997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Taking a survey regarding the stock suspension on the 997 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:41 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I just spoke to H&R about their just released coilovers for the 997 Turbo. They will not make a PASM enabled coilover because they feel that with the coilover system there is not point since it is already damper/rebound set from H&R - so the PASM is redundant.

It is only height adjustable.

The question I pose is this( sorry if I sound like a noob ):

PASM "stiffens" the settings of the shock setup correct? So if you get a damper/rebound capable coilover why would you need PASM? Since you are dialing in the "adjustments" then why the need to change it with PASM?

Just a newbie posing this question for those who are guru's or more of an expert than I.

Thank you.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Just got done with a DE at Pocono, I experienced no high speed issues lap after lap at up to 148 mph in the red group. My car is stone cold stock with the factory alignment. Very different than the 996TT/4s awd setup, better, more rw biased, just takes some getting used to that's all.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Just got done with a DE at Pocono, I experienced no high speed issues lap after lap at up to 148 mph in the red group. My car is stone cold stock with the factory alignment. Very different than the 996TT/4s awd setup, better, more rw biased, just takes some getting used to that's all.
Interesting Chris, you never felt the steering go light on you or the front/rear of the car get squirmy when you really push it hard? I must say this, ever since my second alignment (adding some more toe to the rear wheels) the problem is much better. I took the car up to 140+ and it tracked perfectly straight with no alignment issues but it feels too "floaty" to me like something about the car makes the steering feel vague and not direct. Maybe its because I am used to the 997S which felt more "planted" at that speed or maybe I just need to get use to this new AWD setup? At least at the track the pavement is flat so you don't have to deal with irregularities as much. Good to hear that there are no issues for you Chris. Drive safely.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Only slightly 'floaty' with the non sport mode with a high speed righthander, otherwise fine, esp in sport mode. The only limiting factor, limiting my entry speed into corners, were the street tires. In the straights, it flat hauled ***, no instability whatsoever. If I had cups and a more aggressive alignment nobody would have been near me in the straights or twisties. I checked my alignment before I went, left it at the stock specs(-.4 fr cbr/0 rear toe). By the last session in the red/black group I was running with a bunch of race cars practicing for the enduro, trust me to keep up I had to push it very hard....it held it's own against a lot of pure badass track beasts. If I told you the cars that I was passing, you wouldn't believe me.
The awd system is very rear biased and takes some getting used to, much superior to my 996c4s, awd/x73 in every respect.
I'll try and post a nice video in a couple of days, gotta sort out my new camera.
C