997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Denison SATELLITE Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Denison SATELLITE Radio

Can someone elaborate on how this works?

I understand you need a separate SAT module but if you have both the ipod and SAT connected through the CD changer through the Denison, how do you select either one and does the SAT display on the PCM come through the CD player???

Old 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The Sat will not display through the PCM. It is an RCA aux input that you would attach to a receiver. So the sound would come through but no screen. Not like the iPod. That is controlled through the PCM. If you want a sat that is controls and displays through the PCM I make a kit that interfaces perfectly with the PCM. Additionally I suggest the Dension and iPod hook up. This is what I have.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
The Sat will not display through the PCM. It is an RCA aux input that you would attach to a receiver. So the sound would come through but no screen. Not like the iPod. That is controlled through the PCM. If you want a sat that is controls and displays through the PCM I make a kit that interfaces perfectly with the PCM. Additionally I suggest the Dension and iPod hook up. This is what I have.
does the kit wire through the denison? how does it work? how do you control it through the PCM?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
No, it plugs directly into the MOST CAN line and interfaces directly with the PCM.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:18 PM
SG
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
No, it plugs directly into the MOST CAN line and interfaces directly with the PCM.
how do you select Satellite from the PCM and how do you control it?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We have some customers who have it wired in and it shows on the PCM....