997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Crashed my second 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM
DodgeViper01 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your two turbos. Sounds like you just had a fit of bad luck since they were not your fault. I would say if you love the Turbo get another. You only live once.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Wreck yet?

Old 07-16-2007, 06:24 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pking0317
Seriously i guess im not fit for this car or something, cause i crashed both turbos this year... once during janurary and once last week...My first one was totalled so i bought another one...and now that i crashed it im thinking maybe i should buy something else...does anyone have any recommendations on what i should buy or still get another 3rd 997 turbo, because i think i totalled my second one too
It's time to upgrade the driver man. Buy an STI or an Evo and learn how to drive them, then upgrade to your porsche. It's a great choice, but you really have to take your own personal safety into account at this point in time.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
Title: Salvage

he might have owned that one before

Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">...well basically both times i wasn't at fault.... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm confused... basically, who was at fault then? the ramp or the big dip?

Brian I'm trying to watch Flight of the Conchords on HBO and then you say this and I bust out laughing...

Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Sorry about what happened and good luck. I think something about the info you posted make people, including me, wonder whether you are serious.

For example when your first car was totaled, you mentioned a while ago:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
...the reason why they considered my silver 997 tt totalled was because to fix it, it would cost about 63000 US. By the way my car was stationed at Holmes Auto Body Shop at riverside...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now you are posting this about the same first accident:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
but the body shop didn't have the equipment to fix the car so the insurance company decided to consider it totalled...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe people are making fun of you because the info you post doesn't make sense at all and even contradictory?

To this day, I wonder why an insurance company would total a 123,000 car if it only costs 63k to fix??? I thought it "fishy" the first time you mentioned it. Now I am thinking it wasn't true at all?

You would like us to believe the insurance company decided to total the car because one particular shop "didn't have the equipment to fix the car"? I would think they would bring the car to another shop that could and save 60k.

Most importantly, the info you provide are contradictory: There was an estimate as you mentioned a few months ago, why would they give an estimate if, as you say now, they can't fix it??

Normally I would ignore this kind of thread, but in your case, I made an exception because I think there is a chance (1.5% at this point though nudge nudge ) that you are indeed truthful. Maybe "stupid comments" were made because "stupid info" was given? Maybe people would give more serious suggestions if you first put some effort into making your story more believable?

Originally Posted by pking0317
The first one...didn't look totalled, but the body shop didn't have the equipment to fix the car so the insurance company decided to consider it totalled....The second one i believe has more damage than the first turbo i crashed so i assume its gonna be totalled....My first turbo was silver and my second turbo is black.....haven't had a chance to take any pictures of the second turbo....since its right now stored some where hella far from where i live because the insurance company doesn't want to pay storage free...Right now im thinking about getting a white or yellow turbo....by the way none of this is bull****, if u dont believe me just ignore the post instead of making stupid comments.....i was just wondering if ppl can give me any suggestions as to what other cars are worth buying.....I was also thinking about getting the RS8.....but it would be a downgrade

Last edited by cannga; 07-17-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Cannga, second, third and fourth that

Mike

Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
15 days after your 1st post & the insurance company hasn't made a decision yet? That happens in days & only if you don't agree with their evaluation does it take longer.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
sentipede is infamous around these parts
someone has already crashed a white one...

Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
ouuchh!!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
maybe can sell him the stock front bumper

Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 AM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
I took the Porsche School 2 day course and learned how to drive my car plus had the most fun since I was 16 and in the back seat of my dad 's car with Susie Babe.

Originally Posted by Sloopy
2nd that.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:38 PM
kris is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sentipede
someone has already crashed a white one...

This is the best P crash on the site

Car:
2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Description:
A friend of the owner's son stole the keys to this Porsche and went for a joy ride while drunk. A cop tried to pull him over and he fled, heading down an alley and slamming into a palm tree at 35 mph. Coconuts fell into the back seat of the car.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Fat11 is infamous around these parts
Pking,

You would not have been trying to race down Linda Vista, now would you? Your "incidents" are very common among those who buy from Rusnak and believe that they can handle the speed navigating Linda Vista.

For those of you not familiar with Rusnak, this is a high line dealer in Pasadena, CA. Linda Vista is a street near the dealership where test drives are held. After purchasing a vehicle from the dealership, many new owners try to tackle Linda Vista alone, only to return to the dealer with on a flatbed.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:05 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Get a Merc G wagon or an H1, try totalling them
Or...be a bit more cautious on the road, even if you're not at fault, an accident can still kill you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crashed my second 997 turbo