997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997tt - 0 Gt500 - 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Nickoz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PbPedis
Come on man, you're trolling a Porsche site. Quit while you're ahead because you're going to get torn apart in here.

BTW, I'm not talking about street racing a TT on a road with a curve . I'm talking a real race on a road course. I'll bet money on the Porsche.
Ditto. You'd be better off trying to peddle your amateur fiction on a forum where people are more gullible.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dgussin1
trolling? umm. I have 1000 posts here and have been a member for over 3 years. I hang out with your administrator on occasion.

I posted a ****ing kill story, and some of you can't just say nice kill. Jeez. The 996tt forum has much cooler people.
That's because nobody likes it when you go into a forum and post a kill story about their brand of car. It's human nature. Go do the same on a Z06/Viper/whatever forum and you'll get the same response.

[soapbox]Street racing is for idiots[/soapbox]

Old 08-09-2007, 10:57 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nickoz
Ditto. You'd be better off trying to peddle your amateur fiction on a forum where people are more gullible.
lol. NEWB take your 19 posts and go shove them up your ***.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...78016aede5.htm

Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by PbPedis
That's because nobody likes it when you go into a forum and post a kill story about their brand of car. It's human nature. Go do the same on a Z06/Viper/whatever forum and you'll get the same response.

[soapbox]Street racing is for idiots[/soapbox]
I don't recall the svt boards hating on Craig (996TT w/ 900+bhp) when he came and posted kills on svt vehicles.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Here's the BEST Mustang vs Porsche race I've seen:
http://video.google.com/url?docid=35...85JxB8Hb3h9eVw

Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Which pulley are you using and what software? Stock injectors handling it or changing those too. Your traps are great. The main problem with the stang is the poor aero drag, which is why the Z06 and a stock TT would take you at higher speeds. A stock TT takes the Z06 somewhere around 170-180mph.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Nickoz is infamous around these parts
lol. NEWB take your 19 posts and go shove them up your ***.
Hey, insults and expletives aside I'm sure you're a nice guy. Sincere apologies if I upset you, and for being a "NEWB", but we all gotta start some time haven't we?

Enjoy your car in good health and stay safe!

Last edited by Nickoz; 08-10-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
Which pulley are you using and what software? Stock injectors handling it or changing those too. Your traps are great. The main problem with the stang is the poor aero drag, which is why the Z06 and a stock TT would take you at higher speeds. A stock TT takes the Z06 somewhere around 170-180mph.
IMO gearing is more important than aero (look at how fast an M6 is above 140, it's got 1:1 gearing all the way to 180+ mph in 6th gear.

I hung door to door with a stock C6 Z06 to 170+, where I had just POWERSHIFTED 6th gear. I have the vid to prove it.

I am running a metco 2.6" upper pulley, full stainless works 1 7/8" long tubes and 3" x pipe with catback, JLT carbon fiber cai and ford racing 3.73 gears, tuned by Jon Lund using SCT software. Those are all my power mods. The times and rwhp in my sig were with the stock exhaust.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
I dont think you beating the 997tt was the reason for the reactions. It is how you said it. You wanted to start a war and see how far you could push it. If you are on svtperformance you know what pushes peoples buttons. Its just like with the z06. If people talk about it it gets praise, but when one ******(not that your a ******) has to rave about it and rag on other cars then people shut down and the insults come out. The title of the post and the way you said it is why you have people jumping down your throat.

anyways nice "kill" gt500's are no joke especially with mods. I still perfer a terminator though.

and +1 to the comment on the gt500's sound

Old 08-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
A kill is a kill.

Aloha

Byron

Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by ztnedman1
You wanted to start a war and see how far you could push it.
by complimenting his car?

I posted up exactly what happened. I didn't say the Porsche was a POS, I didn't say it wasn't as good as my car. All I did was post that I beat him twice, which I did.

After reading how it's supposed to be as fast as a Z06 to 120, I truly was expecting a lot more. A stock Z06 would kill a stock TT.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
A kill is a kill.

Aloha

Byron
tis true. If this were the other way around, I would probably be praised.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Comon Dave, you had to have expected at least some backlash. You would have gotten the same thing on the 996 TT section if you posted the same thing. "I was really expecting a better fight" GT500-2 TT -0.

And you know for a fact that these same words posted in the GT500 section would have had people up in arms. It's one thing when you are talking about a super modified car vs other highly modified cars, but you take your decently modded GT500 which traps 125 and race a likely stock 997 TT which would probably trap 118-120.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:47 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
stock suspension was OK. It left lots of room for improvment. Such as a 2" drop, twice the spring rate, better dampened shocks/struts, better control arms, better panhard bar, etc. I have no body roll in the turns.

And just in case you were wondering, the solid axle is equipped in the mustang's that beat the M3 and porsche race cars in the grand am series.
The stock suspension on the GT500 isn't OK, it's garbage. It's the same suspension used on normal Mustangs.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I was 22 with a Mustang Cobra once... I thought my car was invincible, too.

The reason you are catching grief is because you are being VERY combative. Also, posting "killz" in another car's forum is the definition of trolling. That would be like me going to a Honda/BMW/etc. board to talk about the Civic/328/etc. that I beat up. Of course I'd expect to catch grief...

Finally, why has EVERY car magazine that's tested the GT500 found it difficult to lose even a base (400hp) Corvette? I think the scenario of your modded Mustang meeting up with a non-broken in Turbo is most likely. A 997 Turbo is fast to 60 than a Carrera GT - but I suppose you'd smoke a Carrera GT, too, right?

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 08-10-2007 at 03:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997tt - 0 Gt500 - 2