997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Newbie Intro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:43 AM
SoulTTeacher is infamous around these parts
Smile Newbie Intro

Yo, fellas, just a quick intro post from a 6SO newbie. Would have preferred a more low-key entry in the form of a simple reply somewhere, but for some reason I can’t reply to posts and I also can’t have a signature. What’s up with that? I want a freaking signature!!!

Anyway, looking at the usernames, I guess that several of you will recognize me from Rennlist where I hang as ‘Soulteacher’. Over here, I just added another ‘T’ to make it more current...

For those who don’t know me, real name is ‘Wolfgang’ and - yes - I AM German, but other than Porsche cars and decent chocolate and real blondes with real ***** we don’t have too much good stuff over there anymore; so now I live in the United States (NW Louisiana, to be exact). College professor/market-entry consultant. Sold my ‘06 997S cab a month ago and currently I’m three months into an expected eight-month wait for a basalt/stone 997TT. My production slot is in January and I should have kept the cab until then as I'm experiencing strong withdrawal symptoms.

I’ve been reading this forum for a while and it appears to be much more active than the Rennlist turbo forum. Hopefully, my ability to post replies will eventually be enabled so that I can lose my forum virginity and start contributing. For now, just wanted to say ‘Guten Tag’!

P.S.: If you happen to make a comment or ask a question, please remember that I cannot post replies...

Old 09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Congrats and post pics when you are able.

Aloha

Byron

Old 09-28-2007, 01:42 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SoulTTeacher

For those who don’t know me, real name is ‘Wolfgang’ and - yes - I AM German, but other than Porsche cars and decent chocolate and real blondes with real ***** we don’t have too much good stuff over there anymore;
Hi and i agree, so i live in Austria right now

But be honestly, you don´t miss the autobahn?

I had the same problem a few weeks ago when i started here, but after a few days i clicked the confirmation email again and it i could reply

Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
Welcome on board mate.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome Wolfgang

Old 09-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Wolfgang,

As a former German nationalist who most likely speaks German, please be aware we may require you to translate certain German-language documents and media such as, but not limited to, Porsche technical documents, German sports-car magazine articles, and German sports-car videos.

Your cooperation is appreciated

-m

Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Welcome...

Old 09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
Welcome aboard. The wait is a *****, but the payoff is incredible with the 997TT.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Mike2727 is infamous around these parts
Welcome Wolfgang, 8 month wait but it is worth it

Mike

Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Wolfgang,

As a former German nationalist who most likely speaks German, please be aware we may require you to translate certain German-language documents and media such as, but not limited to, Porsche technical documents, German sports-car magazine articles, and German sports-car videos.

Your cooperation is appreciated

-m
very true, for those reasons coinciding with the impending release of the GT2 and following media, we should probably have his ability to post sooner rather than later!

Old 09-29-2007, 08:04 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Wolfgang, Welcome to the 6,,, Enjoy your stay and have fun...

Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Welcome to the best forum Wolfgang!

BTW, I dont believe anyone here has seen a real blonde with real ***** in a decade or so. In fact that's pretty rare in the US. Help up us out when you can please.

Thx

Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 PM
SoulTTeacher is infamous around these parts
Yay, it's working! I felt locked out... even the 'contact us' button did not work. Kudos to Chris (TT Surgeon) whom I asked via Rennlist to contact one of the friendly neighborhood administrators for me...

Thanks for the welcome and the good wishes! I appreciate it! And, yes, I will certainly translate stuff into German whenever needed. No problem.

Oh, and Haudimal, I do miss the Autobahn once in a while, but I most certainly don't miss Hamburg's within-city speed limits (31 mph across the board except where there are people, then it's 19 mph...).

Again, thanks for the kind welcome!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
Moin, Moin;-)

I lived in HH for eight years before i moved to Kitzbühel - also happy to be out of that town.

Now i understand that you know the good old TÃœV...

Have fun on 6spo and in the US, perhaps we´ll see us somewhere around our planet.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 AM
osj911 is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the board. Just out of curiosity where do you teach?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbie Intro