DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The product was tested, however we didn't pull ever set and test. Now we are.

I'm working on a quick video to show how to test the lights. Won't be fancy but should show how to make the connections. Give me a couple hours on this (afternoon today will be up)

Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
hope mine work perfect !

Old 05-24-2012, 11:40 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997into
As I am set to have mine installed tomorrow morning, I would like to know a viable way to test before going forward with intsall?
Where are you having them installed? I presume that's Pickering, Ontario? I work in Ajax.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Smile

Originally Posted by AuZZie
Hey.. We can all dream. I've spent enough time in the modding community to know that isn't the reality though, and I can see the Vendors point of view.

I also pay 45% income tax and 12% sales tax. I shouldn't have to (imo). But i do. Way of the world.

Best of luck getting it all sorted though.
Sorry auzzie, by you saying that you're paying 45% on income tax is irrelevant to the topic here. I understand that things are the way they are but things are also the way they are for a reason. You pay 45% on income tax but you get free healthcare (it's not free perse) but I pay just below 40% here in the state plus I have to pay for my own healthcare which is pretty close to what you pay but do you see any of us cry about that? It's the way of life. Anyone wish to chime in?

Let's move on, Dan is putting up a video soon and hopefully everyone come out happy.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 PM
997into is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Where are you having them installed? I presume that's Pickering, Ontario? I work in Ajax.

SPorts Car Boutique!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 997into
As I am set to have mine installed tomorrow morning, I would like to know a viable way to test before going forward with intsall?
If I were to do it over I would
1. Take front bumper off, now way around that
2. Take out OEM lights and put new ones in, wire nuts, no soldering
3. bring wire to fuse box not go effort of going through dash
4. pull bumper close enought to test lights but don't mount reinstalll bumper

This way the only effort is put old lights back and rehang front bumper if one doesn't work. Honestly that wasn't that hard.

My project was much bigger as I was replacing both front radiators at the same time. But since I did it myself, I know how I would do it again. 20 minutes to take bumper off.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:50 PM
AuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gotnem108
Sorry auzzie, by you saying that you're paying 45% on income tax is irrelevant to the topic here. I understand that things are the way they are but things are also the way they are for a reason. You pay 45% on income tax but you get free healthcare (it's not free perse) but I pay just below 40% here in the state plus I have to pay for my own healthcare which is pretty close to what you pay but do you see any of us cry about that? It's the way of life. Anyone wish to chime in?

Let's move on, Dan is putting up a video soon and hopefully everyone come out happy.
Woh woh.. Health Care? Don't read into it so much. Cry about it? I was just saying, what we think is fair, and what the real world reality is, isn't always the same.

Easy tiger.

EDIT: Literacy issues

Last edited by AuZZie; 05-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
If there is a way to have them tested before installed please let us know. I have three sets which I would like to test before installing them

Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
OK here is the quick video, no sound, but should be clear enough for anyone that needs it.

Link to the download.
See YouTube below.

Last edited by vividracing; 05-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
AuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the roughAuZZie is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
OK here is the quick video, no sound, but should be clear enough for anyone that needs it.

Link to the download.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...p-test-drl.mp4
To save everyone having to download 100Mb video, and to keep your westmaster sane I've put it up on YouTube for everyone (if Vivid has a problem with that just fire me a PM and I'll take it down).

Last edited by AuZZie; 05-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Thanks for the video! Phew, they look fine! I'm happy

Note: I only had to connect 1 wire in prong #2 to have the leds light up, prong #3 is not mandatory I guess.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
Some more photos of my install. Hope this helps!

Entry from wheel well. Not sure why I have this hole here and maybe my car is the only one with this hole but I fed the wire into this to get to the compartment in front of the firewall.

View from above driver's side firewall:

Entry through rubber grommet in firewall:

Inside the car just in front of the clutch pedal:

Old 05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Dan should send you a T-shirt for your post... Hell if he doesn't, I will!

Cheers!

Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
Thanks! Hope your install goes well!
Paul

Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 AM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Update

So after three days of my lights being different shades of yellow on passenger side they are not yellow anymore. They match the drivers side. Strange that it changed colors after 3 days, and that was three days with ignition on and off. So I don't know what to think at this point. Maybe keep them on and see what happens for a while? They did look horrible when the colors were shades of yellow. But now it doesn't look that bad.

Rob did explain that the color I am seeing on the driver side initally was normal with shades of blue/green. So I guess that e-mail and next day delivery that I never received is okay since I will be keeping these on for a while to see what happens. And to Robs credit he did call within 15 minutes of my initial post and was going to send e-mail and new set next day, that part just didn't happen. I'm sure he is busy and got sidetracked.

Any others out there notice change in colors after being yellow?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?