997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ventureshield on white

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Ventureshield on white

Does anyone have any pictures of a film applied to a white car? I'm thinking about Ventureshield and was curious about how noticeable it would be on white....I'm also concearned about yellowing, but they offer a lifetime guarantee against yellowing. I was quoted about $700 for a front end package, plus the mirrors.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:49 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Thats cheap. If you can do the custom whole front end (complete hood, side fenders, front bumper, and mirrors). Costs run about $2k but its worth it. I took my car to Premier in Fremont to have it done and seriously, you cant tell that anything has been done to it, also no visable seems. They removed the lights, badge, etc and wraped the plastic around the edges so it is not visable. Its already paid off and I am taking in to Sammy next week to fix a small tear because of a rock. The paint is still good under it. I am also having him do a window tint. My last 997S (about 3 years old) did yellow a bit but thats because I waxed it with a product that had yellow dye in it ( a no no). It was 3M not Ventureshield and you could see a line on the hood because I did not install a full front kit. You must follow the rules to a tee if you want the plastic to not yellow, especially keeping it clean. You should get a can of plastic spray used to keep it clean before every wash. Here is a photo of my car and the damage a rock can do.

Last edited by gradyex; 07-21-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
holy, i didnt realize that a rock could take that big of a chunk out of the ventureshield. So far no holes on mine. Thanks for the pics!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Actually, I really don't know what hit it but I assume it was a rock. Neither I nor my girlfriend who was in the passenger seat the day it happened heard anything but when I arrived home and washed my car I found it. It wasn't there the day before because I did a quick detail on it the night before and would have seen it.The ventureshield is pretty thick and it could have been worse? Next week it will be repaired at Premier.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:34 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Gradyex - wow that paid off!!! Close call - looks like it held up. I am still going naked on the protection film. I want ventureshield and will try to find a place in the ATL, GA area to install it. So far no luck. They have 3M at the dealership but I want Ventureshield from everything that I have read. I am thinking of just the nose and side mirrors only. No hood.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 PM
pc1
pc1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gradyex

Beautiful photo. Have any more similar to this?

Old 07-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
They can't spot repair it, can they? I would think they must replace the whole section. How do they do it? TIA

Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the info. Gradyex, do you use a "plastic spray" in between washes, or intead of a car wash to clean the film?

Old 07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes I bought 3 cans from Premier because I doubt you will find the product that easily in an auto store. Using the spray in between washes is the key to keeping the plastic from yellowing. Also never use any automotive waxes/sealers with yellow dye in it. It did a number on my 3M only 3 years old (2005 997S) and if I had white as my ext. color i would have removed it or replaced it.

I will let you know what they do repairing it. Have an appointment this Saturday at Premier. I assume the entire lower piece has to be changed or maybe they can cut a small piece of film and patch it but if its obvious I won't go that route. If you live in the Bay Area and use 101 North of Marin county watch out because there is a lot of construction going on repairing and expanding the lanes all the way up to Petaluma. My guess was it happened in that area.

I have more photos like that (took it at the Legion of Honor in SF) and when I have more time I will post them.

Last edited by gradyex; 07-22-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Gradyex - wow that paid off!!! Close call - looks like it held up. I am still going naked on the protection film. I want ventureshield and will try to find a place in the ATL, GA area to install it. So far no luck. They have 3M at the dealership but I want Ventureshield from everything that I have read. I am thinking of just the nose and side mirrors only. No hood.
Smart move! Except i highly reccomend the front hood be completely covered! Its so vulnerable to chipping I hope you change your mind. The day I bought my car I got a small chip on my hood driving it home. I had to wait a week for the install so I stayed away from freeways with the exception of going to Fremont to install it. Guess what? Picked another small chip on the hood on that trip. Thats the kind of luck I have. They are very minor but it adds up and before you know it you have the "sandblast" look.

Last edited by gradyex; 07-22-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by pc1
Beautiful photo. Have any more similar to this?
Here are a few more i rounded up:

Old 07-24-2007, 07:28 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FSU-997TT
Does anyone have any pictures of a film applied to a white car? I'm thinking about Ventureshield and was curious about how noticeable it would be on white....I'm also concearned about yellowing, but they offer a lifetime guarantee against yellowing. I was quoted about $700 for a front end package, plus the mirrors.
FSU,

Take a look at my post from yesterday eve. My car has a whole body wrap.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 AM
EliteConsulting is infamous around these parts
Here's a couple of white cars that I've installed VentureShield film on:

Old 07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Looks great, can't even tell. Thanks.