997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fan on after parked and car turned off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:26 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Fan on after parked and car turned off?

Is it normal for the fan to come on after parked and car turned off. A few times I'm parked the car in the garage, locked it up .. go back 10 or 20 minutes later and hear a fan blowing, normal?

Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 PM
JasonJ is infamous around these parts
Perfectly normal. The fan stays running to cool the engine even after you've shut it off and removed the key.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:52 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Yes, mine does it all the time, I assumed it was Ferrys' ghost.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Yes its totally normal and its a sign that you have driven her properly! The best is when all the fans kick in ( the ones in the front + the one in the engine dept) I love that sound! I think the car must be running to hear that symphony. Just let it idle and step outside, you'll know what I mean.

Last edited by gradyex; 07-21-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:35 AM
davyr6 is infamous around these parts
it s normal
that s on every car

Old 07-22-2007, 05:21 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Is it normal for my car to keep running, drive itself to Starbucks, order a venti double mocha with skinny milk, pick up hookers, and then go to a club, after I pull the key out?

Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tblackj
Is it normal for my car to keep running, drive itself to Starbucks, order a venti double mocha with skinny milk, pick up hookers, and then go to a club, after I pull the key out?
Thats a US standard option .. RoW cars pick up laundry and groceries.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:32 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mishref
Thats a US standard option .. RoW cars pick up laundry and groceries.
I wonder if I could get a grey market Euro module for mine. The hookers are starting to get expensive...

Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tblackj
Starbucks and hookers in Arkansas? What's the world coming to??

Old 07-22-2007, 08:17 AM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Starbucks and hookers in Arkansas? What's the world coming to??
It all started when Bill returned home from the White House.....he needed someone else to do instead of Monica.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
HAHA -- Hookers in Arkansas? I hope they are not related to each other working the same house corner.

I used to live in Tulsa - so I guess I can't say much.

When I went the grocery store the other day after I locked the doors and I was walking away some people told me that my car was still on when they heard the fans running. I was like no thats normal and they said well I hope your battery doesn't get drained.

I forgot the Starbucks option!!!

Old 07-22-2007, 10:14 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Appreciate the feedback - I've not observed the car go to Starbuck's and have a night out on the town, but I do a fair amount of traveling and I could of sworn I saw it going south the other day (I was going north in the Audi) -- explains it!

Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
If the fan stays on too long it might be some sort of snafu with a relay. I had it on my car. Otherwise, it's normal, it's, as stated, for cooling the engine.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
JoshBsZ is infamous around these parts
normal. fan is on a temp switch

Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
There are certain 997s that were issued a bulletin that removes the early stage of the fan to keep it from coming on too often and killing the battery when sitting in a hot garage, even if the car has not been started. Not sure if this was all of them, or just how many were affected.