DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
I know you're just ignoring my warnings..well, what can I say. It's not appreciated but I just hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else. It happened to two of us.
I dont respond to "Buddy". Also you are the only person in my life I have see by putting a brighter bulb burn his light. Though you are warning people, nothing has been proven but your own experience. So I would appreciate common courtesy to wait to make claims or judge until then.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
It happened to TWO of us..TWO turbos with aftermarket bulbs. We each had to pay $400 per turn signal pod to get them replaced because of a $5 dollar aftermarket bulb. I really don't want to see this happen to others. I don't even know your name which is why I called you buddy so sorry about that. I just don't want to have others regret using these bulbs. I'm not really trying to go against what you're offering us, just trying to put the word out. This is nothing about me making a false claim or to get judged. I couldn't care less about how you perceive me or how others might as well. I posted a picture and I even started a thread about it a while back.

I know that I'll be taking those bulbs OUT when I get them and putting the OEM bulbs in. I won't say anything more beyond this post.

Last edited by atomic80; 05-03-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You dont have to use the bulbs. They cost me an extra $2 per kit so someone would not have to take out there stock ones. But you can simply pull your stock ones out. I have worked on this for over a year and you all have patiently paid and waited. Believe me, I want everyone to be happy.

If it happened to 2 of you, then it could be a number of things, but at the end of the day, it did not happen with this product. Its like back in the day some PHole saying that titanium exhaust crack and are not good for Porsche. Weird that Akrapovic does not have a issue LOL. Back to having fun.

There were a million ways to address this, but saying Buddy reminds me of this -

BTW if you did not know for all the time I have been on here, my name is Dan - http://www.linkedin.com/in/danmermelstein

Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Thanks Dan, I'd rather you use that extra money you put into this to ship these out to me sooner than later. Just saying.

My guess is that these pods were built to withstand certain temps put out by the OEM bulbs. Those aftermarket bulbs burn hotter than stock which is probably why they started melting the plastic housing within. You'd have to test these new pods to see how much of a temp tolerance they have to withstand those bulbs.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
I will try to melt mine first Like I said, the bulb can be pulled out.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Ryanm51981 is infamous around these parts
In the 1/10,000 chance mine melts....Im glad I have a warranty

Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM
johngoga is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ryanm51981
Well said...

Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by johngoga
Well said...
Originally Posted by Ryanm51981
Porsche did not cover these turn signal bulbs under warranty because I put those aftermarket bulbs in. Just sayin'

It took several months for those aftermarket bulbs to melt the turn pod housing. Doesn't happen right away.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
We do have a "you're being mean" clause in our warranty

Old 05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
CobaltTurbo is infamous around these parts
Hey PAL uh Dan..... I actually listened to the whole clip just to get to the buddy part! Pretty good! Though my virgin ears burned from all the f words used . I am sure you will let the group know when the DRL's arrive, I know I for one am curious to see how they will shine on my Cobalt sled! More importantly it will make the sled more visible to folks that only have vision for large suv, but pull out in front of speeding sports cars without giving a moments thought

Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
They are in route. I hope if no customs delays then we can have them here Friday.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
We are just days away super patient people!

Attached Images     
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
johngoga is infamous around these parts
Is that the case that they come in???

John

Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
Heeellllssssss Yes

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
997into is infamous around these parts
Shipping Today?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?