DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The inner blister packaging is thin, so when they came over in bulk, this could have happened.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
My inner plastic packing was also cracked - although not as bad as yours. Fortunately the DRLs were not damaged.

I did notice that the silicone seal was not consistently sealed all around the housing. I had to get some black silicone seal from Napa and touched up a few spots on both DRLs.

Paul

Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Originally Posted by The Bogg
ditto, and a rep point for the great pics.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Jake's Oy is infamous around these partsJake's Oy is infamous around these parts
I haven't installed my kit yet. Is there anyway to tell if mine are bad before I pull my car apart?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Jake, these are not "bad" parts. If you want to see if the LEDs are lighting up properly before you take the bumper off, do this simple test -

Old 05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Today I recievd an error "check engine front side light" any ideas. I still have not received an anser to my post #634, or to my pm

"So I completed the "separate battery before install test" with both DRLs looking bright white. I did the test using only one controller unit. When I installed everything in my turbo with both controller units, this is what is displayed with the passenger side DRL showing two yellow lights and the drivers side perfectly white. Is it possible that the controller units may be bad and may not be powering the DRL correctly, or do I need to wait three days for it to "warm" up? I'm convinced its not a DRL LED issue, but rather a controller or installation issue. That being said, any recommendations would be appreciated."

Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Let me review the PMs. Probably one of them while I was gone. Nothing needs to "warm up" however it is odd that did occur. Stand back 5feet and take a picture dead on and post it or email it. Can you give me a ring to discuss as well? 4809663040 x222 Dan

Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Nevermind I see you did this. Basically on that control box you have 2 black wires going in and out of the box. The circuit board inside the box is what controls the multi-color LED to change from being the Turn Signal orange and the DRL white. So if the controller was bad, this would not happen. This could be 2 bad LEDs in that light. If one side is completely fine and you still have access to the control unit, you can swap it to the other side to see if it follows over, if not then we know it is a LED issue. If you just installed them today, for total unknown reasons, sure try to have them "warm up" and if still the same tomorrow after being on for a while, I can overnight you a replacement to put on over the weekend.

Cool deal?

Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
So I completed the "separate battery before install test" with both DRLs looking bright white. I did the test using only one controller unit. When I installed everything in my turbo with both controller units, this is what is displayed with the passenger side DRL showing two yellow lights and the drivers side perfectly white. Is it possible that the controller units may be bad and may not be powering the DRL correctly, or do I need to wait three days for it to "warm" up? I'm convinced its not a DRL LED issue, but rather a controller or installation issue. That being said, any recommendations would be appreciated.

I do want Vivid to give me 4 extra hours back at the end of my life since the install did not go as planned.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Let me review the PMs. Probably one of them while I was gone. Nothing needs to "warm up" however it is odd that did occur. Stand back 5feet and take a picture dead on and post it or email it. Can you give me a ring to discuss as well? 4809663040 x222 Dan
Thanks dan for the quick 5 minute response. It did turn out to be a blown bulb. I swapped it out with one from the other set and all is fine.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
Please share your pictures and updates!

Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
For those that would like to interject some feedback now that you have the lights installed on your car, would you please write a review on our website here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...=1338485732050

Old 05-31-2012, 01:17 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
What about us with the Christmas tree DRLs? Shall we also write a review?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
You can do whatever you feel is necessary. But please dont write things that are far from fact such as "christmas tree" looking. As I have explained above if you are holding the light in front of your face, this is not how they look on the car. Each return I receive I connect and review. Many of them are actually fine. We aim to please, but we can please everyone. As I have asked for pictures from you and given your options, you can choose what you would like to do. If you are not happy with the product, send it back for a refund.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
i received mine yesterday , i will test them before i install them , hope mine are fine

Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
Great! Yes simple to test the power

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?