DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:04 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Dan,

Have you tried the parking light? This is one of the main problems with the DRLs, they usually flash or loose their power.
Or I guess the parking light will remain the same as the factory?
If it will be the full LED side that would be great.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:23 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
I already have some DRLs so I can answer some of the questions
You can replace them without removing the bumper but will be a little tricky to access the plug. To do a proper installation bumper should be off. I did the mesh installation at the same time.

There is only one screw to take the lights of, so a screw driver will be needed.
You might need the help of another person to remove/put back the bumper. Some torch tools will do.
Connecting a wire to the fuse box is new to me but it shouldn't be difficult. I am sure Dan will provide a diagram showing where to connect it

I hope this helps
Milou - thanks that helps. I am curious to hear how we can install without taking the bumper off. I will have access to a lift if that helps but doubt it. I am also thinking about doing fog lights with either different bulb or HID at the same time.

I am not too concerned about using the fuse panel but I am concerned about running wire to the driver fuse box - just don't want to drill new hole if I don't have to.

Also what do you mean by "torch tools"?

Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
I gave up on the Hoen dleds after several sets as they only seemed to last me around six months. So my option is to leave in the factory incandescent?

Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
It may seem like $1000 is expensive for this but I just saw the other thread with the Speedart drls which now cost nearly $2600!!!! If these look anywhere as good then they are a relative bargain.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Steverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Bogg
It may seem like $1000 is expensive for this but I just saw the other thread with the Speedart drls which now cost nearly $2600!!!! If these look anywhere as good then they are a relative bargain.
You guys really don't understand how ignorant and hypocritical you are on your responses to my posts.

Let me ask you this in a way you should be able to understand. Why buy these cheap $1000 DRLs when you can get the same thing for $2600!? I mean c'mon guys, you drive a Porsche, not a pinto! You shouldnt be putting these pathetically cheap $1000 on your Porsche, you deserve to be screwed in the worst possible way because it's for a Porsche right!? So why don't you buy the $2600 DRLs?

So the guys making comments towards my thoughts on the price have the absolute say so on what a reasonable price is for parts on our cars? Anything cheaper than that doesn't deserve to be put on a car that isn't yours huh? I'm just a 'd-bag' for voicing a reasonable opinion on a public forum on a thread that is about DRLs from all sources, not just Vivid's?

Vivid is doing the EXACT same thing to Speedart that I commented that I am willing to wait for - a cheaper alternative for the exact same thing. You guys can't handle the fact that the alternatives are coming, they are going to be priced reasonable unlike these DRLs, and all you can say is that they are too cheap and don't deserve to be on a Porsche when at the same time buying Vivid DRLs that are super cheap compared to speedarts DRLs? I mean really?!

Then you want to knock where they will probably be made? I'm willing to bet many of you are posting on here using your beloved phones and tablets. Guess where those where made? Ignorant hypocrites.

Last edited by Steverin06; 02-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:08 PM
mcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud of
Dan they look great !!!! Getting a couple guys here in NJ to get them also !!!!GREAT Price !!! Like i said can't wait to put them on the car.....

Old 02-11-2012, 03:24 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steverin06
You guys really don't understand how ignorant and hypocritical you are on your responses to my posts.

Let me ask you this in a way you should be able to understand. Why buy these cheap $1000 DRLs when you can get the same thing for $2600!? I mean c'mon guys, you drive a Porsche, not a pinto! You shouldnt be putting these pathetically cheap $1000 on your Porsche, you deserve to be screwed in the worst possible way because it's for a Porsche right!? So why don't you buy the $2600 DRLs?

So the guys making comments towards my thoughts on the price have the absolute say so on what a reasonable price is for parts on our cars? Anything cheaper than that doesn't deserve to be put on a car that isn't yours huh? I'm just a 'd-bag' for voicing a reasonable opinion on a public forum on a thread that is about DRLs from all sources, not just Vivid's?

Vivid is doing the EXACT same thing to Speedart that I commented that I am willing to wait for - a cheaper alternative for the exact same thing. You guys can't handle the fact that the alternatives are coming, they are going to be priced reasonable unlike these DRLs, and all you can say is that they are too cheap and don't deserve to be on a Porsche when at the same time buying Vivid DRLs that are super cheap compared to speedarts DRLs? I mean really?!

Then you want to knock where they will probably be made? I'm willing to bet many of you are posting on here using your beloved phones and tablets. Guess where those where made? Ignorant hypocrites.
Yes but we will get them first lol

Plus the warranty. I have tried a couple of companies who remanufacture Porsche 997 tt DRLs and all had problems.

My friend bought those Speedart DRLs from design 911 with so many problems which they couldn't fix so they returned his money.
$1000 is not bad for a complete DRL set, without exchanging factory parts.
You are right that some parts are overpriced just because they are made for a Porsche but this is not the case here.
Dan took the risk and spend the time to manufacture this parts from scratch and I think his price is very reasonable

Old 02-11-2012, 07:41 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steverin06

Actually the reason you are a d-bag is b/c you have quoted me as if I was responding to you or personally offended you. Chill out.

Last edited by The Bogg; 02-11-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thuggy
I gave up on the Hoen dleds after several sets as they only seemed to last me around six months. So my option is to leave in the factory incandescent?
Really? I've had mine in for over a year and it's still working for me.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you guys better grow up fast and knock of the insults and name calling or this thread will be lost to the members that would like it to stay on topic

Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 AM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by atomic80
Really? I've had mine in for over a year and it's still working for me.
Yup. Both the old two and three diode bulbs. Multiple sets. Hoen was great with customer service and always sent new ones but just got tired of crawling under and replacing. They would be fine for a few months and look great, them would begin to flicker and then eventually die.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Bummer, they've worked for me for a while now. The first pair did burn out but Hoen sent a replacement and they've been fine thus so far. *knocking on wood*

Old 02-12-2012, 12:54 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Don't forget we get a free custom" 007 "style carrying case to put our old DRL's in.I would of like to have seen a $ discount for being in the guinea pig 1st 40 group buy ,that's the whole point of a group buy ,but i'm tired of waiting for the cheap knock offs we've been waiting 4 yrs now, hell the 991 tt will be out soon. I trust & thank Dan for coming up with these & i'm in at $1k can't wait to get them "Bond James Bond"

Last edited by twturbo; 02-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
hoen leds are thicker, will require removing the bulb and resetting the two copper prongs inside the factory lamp housing at least once a year, I think it has that outlined in the install instructions. they say a lot of bulbs get returned in perfect working order due to this being overlooked. I just cant go back to stock dirty yellow bulbs.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
hoen leds are thicker, will require removing the bulb and resetting the two copper prongs inside the factory lamp housing at least once a year, I think it has that outlined in the install instructions. they say a lot of bulbs get returned in perfect working order due to this being overlooked. I just cant go back to stock dirty yellow bulbs.
Are we talking fog lights or city lights?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?