997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Rear Spoiler For 997 Tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
one ugly wing....LOL

Old 09-06-2007, 04:49 PM
rob_zhp is infamous around these parts
I think it looks great.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by rob_zhp
I think it looks great.
so do i......

Old 09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
That's all that counts. In all of the excitement with the new wing, I forgot to congratulate you on the new TT, it looks REALLY nice! Is it Basalt or straight black?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
That's all that counts. In all of the excitement with the new wing, I forgot to congratulate you on the new TT, it looks REALLY nice! Is it Basalt or straight black?
straight black, thanks

Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Bill, lets get a few of the TT's together for a pic/vid. Love to compare your exhaust to my superior fabspeed unit.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Bill, lets get a few of the TT's together for a pic/vid. Love to compare your exhaust to my superior fabspeed unit.
C.mon doc, comparing fabspeed to my AWE Exhaust.....you might not want to hear mine b/c you might want to head right over to AWE in PA. to get one.... Took my car last sun to Captree and opened it up, geez 615 hp with the GIAC Flash and exhaust turned this baby into a beast....i can do this sun morning..let's gather guys up....

Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Billy why didnt I keep that TT, I loved it....so dumb!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drbill
C.mon doc, comparing fabspeed to my AWE Exhaust.....you might not want to hear mine b/c you might want to head right over to AWE in PA. to get one.... Took my car last sun to Captree and opened it up, geez 615 hp with the GIAC Flash and exhaust turned this baby into a beast....i can do this sun morning..let's gather guys up....
I did go to PA to get one, the better one, fabspeed!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Some thoughts from a biased observer:

1) The wing does appear to look better down than up. I agree with Darren's statements on loss of continuity with lines when up.
2) Bill's silver 996 TT with wing/wheels was a better-looking car than Darren's 996TT. BOTH of you should have kept them. May Rave RIP.
3) Although I haven't seen Bill's 997 TT wing yet in person, agreeing with his comments about similarity to 996 TT wing and knowing the "adapter" issue, I'd venture a guess it IS the same exact wing.
4) AWE exhaust won't scare any old ladies or children, and I hope for TT Surgeon's sake his exhaust doesn't sound like the last Fabspeed I heard, so we'll just call this pissing contest a tie...

Old 09-09-2007, 10:42 AM
comporange is infamous around these parts
only if the angle on the upper wing would follow the lower one then it would look decent... but it does'nt

Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
pix with wing in down position and had my body shop paint the adaptors black......

Old 09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Lockheed911 is infamous around these parts
Looks good from here!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
get some wheels and your set! i love the wing but it doesnt go well with the stockers......and thats not my opinion, its a fact

Old 09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Some thoughts from a biased observer:

1) The wing does appear to look better down than up. I agree with Darren's statements on loss of continuity with lines when up.
2) Bill's silver 996 TT with wing/wheels was a better-looking car than Darren's 996TT. BOTH of you should have kept them. May Rave RIP.
3) Although I haven't seen Bill's 997 TT wing yet in person, agreeing with his comments about similarity to 996 TT wing and knowing the "adapter" issue, I'd venture a guess it IS the same exact wing.
4) AWE exhaust won't scare any old ladies or children, and I hope for TT Surgeon's sake his exhaust doesn't sound like the last Fabspeed I heard, so we'll just call this pissing contest a tie...
LOL Jim you are a riot

I hear all of this talk all of the time about meeting up Bill, so how about it? Let's have a HUGE gathering, still so many NY guys I have not met or seen out

BTW I think the angle is just bad, I had the addon wing on my Turbo and loved it, ive seen other 997TT's and loved it, but just something about the first few pics that just doesn't do it for me! But as I said i'm sure its just the angle of the picture and since its up!

Martin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Rear Spoiler For 997 Tt