997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Someone hit my car in the parking garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Someone hit my car in the parking garage

So I was in Walnut Creek on Saturday, doing some shopping. The metered parking and outside lots were full so I proceeded to park in the garage. Found a great corner spot and thought I was safe. I come back 3 hours later to find someone hit my rear bumper. It was like a pretty bad scrape across the rear driver's side corner of the bumper. I filed a report with security and they said they would review the tapes to see what they could find and call me. I had my whole car clear bra'd by Premier Protective Films in Fremont earlier in the year and I figured I would have to replace the bumper and get the rear bumper redone. I just had the film peeled off the bumper to inspect the damage. The car is completely unharmed! Sorry for the lengthy post, I'm just so surprise that there's not a scratch on the bumper to speak of. It would have easily been upwards of $6-7k to replace the rear bumper, not to mention the added headache of the car being at the body shop for a week and whatever depreciation. +1 Premier in Fremont.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Nice one...I dont think a replacement would have been necc it probably would have required paint..clear bra is not going to prevent a dent it will prevent a limited scratch...

Old 07-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Paint matching may have been an issue especially on white.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Damn...that is fantastic! Glad it worked out for you. Paint matching white is not so bad, it's the material differences between the urethane bumper and metal side panels that is the tougher issue.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm just glad I don't have to be without my turbo. I have an appointment on Thursday to get the rear bumper clear bra'd again.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
Any pics of what it looked like before you peeled of the clearbra?

Old 07-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I wish I had taken it dammit.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
premier is so good for that reason Good for you!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Lucky for being unlucky...

Old 07-30-2007, 04:35 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lager99
Lucky for being unlucky...
Pretty much sums it up...

Glad nothing happened to the car

Old 07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. It made me feel like I shouldn't drive the turbo as much, but I bought so that I could drive it everywhere. That's why I didn't buy the Gallardo or other Italian. What's worse, the ***** that hit me placed a large Budweiser can in front of the damaged area as a finishing touch.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hussain
Thanks for the kind words guys. It made me feel like I shouldn't drive the turbo as much, but I bought so that I could drive it everywhere. That's why I didn't buy the Gallardo or other Italian. What's worse, the ***** that hit me placed a large Budweiser can in front of the damaged area as a finishing touch.
are u freaking serious??? i also had some bad experiences in walnut creek, that place sucks.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Yea it was pretty ridiculous. It was crazy, I saw 2 Gallardo's, 1 Murci, and some 360's in the same area. That's ok, I believe in Karma, they'll get theirs.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hussain
What's worse, the ***** that hit me placed a large Budweiser can in front of the damaged area as a finishing touch.
WTF? What a total a$$hat. Good to hear that the paint protection film saved your bumper. Ventureshield?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
OMFS27 is infamous around these parts
I'm in that area quite a bit...I thought Walnut Creek was a nicer part of the bay area

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my car in the parking garage