997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Going to Germany Monday,recommendations pls.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 AM
gebbers is infamous around these parts
If you going to NRW, let me know I live in Münster....so I can give you some good tips, or we can meet and I show you my town! ^^
take care

Old 09-27-2007, 08:24 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I stayed at Hotel Zurburg which was within a stone's throw of Burg Nurburg where you could see the entire Nurburgring region from the top of the tower. I definitely recommend staying there since most of the folks that drive on the track tends to stay there. Hotel Dorint would be another nice hotel but a bit pricey.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
A factory tour in Stuttgart is a must!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
Hi TurboRX,

what are you interested in or what is your intention: art, culture, party, autobahn, racetrack, cars...

Do you travel alone or with your (girl)friend?

How old are you?

My often repeated and #1 tip is, to bring your P to the autobahn, so i assure we will have a lot of 300+ fun

When are you around munich? So perhaps we can meet at the Oktoberfest.

Try to get a nice rental car, at avis for example you can get a 997 coupe or cabrio but not a turbo -> around 280 US$ a day

You can also get a Ferrari, Lambo, etc. - but i don´t know your budget

Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
I would go to Ruf and Porsche factories for sure.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
TurboRx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by haudimal
Hi TurboRX,

what are you interested in or what is your intention: art, culture, party, autobahn, racetrack, cars...

Do you travel alone or with your (girl)friend?

How old are you?

My often repeated and #1 tip is, to bring your P to the autobahn, so i assure we will have a lot of 300+ fun

When are you around munich? So perhaps we can meet at the Oktoberfest.

Try to get a nice rental car, at avis for example you can get a 997 coupe or cabrio but not a turbo -> around 280 US$ a day

You can also get a Ferrari, Lambo, etc. - but i don´t know your budget
I plan on doing a little bit of everything....I am traveling with 3 other people (no grlfriend this trip) so although I am renting a car, it can't be a P car Prob end up with a BMW or Benz i'm thinking.
I think I'll be at the Ring on Oct 2nd/3rd. This will be my cars/race part of the trip. I've always wanted to see the Black Forest so we will be in Titisee and the surrounding areas on the 4th/5th. (possibly heidelberg too)
I'll be in Munich on the 6th thru 8th. Since it was planned very last minute I don't know how to get into the tents or how it's arranged to attend the Oktoberfest celebration.
btw, i'm 27.
cheers.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 PM
SoulTTeacher is infamous around these parts
Whenever I'm in Munich, I take the Autobahn (A95/E533) down to Garmisch-Partenkirchen to see the beautiful mountains along the Germany-Austria border (it takes less than an hour to get there). Yes, the Black Forest is nice, but it certainly ain't no mountains! (Well, maybe by FL standards... )

Usually I don't stop there and continue down to Bolzano (Bozen) in Northern Italy (via Innsbruck, Austria, it'll take you about 2 hours - the even more scenic routes take 5-6 hours, but check for snow [although you should be fine next week]). It's a very beautiful drive, even the direct route, and in Bolzano you can reward yourself with the best pizza you've ever had in your life (try a Scheunenpizza at one of the downtown places [in the pedestrian zone] - better than sex).

You can stay in one of the great B&B places in Austria along the way and will have a truly wonderful time. And make sure to really have breakfast!!! (I'm salivating right now just thinking about it).

Have a safe trip!

Last edited by SoulTTeacher; 09-29-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:28 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
My suggestion might be to try and see more of less. Ring, Forest, Heidelberg, Munich, etc.

Pick 2 areas and spend 3-4 days in each. Then go back, again and again....

Old 09-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
Nurburgring --
Black Forest -- do you need a clock?
Munich -- Oktoberfest, you just walk int the tent, find a table and sit down. No tables, move to the next tent. Sit down, eat and get sheit faced. If you get into to much trouble, the jail floors are heated

But there is a lot of good info posted already.

PS - I actually have a trip planned up there for the 3rd -- weather pending. The gates open @ 0800!

Last edited by Gusagain; 09-30-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
TurboRx is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I'm excited as hell for Oktoberfest. I hope it's as easy to get a table in one of the tents as some ppl have suggested.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TurboRx
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I'm excited as hell for Oktoberfest. I hope it's as easy to get a table in one of the tents as some ppl have suggested.
The beer "tents" open around noon. It's easy to get a table then. The Ompah bands generally start playing around 2 PM. At 5 PM they run you out unless you have a table reservation. If you get lucky you may run into someone who has an open space at their table.

The unique feature here is you'll sit at a table with a bunch of people from other countries none of which speak each others language. After a few beers everyone becomes multilingual. I can guarantee you'll become fluent in at least three new languages by the end of the day.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
ZwahRR is infamous around these parts
Hi,

my name is Markus and i life in Munich.

One of my favourite places in is the maximilianstreet, the street is near the Marienplatz. There are many realy good shops and Cafe´s (Cafe Roma).

But the Nuerburgring is 600km away from Munich ca. 6 hours to drive.

If you´re in the Oktoberfest, go to the Hacker tent, there is the best mood and the hottest girls :P

Another sightseeing would be the BMW Museum which opened recently.

I hope you enjoy munich and it will be a nice trip for u!

Bye Markus

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
Has anybody heard from Turborx lately?

I hope he hasn't found out the jail floors are heated!