DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
May be $500 with core exchange?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We are making full replacements, no core needed.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Ok $500 then

Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
Ok $500 then
My thoughts exactly! Heck, if we can do full replacement LED tail lights for $750, surely we can do front LEDs for $500??

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
Any news on the DRL's??? How can they build LED tail lights that work but cannot do this on front lights?
The only company that succeded on the conversion is Speedart but they are crasy overpriced.

Anyone who solved this?
Something like this? Expensive though.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...mp%3B-GT2.html

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
FYI the front 2010 997TT markers are the same as the 07-09. So these still have to be modified. If they have this complete kit modified with ballast, $1400 is a good deal considering new OEMs are about $500 for the pair.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:20 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
FYI the front 2010 997TT markers are the same as the 07-09. So these still have to be modified. If they have this complete kit modified with ballast, $1400 is a good deal considering new OEMs are about $500 for the pair.
I have two pairs sitting in my garage

Old 02-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Something like this? Expensive though.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...mp%3B-GT2.html

I have contacted FVD today, they had problems with their DRLs so they don't sell them for the moment. They say they will have their new (good ones) by the end of the week.

The funny thing is that they sell them for 650euro where in US they cost $1,463

Speedart sells theirs for 1,424 euro plus 19% VAT where in US GMP sells them for $1500 (1,113 euro)

How can this happen?

By the way reading around forums i see that 997tt DRL conversion is the most negativelly discussed modd. Everybody knows that this modd costs $30-$50

Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
Yeah and exhaust material only costs maybe $300-$500. Get out your tig welders LOL.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Yeah and exhaust material only costs maybe $300-$500. Get out your tig welders LOL.
Its so funny to hear this from you. It takes a few minutes to do the DRLs where the exhaust system takes a lot of research LOL
How can the complete LED tail lights cost 750 then?

This modd should be for 100-200$ all included

Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor
If it took $30 to do and a couple mins, then this thread would not exist

Old 02-15-2011, 05:34 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
I have done similar when I split open my Audi TT gen 1 lights and had the interior plastic painted. So it is a pain to do as a home project. Also the glue on those apparently is very hard, and baking it doesnt help at all, according to yellowtubo who has done it as a dyi.

There has to be a way to deal with the housing on a production level. The swapping of the bulbs is nothing and should cost 100-200 (each of these led bulbs IS expensive...dont be fooled)

I cant price it. I figure as the core could be worthless (very hard to split open) cost could be 500 plus 200 plus labor plus profit... If the core was exchangeable, should be in the 400-500 region. If not...

I do LOVE the mod, would do it in an instant. Perhaps fvd in Europe makes sense. Milou thats plus vat yes? γ... τον ΦΠΑ μου!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor
yea you cant "bake" it. You have to dremel apart the OEM ones. Its a *****...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by dianic
I have done similar when I split open my Audi TT gen 1 lights and had the interior plastic painted. So it is a pain to do as a home project. Also the glue on those apparently is very hard, and baking it doesnt help at all, according to yellowtubo who has done it as a dyi.

There has to be a way to deal with the housing on a production level. The swapping of the bulbs is nothing and should cost 100-200 (each of these led bulbs IS expensive...dont be fooled)

I cant price it. I figure as the core could be worthless (very hard to split open) cost could be 500 plus 200 plus labor plus profit... If the core was exchangeable, should be in the 400-500 region. If not...

I do LOVE the mod, would do it in an instant. Perhaps fvd in Europe makes sense. Milou thats plus vat yes? γ... τον ΦΠΑ μου!!!

FVD had problems with dashlight so they don't sell them for the moment, their DRLs would cost you over 800euro with shipping and VAT

Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 AM
We need Ray at Rottec to contact his people in Taiwan to start working on front LEDs. I presume it will sell well for $500.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?