997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car On Vessel But Dealer Says He Can't Track????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Mine was completed on 6/27/07 and was on the ship 7/02/07 and has arrived in port 7/12 and has its sticker 7/13 and should be shipped out 7/16 - 7/17 to me within about 3 days if not sooner.

Wish you the best on your GT3!!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Car arrived from 6/27/07 Build to 7/16/07 Delivery!!

Well I guess they really hauled the car down. It arrived early this AM and it being prepped. Yes I know some of you don't like Dealer Detailers But this guy is good and I saw them prep a black one and they took their time and it was flawless. So I trust them - for now

Will take pictures soon. They are also putting the Euro markers on now. I was going to order them from Eric but they had them there for 2 bucks more.

Got to place my Dension order from him.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Mine was completed on 6/27/07 and was on the ship 7/02/07 and has arrived in port 7/12 and has its sticker 7/13 and should be shipped out 7/16 - 7/17 to me within about 3 days if not sooner.

Wish you the best on your GT3!!
Thanks! I was told the factory closes July 20th, so it looks like they tried to get mine done before then. Hopefully they will get mine on the boat quicker if they are trying to leave!

Good luck with your TT! Did you get it yet?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes I picked it up on at 4:00pm EST today. They did a great job on the detailing and the whole process was as painless as it can be.

Hennessey Porsche was excellent throughout the whole process. Not like the problems I had with the other dealership If you live in ATL, GA you know who I am talking about. No need to bash them - I gave them hell in 01 for my lemon Turbo then

I will take pictures over the weekend or sooner if time allows for a few good pictures. I am ordering the silver hood crest from Eric tomorrow as well as the Dension Unit Gateway 500. I have been swamped and haven't had time.

Mercedes - I hope you get yours soon!! I am sure you are excited as well.

P.S. It is hard to not rev past 4.5K RPM's. Very hard. Also took me a few to get used to the lighter clutch. It doesn't give you a good sense of the catch point of the clutch initially but I got it down after a little while.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Yes I picked it up on at 4:00pm EST today. They did a great job on the detailing and the whole process was as painless as it can be.

Hennessey Porsche was excellent throughout the whole process. Not like the problems I had with the other dealership If you live in ATL, GA you know who I am talking about. No need to bash them - I gave them hell in 01 for my lemon Turbo then

I will take pictures over the weekend or sooner if time allows for a few good pictures. I am ordering the silver hood crest from Eric tomorrow as well as the Dension Unit Gateway 500. I have been swamped and haven't had time.

Mercedes - I hope you get yours soon!! I am sure you are excited as well.

P.S. It is hard to not rev past 4.5K RPM's. Very hard. Also took me a few to get used to the lighter clutch. It doesn't give you a good sense of the catch point of the clutch initially but I got it down after a little while.
Congrats! Was it worth the wait? How do you like it? even though you need to break it in. I am sure you were real excited! I honestly can't stop thinking of mine all day!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 AM
It was worth the little wait I was very fortunate that I placed my order two weeks before the build date of June 27th and I was able to change almost everything about that car. It was a stock car in black and I changed it to my specs and even was able to add a few things once it was in locked. The dealership came through when I didn't think they could make the changes. I had a chance on the car about two weeks earlier but I was on the fence about the GT3 or the Turbo. It came down to every day driveability with hardly any track time so the Turbo won out. They called and said we can change it and everyone said they couldn't since they had a production date. But - I am driving the proof that they can change it once put into production.

I really enjoy it but as you said until break in which I will give it 200 miles I will keep the rpms down.

Where in Florida are you located? I have two brothers in Tampa.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
The first time I drove the new TT I felt like a novice even tho I have been driving 911 s for 12 years

The clutch was so different I had problems getting the car going. Very embarasssing leaving the dealership. I am used to it now,, its easy to drive and clutch. Takes a while to adapt.

RPMs,,, impossible to keep under 4500. I had it up to 6500 yesterday.

I have 1100 miles on the car now,, its broken in as far as I am concerned.

Don

Old 07-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Cabman - you went 1100 miles before the 4500 break? I broke it a little yesterday already just a little

I plan on maybe 200-300 miles and thats it!

