997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Going to Germany Monday,recommendations pls.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM
TurboRx is infamous around these parts
Going to Germany Monday,recommendations pls.

I'm going to Germany on Monday and I would love some recommendations on where to go while I'm there. The trip was planned on ultra short notice so any and all attemps to attend Oktoberfest have failed.

If anyone knows someone willing to accomodate me in Munich that would be great. If not please offer suggestions as to what I should visit.
I'm going to the 'ring for sure.

thanks for the help.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Just stay at the Nurburgring

You can see the opening times for tourist-drives (when the track is open for everyone) here: http://nuerburgring.gosign.de/Touris...rten.60.0.html

Old 09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
OCPorsche is infamous around these parts
I can see if I can set up a tour of the factory for you

Old 09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Maximilian Street has all the nice shops and restaurants.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Munich, that is not very close to the Ring

Old 09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
oktoberfest is going on all next week too, its just like a giant fair(hell i was there last sunday)

You can also drop by RUF and get a factory tour as we're near munich

The ring has odd hours right now, but def go if you can

Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
180mph on the Autobahn, or more

Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
My write-up might give you some ideas on what to do:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=91208

Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
In Munich, a nice hotel is the Dorint Sofitel. It has a nice bar, and nice rooms. Try to go eat around the HofbrauHaus and the surrounding areas. Very nice. As said, Pfaffenhausen is nearby. The Deutches museum is quite good as well.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
My write-up might give you some ideas on what to do:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=91208
wow thanks for sharing.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:06 AM
TurboRx is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the replys and info.

I have fianlly found a place to stay in Munich for some of Oktoberfest. I don't know if I'm going to get into any of the tents but I'll try....any pointers?

My trip goes a little something like this:
Land in dusseldorf, rent auto and drive to Cologne and the ring. Then some portion of the Black Forrest with final destination Munich.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MKS
Maximilian Street has all the nice shops and restaurants.
I went there a couple of years back and I really enjoyed my stay over there. The Kempinski Hotel over at Maximillian Street is right in the centre of the market, many coffee shops, luxury boutiques and close by Museums to visit.

Whilst in Munich , try to visit the BMW Museum with the M/motorsport department which carreis various fine examples of BMW's greatest cars to date including the M1.

If you dont mind driving 2 hours you can take the highway to visit Inglostad where Audi Museum is located and its not far from some nice Spa's to relax that are just out of the highway and next to the greenery and small peaceful villages.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Definitely visit this: http://www.technik-museum.de/uk/ if you can. One of the most incredible collections of vehicles in all of Germany.

Check out my pictures from there: http://jasontang.virtuality.org/sinsheim2007

Old 09-27-2007, 05:54 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
just one thing...Nurburgring is a " MUST "
I know there are a few hotels very close to the "circuit"...

Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I agree with technik museum, great place to visit. They have a uboat cut open that is incredible to see, history of engines...great place, even my wife loved it.

kapinski is first class, nice place to stay.

BMW gives a nice tour.

Just walk around the area of the old clock tower, sit and have a few liters and watch the women walk by.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to Germany Monday,recommendations pls.