Dension Special Group Purchase Opportunity!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Dension Special Group Purchase Opportunity!

Due to our long term relationship with Dension, and our history as a distributor of the Gateway 500 and BTA1500 for Porsche (iPod, Bluetooth, Aux, etc), we have just completed negotiations for a ONE TIME opportunity so that we can purchase a larger quantity and offer a deeper discount to our great customers here.

We can't announce the final price yet, but it will be less than the current sales price on our Order page, which is already deeply discounted.

To make this fly, we need a substantial group of committed customers ready to buy. We are asking that those of you who are interested, please email us immediately at info@bumperplugs.com to let us know that you want the Gateway 500 (iPod, Aux, USB), and/or the BTA1500 (Bluetooth), and we will put you on the list. Please let us know you are part of 6speed when you email us.

For clarification: the Gateway 500 iPod Integration System is designed for '03-'08 Porsches with either CDR radios or PCM head units (works on both). It retains the cd changer if your car is so equipped. The BTA unit is only compatible with PCM head units that have the on/off telephone buttons above the keypad, and you must have the Gateway 500 main unit to use the BTA1500 for Bluetooth.

When we close the window (Nov 9) we will confirm pricing to everyone who is on that list. At that time you will decide if you want to proceed and make payment so that we can finalize the shipments to everyone. There is no advance obligation to be on the list.

Again, we must have a relatively large group together, but we feel that this is a great opportunity to give back to this community and we are passing along our discount to you in this group purchase.

Prior orders cannot be included, as this is a separate purchase and shipment we are going to receive. However, if you are in urgent need of a Dension unit (or units), email me and I will see what we can do for you on an immediate basis.

Email us with questions anytime.

And just a footnote: the Gateway 500 unit is compatible with other vehicles (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Saab, Cooper, etc) so if you are interested for a non-Porsche, just let us know.

Thanks for your continued support!

Old 10-21-2010, 10:16 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
How hard is it to install? Does it need to be programmed from the dealer afterwards?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We have detailed instructional information we send to our customers that goes way beyond the package insert. Most folks can install themselves, others go to indy's or dealers.

If you do not have a cd changer in the vehicle (factory option), a dealer needs to program the car after installation (10 minutes with Porsche System Tester). Beyond that, good to go.

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Atob is infamous around these parts
still nothing for 09-11 CRD30s?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:48 PM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
Hey Eric,

I am happy with my mObridge Ipod unit, but would like a BT car kit , can i get your unit and only use it for the video + BT in conjunction with my mObridge ? Price?

PS - love our door plug.

- Jonathan

2008 957 ctt turbo pcm 2.1

Old 10-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Atob - it's a Porsche issue - they integrated everything into the stack, tough to do now.

Spinny - thanks. I believe the mObridge is mimicking a cd changer, as will the Dension - can't run both to my knowledge. The Dension with BTA would give you iPod, BT, Aux and USB, and you can add a video module. But keep in mind the vid module is for rear seat screens only (SUV), not for PCM screen on US cars. Though there may be some hackers out there who could make your iPod video appear on the PCM...just sayin'

Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 AM
rsa supra is infamous around these parts
I'm interested.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in depending on the price...I would love the bt feature...It's a pain to put the sim card into the dash all the time...

Old 10-22-2010, 06:22 PM
EB_1920 is infamous around these parts
I'm interested

Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Atob - it's a Porsche issue - they integrated everything into the stack, tough to do now.

Spinny - thanks. I believe the mObridge is mimicking a cd changer, as will the Dension - can't run both to my knowledge. The Dension with BTA would give you iPod, BT, Aux and USB, and you can add a video module. But keep in mind the vid module is for rear seat screens only (SUV), not for PCM screen on US cars. Though there may be some hackers out there who could make your iPod video appear on the PCM...just sayin'
Eric, when I bought my Dension, I do not recall if we discussed anything about the video module. Can I safely assume this would work with the Dension kit in my '05 CTT? And all I need is a couple of screens? This plays videos off the iPod? More details please.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
jr - the video module is designed to port video to the rear seat entertainment screens. The AVR module that Dension offers is something a bit different for NON US cars - it will allow video to the front screen.

Email me and let me see what I can find out for you.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:55 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Interested in the full kit with BT. What is the Group price?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Alan, if you are on the list the notice will give you all pricing.

Thanks everyone! This closes at midnight TONIGHT. If you are still interested (no obligation), email me immediately!

eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Any units left for sale at the group buy price?

Last edited by lnferno; 01-03-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
mkp1301 is infamous around these parts
I'd be interested in purchasing a unit if available as well. Maybe another group buy needs to be kicked off?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Special Group Purchase Opportunity!