997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Whats up with passenger window - 1-touch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
WetTT is infamous around these parts
Whats up with passenger window - 1-touch?

So, I complained to dealer that the 1-touch function for the passenger window works intermittantly - the service advisor says it only works after half up - this supposedly prevents one from accidently jamming someone or something - why not just a sensor? Are all Porsches like this?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WetTT
So, I complained to dealer that the 1-touch function for the passenger window works intermittantly - the service advisor says it only works after half up - this supposedly prevents one from accidently jamming someone or something - why not just a sensor? Are all Porsches like this?
mine was like that. they told me the same thing. i still dont believe it...

Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Mine does the same thing. I just thought it was a POS problem...

Old 07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
It's in the Owners Manual - passenger side is one touch up only after window is past about the halfway mark.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
damn manuals.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It's in the Owners Manual - passenger side is one touch up only after window is past about the halfway mark.
The owners whosawatchamacallit?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The 996tt wasn't that way? Some idiot get hurt in a 996tt so they had to change it for the 997?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
My 997S was the same way - it's pretty stupid... Even my RS4 has all 4 windows one-touch up or down.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:24 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
So does my Lexus SC430 and BMW 335.....

I still have my old 81 VW Caddy with the crank thou......

Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
that's one of the things I don't like in 997s

Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
It's in the manual.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
njcycleguy is infamous around these parts
My 997 does it too and it is completely annoying. Everyone who tries it says that my window is broke. When I tell them it's "by design", they laugh.

My guess was that Porsche's supplier shipped them a few thousand faulty one touch modules in the first batch of 997's and instead of replacing them, Porsche just said, "hey Deter, tell the supplier to make them all like that from now on, make note of it in the manual and we call it a day, eh?"

Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if it even hurts to get your hand stuck in the window

Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
that's one of the things I don't like in 997s
me too!!!! I hate the 1/2 touch!!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:28 AM
bluesea is infamous around these partsbluesea is infamous around these parts
I wonder if it's possible to rig a driver's door electronic piece in place of the one in the passenger door. I might look into it.

I just thought about counting to 4 or 5 when I press the switch instead of looking at the window.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats up with passenger window - 1-touch?