997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????

Guys,

The dealer told me my car is on vessle. When asked about tracking, this is what they told me:

It takes about two weeks to get to us here. I do not know the name of the boat, nor have tracking information for the boat. When it arrives and passes inspection, I will let you know and then they will call when the truck is coming and I will let you know. That is ALL I can do.

How can I track my car, guys?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:50 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Eric from BumperPlugs knows haow to track the cars, PM him maybe?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
thanks...sent him an email...this is BS

Old 07-03-2007, 09:34 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Sales guy is being a dick, they just need to click on the next screen that gives all the info you need, unless the system is down...highly unlikely. Call the GM if you wanna go that far, but you're the one spending 130 k, not him, so he should be kissing your *** instead of giving test drives to tire kickers looking at a boxster!
Mine took 5 days to cross, hit baltimore on wed nite, dealer thursday, had it friday am.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
SG
maybe I should forward him to this post

Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
No, man don't get me involved!

Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
SG
You'll have to give me your car then.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
forward my post then - Sales guy is being a dick. Tell him to get off his lazy *** and get the info. for you. He should know the name of the boat, when it left, and expected arrival date. as it gets closer, he should then tell you if it's early, late, or on time. If he doesn't know how, ask someone.

If you really want to **** him off get the info. from another dealer and tell him "forget it, got it from someone else". try the dutchguy here.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
I was amazed how they could track these cars. He's a ******bag...

Old 07-03-2007, 11:42 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
You Must forward him this thread!
Then please post his reply after you take delivery of course

Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
12007tt is infamous around these parts
The salesman Emailed me the ships landing date (7/7/07) for my TT last week. I didn't even ask! K

Old 07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Old 07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
OCPorsche is infamous around these parts
I work here at a Porsche dealership and takes only a few days to get the ETA to the port as well as the name of the ship once its put on the water. I can follow the process of a car being built but I can not pinpoint the location of the ship while its coming over. If anyone knows how to my customers would be VERY appriciative!

It takes about 3 1/2 weeks to come into the port in San Diego give or take a little depending on weather...etc. I have gotten cars as soon as 2 days after it lands at the port and I have also had cars there for just about a month before we got them. Depending on how backed up the port is and also (gulp) if there is any port damage to the car.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Old 07-03-2007, 09:24 PM
SG
This is hysterical. I am dying to get the info before the dealer does. What I got from them today is an order reference # and that it is on vessel as of 7/2. Now what? No f'in boat name or otherwise. I think it comes into Baltmore. I need a drink.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????