997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

If you had $10,000 to spend to modify...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Power mods:FVD Exhaust with 100 cell cats, FVD Ecu upgrade, Werks one CF Airbox, RSS plenum, EVOMS headers.

Techart lowering springs with bilistien shocks and if there is cash left to spare some Sportec anthratice 19"s to compliment the Meteor Grey exterior.
Wow...I have to move to Kuwait...$10K goes a lot further!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:02 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by haudimal
If you really wanna have fun with your 997TT - bring it up to its hometown and spend some days on the autobahn. Believe me, after that you´ll see you car with different eyes

Stick a picture of that trip to your dash and you will smile every day while driving your car - you will be highly pleased, much more than with wheels, tips, ....

I will show you some very nice roads - for free

But hurry up - our governance argue over a speedlimit every year, so the dream will be away one day, for shure....
Seriously, I may take you up on your invite! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:07 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
TheCreditMan,

Checkout the stage tuning kits. One example is the Evolution motorsports website. Here is what i would do;

First step : EVT S2 580 (Stage 2)
*ECU and exhaust with high flow catalysts.

Second step : Techart lowering springs
*Lowers the car 20mm, improves handling & appearance.

Third step : ClubSport Intercoolers
*Maximum heat dissipation

Fourth step : LightWheels
*better handling, less reciprocating mass
ie; Champion, Fikse, BBS, HRE, Dymag etc.

Fifth step : Depends on where you want to go next!!

P.S. Does your car have a manual or tiptronic transmission. A clutch kit is needed for better power delivery on a manual equipped car.
Thank you, good stuff! My car is a manual.

And thanks to everyone!

Hey "Jox", very funny man!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:13 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
Wow...I have to move to Kuwait...$10K goes a lot further!
, I didnt know they costed more than 10,000k but for 10k I would remove some of the mods and get the basics FVD Exhausts and Ecu a drop in filter and springs.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
, I didnt know they costed more than 10,000k but for 10k I would remove some of the mods and get the basics FVD Exhausts and Ecu a drop in filter and springs.
Absolutely. Chip + exhaust really unleashes the engine...a lot less lag, significantly more huumph...

Old 09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
Absolutely. Chip + exhaust really unleashes the engine...a lot less lag, significantly more huumph...
What I like about the FVD kit is that they claim a good amount of hp increase especially with the increased flow of their mufflers/exhausts with the 100 cell cats and Ecu upgrade which equals to no check engine lights.

A good starting point could be a FVD Ecu/muffler, Evoms headers.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Power mods:FVD Exhaust with 100 cell cats, FVD Ecu upgrade, Werks one CF Airbox, RSS plenum, EVOMS headers.

Techart lowering springs with bilistien shocks and if there is cash left to spare some Sportec anthratice 19"s to compliment the Meteor Grey exterior.
Who or what is "FVD"? Can't find here. Web site? Thanks.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:38 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Dymags . . .

Old 09-24-2007, 05:57 PM
NO TKTS is infamous around these parts
Old 09-24-2007, 06:13 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Ecu and exhaust.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
EVT550 HP $3500 and you can always upgrade the exhaust later

Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Antz_997s is infamous around these parts
Save the $10k and participate in the World Series of Poker 2008 Main event. You may come back home with 10 million dollars! J/K

With $10k i'd go for Exhaust and a set of HREs.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Things we do with other peoples money LOL

Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 PM
BoostJunkie is infamous around these parts
I'd do Bilstein coilovers, a set of lightweight wheels (HRE C21 or something similar), and an ECU upgrade. That balances the handling and power upgrades a bit.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Not to ruin your thread, but if I had 10k left over I would donate to
http://www.worldvision.org

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If you had $10,000 to spend to modify...