997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Damn a ding in my hood!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Damn a ding in my hood!

Took a small dime sized ding in the hood today, just above the crest. Luckily the clear bra ate a scratch and looks to have saved the paint. Hopefully the paintless dent removal guy can get it out. Any recs in Houston?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I don't live near you but I am sure the paintless guys can make it perfect.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Something like that is simple. Call your local Porsche dealer and find out who they use. Don't use just anyone because they can really screw your car up if they don't know what they are doing, especially with the clear bra.

Or you can ship it to me in Florida and I'll fix it!!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
zman is infamous around these parts
Those paintless dent removal guys are miracle workers

Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 PM
jerrym is infamous around these parts
ouch.. hope it comes off

Old 09-06-2007, 01:54 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Make sure that the guy doing it has experience with aluminum. Same thing happened to my BMW M3. You could not tell that anything was done. You should be fine. At least you can fix your car without a repaint. My rear wing took a direct hit from a rock and I am left with a nice chip. The only way to really fix it involves a repaint of the entire wing so I'll just live with it.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Steve the Cleartech guy knows the best. Give him a call

Old 09-06-2007, 09:48 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
thanks your stars you had the clear bra! Just to repaint the hood would be about 850. I'm getting a clear bra next week.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
My hood reshoot costed $1500! Had it run through the insurance for it. They sanded all of the paint off and redone completely and color sanded

Old 09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
I just found one on my left rear fender this past weekend. My dealer is coming to pick it up this week to fix. I know its something small, but its so irritating. I can't even look at my car without freaking out about it.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:01 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

update...
The paintless dent guy did a great job!! He was very careful and took his time to get it perfect, I respect that attention to detail. He came highly recommended and I can see why. Best $125 I ever spent!
The place is called "Got Dents" his name is Wade Hartley 281-898-0193, on Westheimer near the Galleria. (A recommendation for Houston 6 speeders)
Now off to the pros at ClearTech and it will be like it never happened...

Last edited by TT Gasman; 09-11-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I bet you sleep like a baby tonight. It is amazing how stuff like that gets under my skin