997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997tt - 0 Gt500 - 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gmoney
Thats what I was thinking.
anyone with half a brain knows this...great minds think alike.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I was 22 with a Mustang Cobra once... I thought my car was invincible, too.
I don't feel that. I know what my car is capable of. Most people that say things about cars, probably have never driven them.

Finally, why has EVERY car magazine that's tested the GT500 found it difficult to lose even a base (400hp) Corvette?
I think the scenario of your modded Mustang meeting up with a non-broken in Turbo is most likely.
the car I encountered had plates from a state 1500 miles away, I highly doubt it wasn't broke in.

A 997 Turbo is fast to 60 than a Carrera GT - but I suppose you'd smoke a Carrera GT, too, right?
we raced on the highway from 60mph, so that's a moot point. I think I'd do OK vs a carerra GT from a 60-140 race.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
Man most of you guys need to stop trippin'! All he did was post a kill jeez... good kill man.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by NAPO
It's the same suspension used on normal Mustangs.
no, it's not.

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Check the Grand Am rules on weight breaks and performance equalization, that's the reason the Mustangs are competitive.
That said, I like the GT500s, reminds me of the muscle cars of my youth.
that all have weight and brake requirements to meet. The solid axle does just fine with that car.

Originally Posted by PorscheC4
im not getting involved in this one, but im assuming your pretty modded car raced a STOCK 997TT...what did you expect to happen?
I was expecting it to be as fast as the mags said it would be. (same as a Z06 to 120)

Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER
That guy didn't know how to drive. I just picked up a 997TT. Lets go to Highway 88 in "Mexico" tonigh. I'll be home after 7pm. Stop by for a can of whoopassin.
I'll see you later. Give me a ring and I'll come meet you at your pad. Unless your modded, I don't see you giving me any sort of whoop ***. I'll have the camera.

Originally Posted by Shark01
WOULD A MODERATOR PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY A PERSONAL ATTACK DOESN"T MERIT A BAN?
there was no personal attack. I was merely telling him what I thought of his opinion. That of which was calling me a liar.

Originally Posted by Shark01
AGAIN WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACK

This guy has a 4,000 lb behemoth that can't get out of its own way, and hops over every expansion joint like a kid playing hopscotch, and goes on a foul-mouthed rampage 3 posts in..........
my car weighs 3830 with no weight reduction (according to the scales at the track) As Vicious would say, just a **** hair more than a 997TT

Originally Posted by MGM
Wow some of you guys need to calm down. He came in here simply stating that he had a few races with a 997TT and won, thats it! I can't find where he said the cobra is the nicest car in the world and it is better than the porsche in every way. Give credit where credit is due and move on with your life!
Some people have a hard time with things sometime. I truely was expecting a difference response.

Originally Posted by Mad Swami
Man most of you guys need to stop trippin'! All he did was post a kill jeez... good kill man.
thanks dude.

Originally Posted by Vicious
His car runs mid 11's at 125 on street tires.... why wouldn't you think it would smoke a TT from a roll? The pig weight is MUCH less of an issue at speed and pure HP takes over.

Crying about what mods someone has when you meet on the highway doesn't happen. You run ***** out and hope you have enough, quite often the high end cars that think they rule the road get a ghetto *** whooping they don't soon forget.

In the real world of big hp cars a 997TT is a tinker toy, not hating just the facts.
LOL. Your posts always make me crack up.

I though the 997TT's were good for 122 traps??

Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
kraeburn is infamous around these partskraeburn is infamous around these parts
Sweet car, I have alwasy admired and respected the capabilities of the GT500. However, this result is to be expected. Actually it could have been much worse.

Perhaps some of the stereotypical insecurities that porsche folk may have are true. Oh well.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:34 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dgussin1
no, it's not.

that all have weight and brake requirements to meet. The solid axle does just fine with that car.

I was expecting it to be as fast as the mags said it would be. (same as a Z06 to 120)

I'll see you later. Give me a ring and I'll come meet you at your pad. Unless your modded, I don't see you giving me any sort of whoop ***. I'll have the camera.

there was no personal attack. I was merely telling him what I thought of his opinion. That of which was calling me a liar.

my car weighs 3830 with no weight reduction (according to the scales at the track) As Vicious would say, just a **** hair more than a 997TT

Some people have a hard time with things sometime. I truely was expecting a difference response.

thanks dude.

LOL. Your posts always make me crack up.

Its an 07 i just picked up with 1500 broken in miles. BONE STOCK. Lets see how well you can keep up... on 88. This isn't going to be some dopey 3rd and 4th gear pull. lets go from 60 to 160.

Thanks
Ryan

Old 08-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER
Its an 07 i just picked up with 1500 broken in miles. BONE STOCK. Lets see how well you can keep up... on 88. This isn't going to be some dopey 3rd and 4th gear pull. lets go from 60 to 160.

Thanks
Ryan
thats fine with me, but I will have to be in 5th gear which is overdrive to get to 160, while you're still in 4th. I geared my car down (3.73) b/c I thought it would help on low end accel, which it does...but I am most likely going back to the stock 3.31's where I am still in 4th at 160. Did I mention the plans of a twin screw and some weight reduction. I want a piece of the TTGT.

Is it bone stock like your Z06 was bone stock? or like the Ford GT is stock?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Vicious
Bitter much? wash the vinegar out of your ****
Why, does your Mom need it for your little session with her later tonight?

Kinky *** freak....

Old 08-10-2007, 12:49 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
How about you guys race for pinks? Shank if you lose you give him 6speed.com and if he loses he gives you his car?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by kaz555
How about you guys race for pinks? Shank if you lose you give him 6speed.com and if he loses he gives you his car?
i would race to 140. I am not risking overdrive to beat him for anything.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Wow, what a bunch of un-thought through replies...dgussin1 has been here almost as long as me and I have never seen a post by him that was truely negative.
I would say that I am more of a troll than he is. Get a fricken life people....one of the reasons I have slowed my visits to this forum...full of clicks and ****s.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Man a lot of pissed off guys here. Dgussin describe the driver because I am thinking it maybe one of these posters...lol

Aloha

Byron
white dude, mid 30's. Didn't exactly look too hard at him. I also saw an Iphone.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Nice runs, Dgussin. Your car is a monster, bro.

Lately I've been thinking *very* seriously about getting a GT500 to park next the 996. Or a TT Viper (yummy), or a ST Supra. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-10-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Nice runs, Dgussin. Your car is a monster, bro.
thank bro! Next step is 200-250rwhp more than I have now with a twin screw. Then, after that, I will spray it.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgussin1

Nah...118-120 at best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997tt - 0 Gt500 - 2