997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fabspeed Gen 3 On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Nice pictures Chris!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
Hey, who wears the pants? Bypass pipes.....
I know in my house, I wear the pants but if I want to get into hers ..........

Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Yes, there in lies the problem.
(gen 3's are back)

Old 09-04-2007, 07:07 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
exhaust

I have reading all the posts about exhaust and I have a couple of questions, I have a 2002 GT2 that I bought new that now has about 3400 miles, I have a lot of cars so I don't get to drive it as much as I would like to, but I do go to the track now and then. I have which is supposedly a Protoech 540 hp kit on the car which consists of custom headers and tune and their custom made exhaust that they assured me would not drone, but did so I took it off and put back the stock muffler. The car still runs good but lost a couple of mph in the 1/4 mile, et didn't change but mph did. I want a good performance exhaust that doesn't resonance or drone and will add some HP. Who has some experience experimenting with different exhausts either on a dyno or on the street? I am considering Fabspeed, Europipe, Evo and Awe, I went on the sharkwerks site and they have all the exhaust and in all the advertisements they mention on every exhaust except Fabspeed no resonance or drone, but Fabspeed was the one I was favoring. Can anyone comment on this?
thanks

Old 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I have the gen 3 fabspeed, this is the moderate version, it sounds great. In some of my earlier posts I referred to switching out the cans to the quiet version, which Idid last weekend at the wife's request.
Well the quiet version doesn't drone at all, it has a nice growl, not bad at all. But, I wanted a bit more, so back to the gen 3's, damn the wife!
They sound geat, louder than the quiets, yes, but no drone. I have heard CG louds, tubi and europipes, they are all very loud. The bypass pipes are another story all together.
The nice thing about fabs, that NONE of the other companies offer is an alternateve set of cans if one(regular version 3 or quiet version 2) is not to your liking...that's phenominal!
If loudness and drone are potential issues at all, get the quiet version 2's, you'll be a happy camper.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 AM
golfguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The nice thing about fabs, that NONE of the other companies offer is an alternateve set of cans if one(regular version 3 or quiet version 2) is not to your liking...that's phenominal!
If loudness and drone are potential issues at all, get the quiet version 2's, you'll be a happy camper.
Chris

do you know if there's a way to tell which mufflers you have without taking off the mufflers and looking inside the inlets? how much were the additional cans?

my wife is also complaining about the sound when i pull into the garage at night ... but then she also complained about the stock exhaust as well.

maybe she'll complain less if i get her a cayenne turbo with a fabspeed exhaust.

Last edited by golfguy; 09-05-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes, the quiet cans are narrower, less round/ more oval (see one of my shop pics the cans on the rack, ones in back are quiets), they also have a heavy guage bracket welded on their anterior surface to mount easier, their outlet to your tip is also one peice right out of the muffler. They def give you a quieter sound. I'd only had the other ones a day or so, they just swapped them, but I'm sure Jay would make you a deal. Just be sure, because I eventually switched back to the original gen 3's.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, the quiet cans are narrower, less round/ more oval (see one of my shop pics the cans on the rack, ones in back are quiets), they also have a heavy guage bracket welded on their anterior surface to mount easier, their outlet to your tip is also one peice right out of the muffler. They def give you a quieter sound. I'd only had the other ones a day or so, they just swapped them, but I'm sure Jay would make you a deal. Just be sure, because I eventually switched back to the original gen 3's.
thanks Chris. i'll take a look underneath to see which system i have.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:02 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
That shop is looking good! Good job Joe!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Yes, the quiet cans are narrower, less round/ more oval (see one of my shop pics the cans on the rack, ones in back are quiets), they also have a heavy guage bracket welded on their anterior surface to mount easier, their outlet to your tip is also one peice right out of the muffler. They def give you a quieter sound.
looks like i have the fs quiet mufflers. the wife still doesn't like the "racket" but i'm not changing. if i'm out late at night, i leave the car out in the driveway rather than pulling into the garage.

at least, it's much quieter than my 993tt muffler bypass (aka elbows). i had those on for a week before i got tired of the noise, headaches and drone.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe your wife is jealous that your making the car scream and not her ?

Maybe a wig or skimask would help the noise problem?

Gee-Bee

Old 09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Max Energy is infamous around these parts
TT Gasman,
I have the Fabspeed version 3 exhaust with Evo headers anf love the sound. It's not to loud, no drone. It has a quality sound.
Max

Old 09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That's what I need to hear! Thanks Max.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Mine (gen3) has actually quieted down quiet a bit since the recent install(re-install), possibly the ecu learning the system?
In any respect I have zero resonance, even at low speed/2800 rpm range. It sounds fantastic, make no mistake the 'quiet' version sounds excellent as well, sounds nothing like the stocker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.