997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pics of New Wheels.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
i've been looking forward to your pics

FUQIN INSANELY perfect them work wheels!

work broms have got to be the best looking non-step wheels ever made.

congrats! more pics!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
H&R Springs only. But I find with the 20's the travel seems to be more than with the 19's. With the 19's they were really great with the OEM wheels and tire setup. But with the 20's it's not rough at all but softer almost. Great at highway but not as tight and smooth with the bump steer around corners. I putting on the KW V3 for the 997 Turbo next week to tighten it up some. If I kept the 19's I would not change out the H&R's but with 20's I think I need to change it up and the price point of the KW V3's is very reasonable. I didn't know they were out yet been waiting but they have TBA on their website but they are available.

I don't need PASM capable coilovers - dial it in and go

Just wondering why you would get rid of pasm all together ? I have been thinking about how to lower the car springs vs coilovers also and I just dont understand why nobody on here ever talks about the H & R COILOVER kit for 997 . They are even less expensive than the KW and i would think H & R would build a better kit right ? Personally I always seem to end up w/ the answer BILSTEIN PSS PASM .If techart is using Bilstein that does say something right ?Besides my car will be a daily driver and i just love the way it feels right now .Stil Totally confused wether to go with 20's or 19's . I want the look but i also want the handeling

Old 09-22-2007, 07:41 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Benjamin thank you.. I really like it's progress.

PorscheAudio - In regards to 997 Turbo Only - H&R does not make a coilover with PASM capable dampers. They are only height adjustable but not rebound or comression adjustable and most likely will not see one for a while that is if ever. The Bilstein PSS10's is available with PASM capable dampers but they are not North American approved. So until that happens from which I am told will be Mid-November to ??. FVD does sell them now on this board but until Bilstein gives me official word that is North American Approved I am not buying them. I have been waiting on them since I can get an incredible deal on them once they are released.

Motons, JIC, Ohlins to name a few will most likely not ever be PASM capable since they believe in the dial-in and custom adjustments and they are for the serious track with street capabilities. Price point is not where I want to be.

The KW's do have track capable springs and are very nice as well but I went with the KWV3 because they are a great street setup in my opinion from previous experience. They are not a "true" track coilover but someone can argue that with someone else other than me.

Truth be told when I intially put on the 20's I didn't realize that my alignment went so far out of whack that my car rode like TOTAL crap. I was very unhappy and blamed the spring. I was wrong. After setting up the Turbo to a slightly modified GT3 setup with a 0 toe instead of the 10 degree toe that was called from the specs - the car without coilovers rides on rails and on top of that its better than ever! I was thinking it was my H&R springs causing the car to run like crap and over working the dampers. I am very happy with them right now but the KW's are on the way.

The saga continues.....

In regards to TechArt using Bilsteins - No question about Bilstein's being good but TechArt is overpriced. A very similiar product when it's released to the US in the form of PSS10's will be about half of the price for the TA coilovers. That I know for a fact.

I took the spacers out from the back and will run 7mm since H&R does not make a 10mm and I don't know if I want to machine the 15mm I have down to 10. I might just do it and see how that pans out locally.

Porsche Audio PM if you want to discuss. I would not hesitate to put 20's on. If you are looking for ride height adjustment coilover and can live with preset rebound/compression then the H&R coilovers can be had for around 2K without PASM. I will let you know what it took to defeat PASM. My porsche tech is researching it now with another car at the dealership to see. He is very cool and loves this kind of stuff. And being 5 mins down the street from my dealership and 10 min from my Suspension guy has many advantages.

Good luck with your decisions..

Old 09-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned
yo alpy,

the only thing i'd really do to finish off your car is add the OEM aerokit (wing/front) and then even it up with techart or speedart sideskirts. at least that's what i'd do and call it a day aside from all the suspension stuff you gotta sort out.

cotdamn them wheels look so on target!

p.s. how many inches dish in the back? 3.5? 4?

Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
so phresh so clean

Old 09-23-2007, 09:10 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by daedalus
Did the alignment help the "twitchyness" in the corners? Looks great btw!
Dmoney and Daedalus - twitchyness is gone. Heavychevy(very good track driver) and jenks12(passenger) on this forum drove it yesterday and said it handled and rode very well. I just wanted another opinion as I know what I feel but another honest opinion never hurts. It's solid! The new modified GT3 alignment spec is perfect for a lowered car. The H&R springs are NOT what some people told me they would be and it wasn't positive.

I am taking it on a harder run today and see if the coilovers at this moment will be necessary. I drive with Sport PASM on all the time now and I don't notice it much except for a hard bump but then again its expected.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
That thing is perfect! Don't touch it!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 04:58 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful..great choice!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
blackbeast99 is infamous around these parts
Looks great and even better in person. I can attest for the ride quality Well...not with the new wheel/alignment combo yet.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:19 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Just wanted to post some pics of my new wheels.

Work Brombacher - Silver Face. 20x8.5 and 20x12..

I am very happy with the way they turned out.

how much for the wheels? where did u get
what did u use to lower?

Old 09-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned
did u get a chance to weigh the dubs? curious how much they weigh. i'm guessing around 30-32lbs for the rears?

Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
that is one nice looking TT-997.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Shaken - I have PM'ed you.

Benjamin - I forgot to ask him the weight. I am sure they are close to what you said. Same as Rinspeeds and Techarts maybe a little lighter.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned
Shaken - I have PM'ed you.

Benjamin - I forgot to ask him the weight. I am sure they are close to what you said. Same as Rinspeeds and Techarts maybe a little lighter.
Apline, possible for you to let me know how deep the dish is on the rears?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Apline, possible for you to let me know how deep the dish is on the rears?
Roughly 3.5-4 inches. I would have taken a smaller lip in the rear as I like smaller lips but as it sits - I like them more than enough to not complain.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics of New Wheels.....