997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997tt - 0 Gt500 - 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:06 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Did the Turbo have sport chrono (you see a stopwatch on the dash that sticks up like an ugly wart right in the middle...???)

The way you described it makes it tough for some owners to swallow, he shouldn't have lost THAT badly...

Old 08-11-2007, 06:31 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
The pulley adds how much HP from stock at the wheels? Are you certain the fuel metering is able to keep up? I would be cautious as the FGT guys have to do some tricks when they change the pulleys - injectors, FPR IIRC. 11.4 is a great time, but that 60ft is amazing.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:24 AM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Speaking of cars which should respond well to modifications, consider the upcoming "Blue Devil" corvette. Even if they keep the weight constant at 3100 lbs, the tuning potential for that car (6.2L S/C V8) is astounding.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:55 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
The pulley adds how much HP from stock at the wheels? Are you certain the fuel metering is able to keep up? I would be cautious as the FGT guys have to do some tricks when they change the pulleys - injectors, FPR IIRC. 11.4 is a great time, but that 60ft is amazing.
Not sure where you're getting your FGT information, but their stock fuel system is good for 900+rwhp with nothing being changed. After that, all they have to do is upgrade injectors.

The fuel system on the gt500 is good for 750rwhp with a boost a pump. After that we need larger injectors.

I intend to shave at least another .2-.3 off that with no more mods. That was done at my first time out with those mods.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by treynor
Speaking of cars which should respond well to modifications, consider the upcoming "Blue Devil" corvette. Even if they keep the weight constant at 3100 lbs, the tuning potential for that car (6.2L S/C V8) is astounding.
It would be insane if they put a lower compression forged piston in there along with a forged/billet rod. It will be the car to beat on the road for sure, too bad they aren't going to make many. IMO it's a true threat to the veyron right out of the box.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgussin1
Not sure where you're getting your FGT information, but their stock fuel system is good for 900+rwhp with nothing being changed. After that, all they have to do is upgrade injectors.

The fuel system on the gt500 is good for 750rwhp with a boost a pump. After that we need larger injectors.

I intend to shave at least another .2-.3 off that with no more mods. That was done at my first time out with those mods.
So just a higher volume fuel pump or FPR keeps the system ok up to 750rwhp? That must mean the stock injectors are run at only 50% duty cycles at WOT at the stock trim?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Talking

So just a higher volume fuel pump or FPR keeps the system ok up to 750rwhp? That must mean the stock injectors are run at only 50% duty cycles at WOT at the stock trim?
the stock injectors on the gt500 are 48 lb/hr, but are said to flow as much as 51 lb/hr. So with a little tuning they will support a good amount of fuel. Many people have run 60# injectors to over 800rwhp in other supercharged cars. The stock ecu in fords (especially the new silver oak in the shelby) is by far the best out of any cars out there to tune. You can adjust so many more parameters than other systems, which is why people making over 1000rwhp are still running the stock computer.

take a look here to see how a boost a pump works. http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...boostapump.htm

Old 08-11-2007, 01:00 PM
pretty sweet, like a rising rate FPR without the reliability issues! Do you run a wideband or EGT in your car?

Old 08-11-2007, 01:03 PM
pretty sweet, like a rising rate FPR without the reliability issues! Do you run a wideband or EGT in your car?
I have a innovate lm-1 that i used for initial tuning and setting the a/f ratio, but it is not a permanent gauge. My a/f is mid 11's. I used the sct xcal2 to flash the tunes and datalog using my laptop. It's a great interface, which has a super fast sampling rate. http://sctflash.com/product_xc2.php

Old 08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dgussin1
It would be insane if they put a lower compression forged piston in there along with a forged/billet rod. It will be the car to beat on the road for sure, too bad they aren't going to make many. IMO it's a true threat to the veyron right out of the box.
I suspect they'll make as many as people will buy

Regardless, my order's been in for quite a while.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by treynor
I suspect they'll make as many as people will buy

Regardless, my order's been in for quite a while.
any idea on price?

Old 08-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Here's the BEST Mustang vs Porsche race I've seen:
http://video.google.com/url?docid=35...85JxB8Hb3h9eVw

that is got to be the funniest video ever.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:35 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure the 997TT owner yelled "NEMESIS!!!!!" when the modded Mustang passed him!

Originally Posted by Don Relentless
that is got to be the funniest video ever.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
gnxs is infamous around these parts
Damn dgussin1, you sure riled some people up in here. Pullied GT500 and dgussin's driving FTW!

Better bask in the glow of victory while you can though. You know when I'm done with the "Streets" video (remember, the one that shows O-Ace's modded TT911 flying up on you after you initially pulled out two cars), the Porsche guys here are gonna be able to give you a little flak. Until you get the KB that is.

Shank, check our local board for tonight's spot. You can bring the new Porsche (I didn't realize you had a new one until yesterday) and try to rough up Dave down Mexico way.

Last edited by gnxs; 08-13-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gnxs
Damn dgussin1, you sure riled some people up in here. Pullied GT500 and dgussin's driving FTW!

Better bask in the glow of victory while you can though. You know when I'm done with the "Streets" video (remember, the one that shows O-Ace's modded TT911 flying up on you after you initially pulled out two cars), the Porsche guys here are gonna be able to give you a little flak. Until you get the KB that is.

Shank, check our local board for tonight's spot. You can bring the new Porsche (I didn't realize you had a new one until yesterday) and try to rough up Dave down Mexico way.
Or bring out the FGT TT, I want some action.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997tt - 0 Gt500 - 2