997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
According to the dealer, I should have mine Tues-Wed...then it's in the shop for cargraphic, dension, 3M

Old 07-13-2007, 05:45 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats SG!! - I have to wait for wheels about 4 weeks but I will have Eibach or H&R springs and then wait for the Bilsteins PSS9's to come in. I wanted TechArt springs but they don't lower the car more than 20mm.(unless someone wants to chime in). I wanted about an inch 25mm.

I am ordering the dension as well from Eric the plug guy Great guy to speak with as well. Thanks for the info Eric!!

Debating on the film for the car. I like the feel of paint! I might regret it but I am not sure of it right now.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:29 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Sounds great! You can always remove the film if you dont like it.

Which wheels are you going with?

Old 07-14-2007, 08:42 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I am going for the 20" Work Wheel Brombacher with bright silver center which is the Speedart Cross Mesh wheel you have seen here on the Speedart car posted by the swedish poster. He has graphite.

I really wanted a 12 inch rear and Champions didn't make them in the 20's. I got a great price on them and they are ordered. I was thinking of painting the centers in meteor/seal grey but decided to stick with silver for now.

Lots of posting pics soon for a few member it seems!! Congrats too all that takes delivery in the next couple of weeks.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Congrats SG!! -

Debating on the film for the car. I like the feel of paint! I might regret it but I am not sure of it right now.
I always felt the same way as you. I'm one of those "sicko's" who like the feel of paint. I had Detailing dynamics do my car and it is amazing. I had originally planned on doing the front bumper, wheel arches, side panels, lights, etc. and when I dropped off the car I decided to do half hood (I like paint too much to do the whole thing ). Anyway, the line is only visible at certain angles and i'm glad I did it. The car will get trashed eventually.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:16 AM
E55AMG - I am thinking about half hood but the problem I have is that I recently had two white cars using very good protective 3m film and it still showed up and the lines where it ended were a Bi*ch to clean. I had to get it detailed out. It was a pain but it did give me some peace of mind. I am on the fence still.

Oh the drama!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:11 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
What about just doing the nose? I hate the look of the line acoss the hood.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
What about just doing the nose? I hate the look of the line acoss the hood.
That is what I have been considering and just live with the hood not being protected. I know I could just cover everything up but that would be **** and it would make me feel like I just put a rubber on the car. Just doesn't feel the same.

The nose will probably be the choice or just go at it bare and live with the consequences.

Did you cover your nose only or you have the line?

Old 07-14-2007, 11:40 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
No Dude I'm going commando!

I'll probably get a leather bra for track/trips, that's what I did on the 996. But just doing the nose might be the best solution.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:32 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
E55AMG - I am thinking about half hood but the problem I have is that I recently had two white cars using very good protective 3m film and it still showed up and the lines where it ended were a Bi*ch to clean. I had to get it detailed out. It was a pain but it did give me some peace of mind. I am on the fence still.

Oh the drama!
When you wax it you have to tape off the line or it will become a mess.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
When you wax it you have to tape off the line or it will become a mess.
^Too much of a hassle for me.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 PM
hatchback is infamous around these parts
Good news! My car, which was on the 7/2 Rio Grande to Baltimore, arrived at the dealer today and will be ready for pickup on Tuesday.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
LOL Dude, it takes about 30 seconds to run a piece of tape across the line.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:05 PM
SG
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Was your car in East Hampton this weekend? Yellow belts and dials?

Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Finally a thread where it sounds like people know answers! I don't have a TT, but my GT3 completion date is July 18th. Which is like 3 days from now. My dealer said it takes about 1 and 1/2 weeks for the car to be loaded on a ship from Germany? is that right? I was hoping its more like the next day! Does anyone know how long from the completion date it takes to get on a ship? I am having to many sleepless nights already!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????