997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo 3.4sec? NEED REPLIES!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Sie_motor88 is infamous around these parts
997 Turbo 3.4sec? NEED REPLIES!

Hey wassup people, i'm new to six speed, would like to introduce myself. Name is Charles, and i just got a 997 turbo which i ordered from germany. I had the M6 earlier and i thought the 997 turbo would be must faster then the M6. I finally got it after 6 months of waiting and i was shock from the results of the car!!

Car is tiptronic S, with sport chrono package, question is... when i accelerate the car, what i notice is that the turbo lag is very very very BAD! It doesnt want me to launch from 1000 - 3500 RPM. How is that a 3.4sec launch?! i dont feel the turbo is fast at all! .. Very dissapointed , i need answers now!

Old 09-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
need to build the boost by applying the brake and gas at the same time. when the boost builds, let go of the brake and you're off to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds!

Old 09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
that simple?? hmmm, il give it a try tonight hehe

Old 09-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sie_motor88
that simple?? hmmm, il give it a try tonight hehe
i think you will like it

Old 09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
if you are not feeling your car is faster than the m6 then something is wrong with your car. The tip S will run all over the M6 and back by just mashing the pedal to the medal.

Its not the same car as a M6 and whats really funny is this.

Darren_Dallas on the board road in the 997tt Tip with me and he was so confident that his M5 will smoke it. Well thier is a post about this little story on the board and he was so wrong. The reason he thought this as many do is that the car really doesnt have the jerk in the gears it just gets thier and gets thier fast and your planted in your seat threw all the gears...

Old 09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
I came from a M6 as well, and the M6 has no chance at all whatsoever against the TT off the line. Granted I have 6spd, but I've run couple M6s off the line and the difference was pretty noticeable. I'm sure you should know this having owned a M6, the Ms are pretty bad off the line as well. You have a Tip so you don't have any possibility of mis shifting the gears.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
I came from a M6 as well, and the M6 has no chance at all whatsoever against the TT off the line. Granted I have 6spd, but I've run couple M6s off the line and the difference was pretty noticeable. I'm sure you should know this having owned a M6, the Ms are pretty bad off the line as well. You have a Tip so you don't have any possibility of mis shifting the gears.
Off the line
On a dime
On its prime
60 punch
The Turbo eats the M6 for lunch

Again check out the video we took of this race and it was a 6 speed that does 3.7

Old 09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
You need to loose stock exhaust. It kills back pressure and causes huge lag, the other addition is the ECU should be remapped. Do these two things and the car will not resemble anything it does at the moment. Drop me a PM. I can offer some suggestions

Old 09-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
Off the line
On a dime
On its prime
60 punch
The Turbo eats the M6 for lunch

Again check out the video we took of this race and it was a 6 speed that does 3.7
True...I don't have any of those issues especially now that I'm stage 3

I love the look of my buddy's face in his M5 with headers, exhaust, and ECU (he didn't know I was Stage 3) and he just knew he was going to dog me...the TT put bus lengths off the line, high speed rolling start was different outcome but pulled and kept pulling nonetheless. Ms are awesome cars and the motor is so technically advanced, if they could stuff that thing in a 3 series that car would rock...it's just that the M5 and M6s are so heavy.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
True...I don't have any of those issues especially now that I'm stage 3

I love the look of my buddy's face in his M5 with headers, exhaust, and ECU (he didn't know I was Stage 3) and he just knew he was going to dog me...the TT put bus lengths off the line, high speed rolling start was different outcome but pulled and kept pulling nonetheless. Ms are awesome cars and the motor is so technically advanced, if they could stuff that thing in a 3 series that car would rock...it's just that the M5 and M6s are so heavy.
you think your TT stock will pull on his M5? its funny cus after my boy beat the M5 he is doing all this **** to his car to beat him and im wondering if the M5 has a chance

Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
you think your TT stock will pull on his M5? its funny cus after my boy beat the M5 he is doing all this **** to his car to beat him and im wondering if the M5 has a chance
It's a very good question, I would guess a stock TT should easily beat the modded M5 off the line, but I really believe that if they did a 100mph rolling start the modded M5 should pull ahead. Forget about a 120mph pull the Ms really really shine up there.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
WTF did you get a tip in the first place? jk
The TT should/will smoke any m3/5/6 on the planet stock for stock. Get some seat time in a rear engined 911 on the track, you'll never go back to a bimmer sedan.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Antz_997s is infamous around these parts
Sie_Motor88,

Just wondering if you're Charles from SMC? I'm William's friend, remember we went to Barona at San Diego together?

Congrats on your new 997tt! Post some pics up!

Anthony.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Antz_997s
Sie_Motor88,

Just wondering if you're Charles from SMC? I'm William's friend, remember we went to Barona at San Diego together?

Congrats on your new 997tt! Post some pics up!

Anthony.

I did went to Barona.. org indo lo? I went with my friends and i did met a few people from SF.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:03 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
No break- in ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo 3.4sec? NEED REPLIES!