997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

latest mods - GP7 wheels, TA springs, painted lowers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Yank the front plate assy and get some pulg's and Clear markers from Eric

Bulb's from Hoen-usa.com

Cheers !

Gee-Bee

Old 08-02-2007, 12:28 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
It should have come like this from the factory. The more I look at the SY with the graphite wheels the more I love it!!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE

Bulb's from Hoen-usa.com

Cheers !

Gee-Bee
What he said and Yellow Calipers.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
ThaWeezord is infamous around these parts
love it!! the painting sets it off!!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
Looks good, like the wheels with the yellow.

MB

Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
I usually dont like the painted lowers, but that color with those wheels and the drop looks badass

Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM
golfguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
That looks simply awesome Henry! The graphite wheels on the yellow are sextacular!!!
Eugene, thanks for all your contributions on the forums. your reviews of aftermarket parts gave me the confidence to modify my tt. otherwise, i'd still be stock.

Originally Posted by eclou
It should have come like this from the factory. The more I look at the SY with the graphite wheels the more I love it!!
do i see a sy 997gt2 in your future? graphite and sy go great together. a matt finish would have been perfect but gloss looks good as well.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Looks awesome Henry!! BTW, I guess you won the wheels race! I'm being told mid August.
Chris, i'm still missing the color matching wheel caps. you may still win the race.

when do you get your baby back?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Great choice on the mods, your car looks great!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by N2it
Ok that kicks ***! "Amazing and simple tranformation that is perfect." It's aggresive and classy all in one. Nice work Henry.

Thats it, I'm going back. Parts will be in the F/S section.
Winson, don't change a thing. your car looks great ... mine pales by comparison ... except for the "brighter" color.

thanks for the springs (and compliments). the springs are super and really improve the handling of the tt.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by terrence
How has the painted front lip been after the lowering? I want to lower mine but my front lip is already slightly touching the curb when I exit my driveway no matter how sharp an angle I use. Any sharper and my right rear would be on the pavement and come off the curb which would be even worse.
Terrence, so far no issues with the painted spoiler, although i can hear the rubber piece in front of the (front) wheels scape ocassionally. the TA springs and pasm are stiffen up compression of the shocks so scraping due to sudden compression is reduced.

you still need to be careful on dips and changes in approach angle (eg. raised driveways). however, i have an extra painted chin spoiler, as well as, cosmetic repair supplies like tins of touchup paint and wet-dry sandpaper as a precautionary measure. i'm also getting 2 sets of eclou's chaeapart splitter.

if you are concerned about showing scapes on the painted spoiler, consider leaving the bottom 1/2" unpainted. your paintshop will love you as there are less paint flaws to buff out. also get the cheapart splitters.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
Nicely done, good color combo.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Definitely an improvement. What color are the wheels? Did you order them direct from Champion?
the gp7 wheels are custom made for PES through champion. contact "tony - pes" here on 6speedonline.

the wheels are a glossy graphite in color. you should be aware that painted caps do not come with the wheels so you should make arrangements to purchase them with the wheels or send yours in for painting.

here's a link to one of tony's postings on the wheels. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=90061

btw, the wheels are top quality and lightweight (around 20 and 22#). they are more aggressive than most of the aftermarket 997 widebody wheels so they fill the wheelwells perfectly.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 PM
turbo187, blkonblk06, master jcp, DJ, JL993, Mike2727, MeanMachine, daedalus, brownan, ThaWeezord, MBRP, WTRacing, NAPO, SOCal955 ...
thanks for all your compliments.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE

Bulb's from Hoen-usa.com

Cheers !

Gee-Bee
Originally Posted by Hussain
What he said and Yellow Calipers.
somebody at work put a TypeR logo on my windshield today. i wouldn't want reinforce the R theme but i am going with clear side markers and will be tinting the markers and front led lights.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: latest mods - GP7 wheels, TA springs, painted lowers