they might understand. I Am an american and most American drivers SUCK, its just a fact and I am not proud of it. I better calm down now this is a touchy topic with me.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:45 PM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
Sadly, the same people that drive, maybe more like crawl in the left lane, are the same ones that won't check their mirrors. They'll never realise that they're holding up/back miles of traffic. Also, these are the same drivers that view driving as a right instead of a priviledge that may require skills.

Last edited by TT/T; 06-28-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:47 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
i even get mad when i'm a passenger in a left-lane driver's car

Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by gradyex
Cool, sometimes its so frustrating! People should be pulled over and cited. Try that in Europe and see what happens to you. THE LEFT LANE ON A FREEWAY IS FOR PASSING ONLY!The best is when a sign tells you "a passing lane ahead in one mile" and when you get there some idiot still is driving in the left lane. After horns and lights start a flashin maybe they might understand. I Am an american and most American drivers SUCK, its just a fact and I am not proud of it. I better calm down now this is a touchy topic with me.
This was my primary reason for my earlier M3s and current 997turbo. I got tired of trying to move the do gooders-left laners over, so now I have the HP to sip around them on the right. In fact I like them staying in the left lane because that is usually where radar is aimed. In the right lane there is a blanket affect from radar. And with driving lights, the left laners can see you coming in on their right. What is really upsetting is on rare occasions one of these left laners will move over and now the right lane is blocked too. Interesting on 175, both 6-lane portions and especially 4-lane sections, I make my best time just driving in the right lane. The left lane is usually backed up for miles.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned
thedutchguy is infamous around these parts
I agree that American drivers are not the best drivers in the world.
But that makes sense if you see what you have to do to get your license here. It's a joke. In my country of origin you need a minimum of 20 hours in a car with a teacher and double controls, before you can go on your final test.
Here in the US they don't teach you really that you need to stay out of the left lane. But the police doesn't really enforce it either. So people are either oblivious or they don't care. Can't do that in Europe. The tickets are huge. I remember going on a nice drive on a sunday morning from Holland to Paris at 140 mph cruise speed. One light signal and people would move out of the way if they hadn't already moved over. It's very normal to have that discipline over there and it took me a while to get used to the "behavior" of drivers here. I do love the fact that they don't have speed camera's on the side of the roads here though. No talking your way out of a ticket with one of those in Europe.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:07 PM
turbonator is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnww
This was my primary reason for my earlier M3s and current 997turbo. I got tired of trying to move the do gooders-left laners over, so now I have the HP to sip around them on the right.
Couldn't agree more. Just not worth the time/trouble to get these people to move over. Most of the time they'll just get pissed if you flashed your headlights. Best to just go around them and it's all over before they even realized what happened.