997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:29 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Eric - if my car was on shipment 7/2 - I am in ATL, GA. Where would the likely location of delivery be? Houston?

Thanks.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
08 944 is infamous around these parts08 944 is infamous around these parts
Tracking your new car

Give me the VIN# of the car and I will track it for you.
I can then tell you what day it was loaded on the vessel, then it should, weather permiting only be about 10 days on the water. When it gets to the port it generally takes a couple of days to go through customs and for them to print the window sticker. What I do not know is how long it will take from that port to your dealer on a transport. Generally the trucks are lined up to pick up the incoming ship's vehicles. Porsche gives us a schedule as to when the vessels will be docking and when they left.

Call me if you wish. I will be here at the dealership until 7pm EST.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:58 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Thank you. I left the VIN at work. I will give you a shout. I was hoping my dealer would know but he was out today and he knows I am waiting for some info.

Once again thank you for all the great info everyone is posting up!!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Baltimore is port for NY cars. Transport to NY could take 2-3 days from port delivery.
so assuming all goes well, I should get the car mid next week?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Eric - if my car was on shipment 7/2 - I am in ATL, GA. Where would the likely location of delivery be? Houston?

Thanks.
Your car is on the Rio Grande.

Most likely Brunswick, 7/15 port arrival (estimated). That would be this coming Sunday. Then a couple of days for PDI/Customs/etc, and on a truck to Atlanta. Should have it by the middle of next week. And if you have a savvy dealer, they should send an enclosed transport to pick it up for you, rather than wait for the zig-zag train of trucks that go all over the southeast.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SG
so assuming all goes well, I should get the car mid next week?
Should be off the boat by Saturday and through inspections. Then it's on a truck to NY by Sun/Mon, at dealer Tues/Weds. Then prep, take your money, drool, etc.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Fast_Bubba is infamous around these parts
Got mine @ 1 1/2 weeks ago. Amazingly it took 2 weeks from going on the boat in Germany till it arrived in my garage. My salesman kept me informed at each step of production and transportation without my asking and by email. By the way, mine is Meteor Grey with Natural Dark Grey Leather interior and PCCB. You're going to love the combination.

Robert

Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fast_Bubba
Got mine @ 1 1/2 weeks ago. Amazingly it took 2 weeks from going on the boat in Germany till it arrived in my garage. My salesman kept me informed at each step of production and transportation without my asking and by email. By the way, mine is Meteor Grey with Natural Dark Grey Leather interior and PCCB. You're going to love the combination.

Robert
Sounds like we ordered the same car! I can't wait. Do you love it???

Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fast Bubba pics please

Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Fast_Bubba is infamous around these parts
I'll work on it.

Robert
2003 996 GT2 - Gone
2003 SL55 - Gone

Last edited by Fast_Bubba; 07-10-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Thank you Eric for the update. You were spot on. My sales guy was sick and came into work and confirmed your findings!

Now the waiting on the wheels will kill me. haha

Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 PM
SG
Update!

From the DEALER...

At the PORT today. I would expect it to be loaded on a truck and I will get a call. Figure you will be driving this next week. I would hope it will show Monday-Tuesday. They will get a heads up from the truck when they are close.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Wooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo

I can't wait to rip on this car! (errrrrr I mean drive it very carefully bro )

Old 07-13-2007, 05:27 PM
hatchback is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know if the Rio Grande made it to Baltimore? Did anyone on the East Coast get their car off the Rio Grande yet?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:35 PM
It's at port!!

Here is the email I got from my dealer..

"The Rio Grande must have an extra motor on board! That ship smoked across the Atlantic and is sitting at port as I speak. Your new Turbo is becoming a US Citizen today. I will let you know when I see another change. I hope you are excited you are only a few days away from your new 911 Turbo!"

congrats on yours as well!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????