I am good with the clutch today.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
I know my dealer reads this board so I wont admit that on day ONE,, when getting on the ramp to I 95 just to get the car going,, i "accidentally" got the rpms up to 6,000,,, just a mistake,, lol

I have been alternating the rpms as I drive and not keeping it at a certain level very long.

I went thru Ocala Forest on Rt 40,, sounded exciting but it was boring,, straight roads and lots of LE (feds), 45 to 55 mph for 30 miles, lots of tourists.

I wouldnt worry abt babying the TT for too many miles. Once I get 900 more miles, watch out,, it will all be redline starts for me. Thats why I bought this beauty.

I actually hated the clutch for a few days and even first to second was thumpy,,, but now its a cake walk.

Good luck breaking her in Alpine. Its the most fun Ive ever had in a car,, well, as a teen I did have my fun in the old Impala,, lol But this is good fun too and alone!!!

TT Man

Old 07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
LOL too funny. Accidently? hmm mine too was accidental!

The thumping even happens in low rpms in 5th gear if you release the clutch too fast. My other Manuals as well as my 01 turbo didn't do that.

Boring drive at Ocala - I am familiar with it. I went to school in Tampa, FL. Been all over the place down there.

Aliigator Ally at 160mph was a thrill. I was following a V12 CL600 in my M5 last year and boy was that crazy!! He had more ***** than me - he got up to about 180 and I just slowed down thinking all i need is a deer or alligator to cross my path at that speed.

The old Impala - didn't we all have one of them?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
It was worth the little wait I was very fortunate that I placed my order two weeks before the build date of June 27th and I was able to change almost everything about that car. It was a stock car in black and I changed it to my specs and even was able to add a few things once it was in locked. The dealership came through when I didn't think they could make the changes. I had a chance on the car about two weeks earlier but I was on the fence about the GT3 or the Turbo. It came down to every day driveability with hardly any track time so the Turbo won out. They called and said we can change it and everyone said they couldn't since they had a production date. But - I am driving the proof that they can change it once put into production.

I really enjoy it but as you said until break in which I will give it 200 miles I will keep the rpms down.

Where in Florida are you located? I have two brothers in Tampa.
That's great! Sounds like you like it. I don't give my GT3 more then a 200 mile break in either!

I was a day away from ordering a Turbo until my dealer called and said they got one more GT3 allication. I still love the Turbo though.

I am in South Florida, Ft. Lauderdale Area.

Speaking of the clutch. The dealer obviously didn't have a GT3 when I ordered mine, so I just wanted to drive a 997 for fun, so they took me out in a Carrera S even though its a lot different then the GT3. Well, I am use to a really hard cluth from my Viper, but the Carrera S was so easy, i found myself not knowing where it engages, also the clutch travel was much shorter then i am use to. After a few minutes i got use to it, then of course i thought to soon and jinxed it and i stalled when the traffic light turned green and lots of cars were honking at me! lol

The GT3 from what i hear has a harder clutch from the Carrera S and Turbo. I am sure it will still take some getting use to for me.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Ok, need help from the experts. Let me know your opinions.

My GT3 was completed on the 18th, i got the VIN # etc... My salesmen said the Porsche Factory closes on July 20th for one month! He said, he THINKS my car should get broght to the boat even though they are on vacation. BUT he said it is possible it is done sitting in the Porsche parking lot and will not ship for one month until they get back?!??!?!?! Someone please tell me they will be shipping my car even though they are closing today.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Factory closes for month of August. Your car, if completed, moves through other channels to get to port. You should not see any delay, just a manufacturing holiday.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Factory closes for month of August. Your car, if completed, moves through other channels to get to port. You should not see any delay, just a manufacturing holiday.
Thank you! I was hoping you were actually the one who would answer!

Now I suppose I can sleep a bit better. Does anything close July 20th? why was my salesmen so confident the 20th they left for vacation?

Old 07-21-2007, 05:39 AM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
Mine was completed July 11th and last I heard, it's still waiting to get on the boat. This wait is killing me. Eric's reply makes me feel a lot better!