997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What to offer on this 997 Turbo? Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Rams86 is infamous around these parts
What to offer on this 997 Turbo? Please help!

I'm looking to get back in a Porsche Turbo and would like some advice from the educated masses!. I sold my 2003 X-50 in June for $74,000 and have missed the driving tremendously!

This would be my fourth Porsche and second Turbo, with both Turbos being prurchased used. The depreciation curve on the '03 was massive. It stickered new at $152k and I bought it as the second owner in February '05 for $114k. But it had all the right options for me (X50, PCCB, Nav, Carbon bit, etc) so I was willing to pay to get what I wanted.

Thie car I am considering is at Barrier Porshe in Seattle and has 7,100 miles with the following options: PCCB, Sport Chrono, Axel Diff Lock, Adaptive Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Extended Nav mod, Sport Shifter, Thicker Wheel (which still feels puny), Crests in headrest, Aluminim footrest, Module for Telephone, remote CD changer (a dinosaur option today!).

The car stickered new at $140,475 and Barrier is asking $139,000. Yes, insane, I know but they are willing to deal and I am a repeat customer for them.

I test drove the car today with the salesman I know pretty well, and the car is obviously amazing. So much more crisp that the 996 but the power differnce seemed nominal to me. (my '03 had Stage IV mods though). Steve said to give him an offer he can sell to the powers that be at Barrier.

My main concern on the car is that it was a launch vehicle for Robert Larson Porsche in Tacome, WA and I'm guessing it didn't have the proper break in with the multitudes of people testing it. The exterior is pretty flawless and the Michelon PS show obvious recent track wear. I know I'd want to at least check for Type 1 and 2 over revs, but would you all have the same concerns I do in this regard?

What does everyone here say on price for this car?! $119k would allow for 15% depreciation in the first year which seems fair. Additionally, do you believe the miles are farly high for an '07. The beginning of the steep depreciation curve for the 997 Turbo appears to be here so I want to buy the car correctly! Any opionios you may have will be greatly appreciated. I would have pasted the link from barrier but thye dont have it up on their web site yet.

My friends are lobbying me hard to go the GT3 route but I think i would miss the power and torque of the Turbo too much! Please help!

Thanks - Brad B.
Seattle, WA

Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I think you're right on at $119K, anywhere from 115-120 is fair. Any more and you might as well order a new car.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
I completely agree with you. 139k is nuts. 115-120k is reasonable particularly for a demo.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Those two guys are correct. 115 -120. At their asking price, they'll own if forever.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
What color is this Turbo? I only recall seeing a Meteor Grey tip 997TT at Barrier the other day.

Last edited by atomic80; 09-04-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I purchased my 997 Turbo in August 2006 for sticker of 144,583.00 (paid deposit in March of 2005) and sold it in November of 2006 at 131,000.00. I don't understand why, when you sell or trade a car with a lot of options, the "line" is "you buy options for yourself, not the next guy" and therefore they have little value on trade or sale. Yet when you buy a car with a lot of options, they want most of the money. Hope this is some help and good luck.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Rams86 is infamous around these parts
Jason -

The car is an Arctic Silver/Black 6-apeed. I did not see the the Slate Grey vehicle while there. I would love to talk to you about this car...IMCARNUTS: Yes, its interesting the line you get on options! How come you only kept the car two months and are now ordering the same color combo, x PCCB? Brad

Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Brad, send me an email. I'll PM you my email address.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I purchased my 997 Turbo in August 2006 for sticker of 144,583.00 (paid deposit in March of 2005) and sold it in November of 2006 at 131,000.00. I don't understand why, when you sell or trade a car with a lot of options, the "line" is "you buy options for yourself, not the next guy" and therefore they have little value on trade or sale. Yet when you buy a car with a lot of options, they want most of the money. Hope this is some help and good luck.
i wonder what the "big mistake" was...mind if you share?

back on topic, what dealer is asking is just ridiculous and we all know that they will work things out for you
anything over 120k seems about right.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:44 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rams86
Jason -

The car is an Arctic Silver/Black 6-apeed. I did not see the the Slate Grey vehicle while there. I would love to talk to you about this car...IMCARNUTS: Yes, its interesting the line you get on options! How come you only kept the car two months and are now ordering the same color combo, x PCCB? Brad
Why did I get rid of it so quickly - The short answer is stupidity. The long answer is I owned 6 cars and decided to cut back. I've never been without a Porsche since my first in 1978. I've owned over 15 since then including over 6 NA 911's, a 993 turbo, 996 turbo, 997 turbo, a 928, a Cayenne Turbo, and a few Boxsters (wife). I thought they were out of my system - BIG mistake. As far as another GT w/Cocoa - I really liked the combination before so why not again. It's not like I had it long enough to get tired of the color. One nice thing (but expensive) is to get a "do over" with regard to options - correct my "I shoud have ordered" errors.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:21 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
What color is this Turbo? I only recall seeing a Meteor Grey tip 997TT at Barrier the other day.

Jason

Do you live at Barrier or something?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Jason

Do you live at Barrier or something?
I live only 2 miles away from there!

Old 09-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Enilder
i wonder what the "big mistake" was...mind if you share?

back on topic, what dealer is asking is just ridiculous and we all know that they will work things out for you
anything over 120k seems about right.
"Big mistake" was thinking I was over my Porsche addiction and selling the car.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:54 PM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
"Big mistake" was thinking I was over my Porsche addiction and selling the car.
It wasn't a mistake...it was just a test case. Now you'll have the 997 TT with the options you REALLY wanted in the 1st place...

Old 09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts

My main concern on the car is that it was a launch vehicle for Robert Larson Porsche in Tacome, WA and I'm guessing it didn't have the proper break in with the multitudes of people testing it. The exterior is pretty flawless and the Michelon PS show obvious recent track wear. I know I'd want to at least check for Type 1 and 2 over revs, but would you all have the same concerns I do in this regard?
I really don't worry about this. These cars are damn near bullet proof and most people that test drive cars of this magnitude don't "wring them out." I test drove one in Houston and only came close to redline once, with every other shift being far below.

What does everyone here say on price for this car?! $119k would allow for 15% depreciation in the first year which seems fair. Additionally, do you believe the miles are farly high for an '07. The beginning of the steep depreciation curve for the 997 Turbo appears to be here so I want to buy the car correctly! Any opionios you may have will be greatly appreciated. I would have pasted the link from barrier but thye dont have it up on their web site yet.
I don't think you will get it for 119k, but good luck!!.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to offer on this 997 Turbo? Please help!